Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, and this reminds me that at least one person who LE wanted to interview had refused to speak to them, per TPS at the Ont. Court of Justice hearing last April. That certainly sends up a red flag.

I wonder if LE was ever successful in speaking to that person(s) (and others, who LE could not locate possible because they left Canada). If you refuse to speak to LE in a murder investigation, they will immediately zero in on you as a POI and investigate the hell out of you. At the same hearing, LE stated that they have a working theory, and an idea of what happened. That is a confident, bold statement to make, if it is true.

I have to wonder if the above noted, unnamed person(s) who refused to speak to LE provided a direction in the investigation which has turned out to be very productive. It seems that LE want more evidence to make an arrest, but it sounds positive imo.

Barry and Honey Sherman murder case: Police have working theory and ‘an idea of what happened’ | The Star

In general, I think wealthy people should not discuss changes to their wills that may threaten heirs, or impact business arrangements, in some way. In my opinion, if Barry and Honey Sherman had not talked about changing their wills, leaving most of it to charity, and making other decisions even in the near future, like possibly Honey giving 500 million to her sister Mary, they might both still be alive today.

I am reminded of the Dellen Millard case. He shot his father, and was successful for a period of time making it look like a suicide. He wanted his inheritance right away, and was afraid that if his father remarried, (new will ? ) or continued to make investments in his new aviation business, that he would loose financially. Just saying ... all speculation, and my opinion, only.

Happy Holidays to everyone on this longstanding Board. I do enjoy reading all of your viewpoints and thoughts.
Hopefully 2020 will bring some progress in this case, or even better- an arrest!!
LDLager

Well said, LD!

You, too, dotr!

Want the perps behind the Mississauga cross-bow incident nailed. Subterranean slime at work, there.

Same for whoever shot the entrepreneur in Yorkville.

Very best wishes for Safe and Happy Holidays to everyone that helps makes this board tick!

I love this photo of the Shermans.

35BBF04C-FB1C-433A-8AD3-9EE00B6363C4.jpeg
This is probably old news, but I missed it:

To honour the legacy of two extraordinary leaders who left a tremendous impact on our Jewish community, on Canadian society, in Israel, and around the world, a two-acre park located on Sherman Campus will be named the Honey & Barry Community Park.”
Honey & Barry Community Park | UJA Federation of Greater Toronto

rbbm.
Private Probe into Murder of Canadian Billionaire Barry Sherman is Over
12/31/2019
"Friends had said that the house had nine entrances and both Barry and Honey may have been likely to open the door for someone who asked for help, even at night, and even if it was a complete stranger or someone they barely knew."

“When you offer a 10m [Canadian dollars] reward and nothing has happened, you can see that the people who are involved either don’t need the money or fear that if they come up with the answer, they’ll be eliminated,” Murray Rubin, a longtime friend and business associate of Barry Sherman told The Sunday Times of London.

The case is closed, but speculation about the murderer is still at a peak. All that is known about the assailants is their sly expertise''

rbbm.
Private Probe into Murder of Canadian Billionaire Barry Sherman is Over
12/31/2019
"Friends had said that the house had nine entrances and both Barry and Honey may have been likely to open the door for someone who asked for help, even at night, and even if it was a complete stranger or someone they barely knew."

“When you offer a 10m [Canadian dollars] reward and nothing has happened, you can see that the people who are involved either don’t need the money or fear that if they come up with the answer, they’ll be eliminated,” Murray Rubin, a longtime friend and business associate of Barry Sherman told The Sunday Times of London.

The case is closed, but speculation about the murderer is still at a peak. All that is known about the assailants is their sly expertise''

Murray Rubin, is wrong about the case being closed, it is still active and ongoing.
Secondly how does Murray Rubin know the reward money has had no effect, just because charges have not been laid yet, does not mean the TPS has not received concrete leads as a result of the reward.

I do agree the people involved probably do not need the money, however somebody on the periphery, may need the money, and may have some info.

I was thinking about DNA at the crime site.

If the TPS found DNA of a 'relative' of the victims at the site, that would be meaningless in laying charges, as you would expect to have relative's DNA in your home, correct?

So hypothetically if only family DNA is found, it means nothing in terms of proof. So the TPS would need other evidence to lay charges.

Now if that family DNA was found on the murder weapon (ligatures) that would be different. Makes sense to me now why the ligatures were taken from the murder scene.

Whoever was the perpetrator(s) I think they were very smart.

Murray Rubin, is wrong about the case being closed, it is still active and ongoing.
Secondly how does Murray Rubin know the reward money has had no effect, just because charges have not been laid yet, does not mean the TPS has not received concrete leads as a result of the reward.

