TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel differently about this case, but that's not to say I'm correct.

I just think that the elements of this crime -

(presumably - not backed up by charges yet) murdering someone who had been in her life for over half her life,
choosing a baby that could easily and quickly be identified, by sight and DNA,
and, very possibly, planning this since the day she heard Heidi was pregnant, and perhaps for no other reason than knowing Heidi was pregnant,

- make it appear to me as if the issue might not be as simple as proving she was pregnant.

How much less of a risk it would be to snatch a random stranger's baby - without the added complications of murder, association, and easy/quick identification of the baby.

I'm not saying I know what motivated MF, but I strongly lean towards this being a crime of some sort of retribution, in her twisted mind. To plan a pregnancy to run alongside Heidi's kind of cancels out the retrospective need to prove pregnancy. (IMO)

It makes sense that she was looking for a way to hook CG by having a baby, but choosing Heidi seems like a bigger factor when I weigh it up. (MOO)

Why in the world would they bring a tiny infant to ANY funeral, much less her own mother's? I totally do NOT get that at all.
On the flip side, I was 18 mo. old when my dad died. I was not at the funeral, but I believe my older brother was. It’s hard to explain, but I have always felt a little funny about the knowledge of not being at my own father’s funeral.

But the bottom line is, I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. It comes down to whether it provides a comfort or stress, to those deeply mourning. I’m sure many were grateful to see Margo, as she is a reminder that ultimately, Heidi left behind a piece of herself in the form of her children.

Last edited:
Inside edition covered this, and here is a shot from that program. We've seen video of the helicopters flying over, but this capture shows MF with a cowboy hat guy sitting in her garage, wearing her red hoodie for all to see that I had missed before. MOO

Right before this screenshot was the view that we've seen with 4 cowboy hat guys standing in her driveway and 4 more at end of driveway.

It appears indeed they detained her outside the house/inside garage while they worked on the warrant that was served late that night and CPS was called in.

View attachment 222658 View attachment 222659

Wow- that is really wild to see her just sitting there in a chair as all this craziness was unfolding.

Inside edition covered this, and here is a shot from that program. We've seen video of the helicopters flying over, but this capture shows MF with a cowboy hat guy sitting in her garage, wearing her red hoodie for all to see that I had missed before. MOO

Right before this screenshot was the view that we've seen with 4 cowboy hat guys standing in her driveway and 4 more at end of driveway.

It appears indeed they detained her outside the house/inside garage while they worked on the warrant that was served late that night and CPS was called in.

View attachment 222658 View attachment 222659

Good find! To me it looks like the 'hat' who is sitting with the suspect in her garage is writing something, or looking at something in his hand.

Further on in the video it shows a person scurrying along to a vehicle with what is said to be 'the baby's carseat'.. so does this mean that HB had brought the baby in her carseat out to MF's vehicle (as opposed to simply holding the baby in her arms)?

Interesting this neighbor shown in the video who was interviewed by media.. says MF was 'standoffish' and that she's 'never spoken to MF', yet she then says 'she knew they were trying to have a baby'.

Last edited:
I just saw this...
Fieramusca's Attorney Says She Didn't Do It
Fieramusca's Attorney Says She Didn't Do It | NewsRadio 740 KTRH

So her body magically appeared in her trunk wrapped in a tarp and her baby girl just appeared in her house??
<modsnip - scanner info in main thread is a violation of TOS>
BUT, if she didn't do it, how would she explain being seen on CCTV at the complex with HB and then her body being in the trunk? Sorry MF, it doesn't work like that when you go to say "I didn't do it" you need to back that up with WHO did so it can be investigated rather than what has already been discovered that lead them to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting this neighbor shown in the video who was interviewed by media.. says MF was 'standoffish' and that she's 'never spoken to MF', yet she then says 'she knew they were trying to have a baby'.
^^sbm

I recall the news of trying to have a baby allegedly told by MF's boyfriend CG. GC was reportedly friendly with his neighbors.

Nice find.
Texas Rangers babysitting pending warrant, I would imagine.
I wonder how she behaved in their presence, whether she was still trying to maintain the facade of 'helpfulness' or was it too close for comfort and did she betray herself?

Unfortunately, this is not Florida where when it is unsealed and plastered on the internet. We the public would be able to view what the interview was in the garage pretty quickly if this was in Florida. Texas, we'll have to wait until trial?

If she has a public defense atty (she does not, and expect throughout?) they aren't allowed to do the stuff/spin that private attys do. We shall see.