I do agree the people involved probably do not need the money, however somebody on the periphery, may need the money, and may have some info.
Mr Rubin did not say the case was closed, the author of the article likely forgot to add that the private investigation is closed, imo, speculation.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/28/priva...anadian-billionaire-barry-sherman-called-off/
Dec 28 2019
"The family of Canadian billionaire Barry Sherman has closed its private investigation into the murder of the pharmaceutical magnate and his wife Honey, two years after they were found strangled in their Toronto home.

The decision to wrap the inquiry has ignited fresh speculation about a case that has transfixed Canada."

disclosures: long-time lurker, just finished KD's book (no knowledge of case prior to reading it today); read all posts of this 13th thread & skim-read some assorted posts of prior threads.

My gut conclusion (which I'm aware lacks a scientifically measurable degree of qualification) heavily and strongly leans towards Jonathan Sherman. I've seen multiple posts of other WS members who share this thought.
;; The Sherman children appear to have a degree of shielding from both TPS and the PI-team (the latter being, well, they hired them).
;; Strongly convinced that the perp had to have knowledge of the home (KD stresses this in that the pool room has a visible security camera, but only upon closer inspection would one know that it is not connected).
;; JS butts heads a lot with his father.
;; JS's eulogy
;; JS personally went to go boot JK from Apotex.
;; KD sent 31Q-query to JS. -> result: JS says he publically cannot answer, but that he's written "comprehensive written responses" to all the Q's. Ooookay....
;; JS has expanded his business in 2019.​
Perhaps it's my tunnel vision, but I wonder if TPS (after all their shenanigans) even looked into JS.

disclosures: long-time lurker, just finished KD's book (no knowledge of case prior to reading it today); read all posts of this 13th thread & skim-read some assorted posts of prior threads.

My gut conclusion (which I'm aware lacks a scientifically measurable degree of qualification) heavily and strongly leans towards Jonathan Sherman. I've seen multiple posts of other WS members who share this thought.
;; The Sherman children appear to have a degree of shielding from both TPS and the PI-team (the latter being, well, they hired them).
;; Strongly convinced that the perp had to have knowledge of the home (KD stresses this in that the pool room has a visible security camera, but only upon closer inspection would one know that it is not connected).
;; JS butts heads a lot with his father.
;; JS's eulogy
;; JS personally went to go boot JK from Apotex.
;; KD sent 31Q-query to JS. -> result: JS says he publically cannot answer, but that he's written "comprehensive written responses" to all the Q's. Ooookay....
;; JS has expanded his business in 2019.​
Perhaps it's my tunnel vision, but I wonder if TPS (after all their shenanigans) even looked into JS.
Makes sense, IMO, if considering the bad connection with HS, which existed also besides the divide between him and his father.

The case is definitely not closed, as Insp. Hank Idsinga announced; just the private investigation has ended. But it had the desired effect by getting the TPS "A-team" on the job after they'd finished with the Bruce McArthur case.

The case is definitely not closed, as TPS already announced. Just the private investigation is over. But that had the desired effect by getting the TPS A-team on the job after they'd finished with the Bruce McArthur case.

Streamed live on Dec 16, 2019
"The private investigation into the murders of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman launched by their family has concluded but Toronto police are still asking for the public’s help with a new tip line. Insp. Hank Idsinga with the homicide squad told reporters Monday that Toronto police have received 205 tips and that the private investigator team hired by the Sherman’s received 343 tips."

It is my understanding this is the current status of the case.
The Criminal Investigation being conducted by the TPS is open and ongoing. The Private Investigation funded by the Sherman children is closed. The $10,000,000.00 reward money has not been withdrawn. All tips and leads should be forwarded to the TPS now.

It is my supposition if the TPS suspects someone in the family, they will be likely investigating several areas of interest.
a) Double checking alibis and timelines. The TPS will want to be 100% sure everybody was where and when they said they were in their alibis.

b) The TPS will looking at all electronic records, communications, bank records, cash transfers and credit cards. They will be specifically looking for unusual activity that arouses suspicion.

For example if I wanted to set up an alibi that I was in Georgetown, when I was actually not, I would have somebody buy gas with my credit card in Georgetown, so there would be a record of me 'being' in Georgetown. Now if the gas station in Georgetown had cameras, the TPS would have to review the tapes to confirm, it was me who actually bought the gas.

Both these areas on investigation can be especially time consuming.

On the other hand, if the crime was perpetrated by someone outside the family, (revenge for a bad deal was my initial belief), the greater focus on the family is an ideal situation on the outsider(s).

Murray Rubin is a long time associate of bs, and a family friend. As such, I am sure he is in close contact with the family. TPS has already stated that they are in DAILY contact with the family, and so I expect MR knows what they know. And I suspect the TPS has much less than we believe they do. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288