MOO

I feel differently about this case, but that's not to say I'm correct.

I just think that the elements of this crime -

(presumably - not backed up by charges yet) murdering someone who had been in her life for over half her life,
choosing a baby that could easily and quickly be identified, by sight and DNA,
and, very possibly, planning this since the day she heard Heidi was pregnant, and perhaps for no other reason than knowing Heidi was pregnant,

- make it appear to me as if the issue might not be as simple as proving she was pregnant.

How much less of a risk it would be to snatch a random stranger's baby - without the added complications of murder, association, and easy/quick identification of the baby.

I'm not saying I know what motivated MF, but I strongly lean towards this being a crime of some sort of retribution, in her twisted mind. To plan a pregnancy to run alongside Heidi's kind of cancels out the retrospective need to prove pregnancy. (IMO)

It makes sense that she was looking for a way to hook CG by having a baby, but choosing Heidi seems like a bigger factor when I weigh it up. (MOO)
Jealousy being a factor?

I take it that Fieramusca is Magen’s married last name? When did she get married and is she still married or did she divorce? Inquiring minds wanna know. LOL

I'll bet Mr Fieramusca has some interesting stories to tell. Hopefully, we'll hear from him as things progress. Being into the psych side of things, I'd like to know about her entire life. Probably a gold mine of info there.

I'll bet Mr Fieramusca has some interesting stories to tell. Hopefully, we'll hear from him as things progress. Being into the psych side of things, I'd like to know about her entire life. Probably a gold mine of info there.

I wouldn't think that he is involved or would be pulled into this at all MOO. And to now, we don't have any info in MSM and hope it stays that way MOO. I'm glad MSM is not going after him and he is not in the media at all.

Gosh forbid, the defense tries to pull him in during the mitigation phase, but otherwise... glad he and his family are not in the media.

Oh, I bet he is mortified & wishes she had dropped his name. How awful for him & his entire family. I’m sure they had a lot to talk about at Xmas tho......

Having nightmares of the Casey Anthony verdict. <shudder> It only takes one juror to hang the whole process and one influential juror to put that doubt into the others’ minds. I do think we could see another José Baez style defense so I just hope for smarter jurors.

IIRC, the prosecution only gave that jury the choice of first degree murder which tied the hands of the jurors in case any thought Caylee's death was accidental, as in if she'd been drugged while Casey went to party and Caylee ended up dying. For me, that was a fatal mistake on the part of that prosecution. I know in some murder cases, jurors have a choice to convict on 1st, 2nd or manslaughter. I don't know how that works in various states. Some may allow that leeway and others not. In Texas, this will be capital murder (kidnapping + murder), both charges for which they have evidence. If someone was involved in the kidnapping, they would also be guilty of the murder, even if they weren't the one who strangled Heidi so even if TX allows for conviction on a lesser charge, I don't think it would be relevant because the kidnapping demands the capital murder charge. We know that Heidi and Margo were kidnapped and we know that Heidi was strangled. With Caylee, I don't think they even had cause of death. IOW, this is a much more solid case and there is video.

and there is the mental competency issue that might factor in: again, moo

https://www.texasappleseed.org/sites/default/files/Mental_Health_Handbook_Printed2015.pdf

CONFIRM THAT AN ACTUAL CASE HAS BEEN FILED AGAINST YOUR CLIENT
Your client’s case may be delayed by the fact that formal charges were never filed against your client. While this does not happen often, there are circumstances where “defendants” are placed in jail without any charges actually being filed. In many counties, without direct filing, a person may languish for a long period with no charge having been filed, yet a competency exam is ordered and, on many occasions, the person is sent to the state hospital—to be “restored” with regard to a case that does not yet exist! Please confirm that a case has been filed to avoid delays.

SBM

Thank God that doesn't apply here (she's been charged) but that is downright bizarre. How can anyone be incarcerated and not charged? Scary.

Well, she hasn't admitted to killing Heidi, and, in truth, we don't know what she did.

Oh, we know some of what she did. She had Heidi's body in the trunk of her car. She hid that car at the back of the house. She had Margo, passing her off as her own and telling Tim Miller and Heidi's friends she was concerned about Heidi's and Margo's whereabouts and trying implicate Shane. Further, we know the cops were asking about a silver Nissan so they knew more. We've also been told there's video of Heidi getting into a car, though we don't know what's on it. We know a lot and the investigators know enough that they caught her, in another city, and saved Margo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd