FL - Diana Ruiz, 43, & Kristine Melton, 35, murdered, Cape Coral, Oct 2019 *arrest*

Some interesting local news:

Melisa Montanez, 36, of Fort Myers, is a former girlfriend of Wilson and the woman he is being charged for beating on Oct. 7. The News-Press does not typically name victims of domestic violence, but Montanez agreed to be identified.

"I fought for my life ... I was supposed to be one of those bodies," Montanez said about the attack.

A week after Wilson was charged, Montanez received three 15-minute phone calls from him in prison.

He wasn't worried about the prison recording the phone call and had no remorse in his voice when he told Montanez, "I killed that (expletive)," she said.

Wilson also told Montanez that Ruiz got into his car willingly, but then she got out of the car and he ran her over.

Montanez said he admitted to killing Ruiz and Melton, and told her that "they are going to give me the needle."

In the interview, Wilson admitted to meeting Melton at the Buddha Bar in Fort Myers on the night of October 6. He claims they left there together accompanied by a man and another woman, and attended a house party in Fort Myers. It's there Wilson claims he and Melton became intimate. He said after his car broke down, Melton called an Uber and the pair returned to her home on Tudor Drive in Cape Coral where he again was intimate with her at her home but said she was alive when he left her in the morning on October 7th.

"So Kristine was alive and well when you left her home, in her vehicle, with her car, and her phone?" D'Ambra asked. "Yes," Wilson responded. "I asked Kristine if I could borrow her phone and her car," Wilson said. "One, because I don't have a phone at all."

Wilson claims he returned to Fort Myers, got in a fight with his ex-girlfriend, then went back to Cape Coral. He claims he was lost in Cape Coral and while still driving Kristine Melton's black Nissan Versa, he stopped and asked Diane Ruiz for directions.

Wilson said he saw Ruiz walking on the side of the road.

"She actually wanted me to help give her a ride to work and I gave her a ride," he explained. "We drove together for maybe 4 or 5 minutes and then she had me drop her off at a bus stop."

Wilson also denied having anything to do with Ruiz's death.

"Do you find it at all strange though that the two women you had interactions within less than 24 hours, both ended up dying in very bad ways?" D'Ambra asked. "I agree that their deaths are tragic and sad, but do I find it strange? No, I do not," Wilson said. "Because I know what I've done and I have not."

https://nbc-2.com/story/41329269/wade-wilson-talks-to-nbc2-from-jail-about-cape-coral-murders

Melissa Summerall, an organizer of Saturday’s event and a friend of Ruiz's, said those who've heard Wilson’s comments are reeling.

“The few that I’ve talked to are very outraged and very upset. I don’t think attention should be given to it,” said Summerall. “He’s just trying to cry wolf now and get attention any way he can.”

They said Wilson is doing this for his personal gain and his statements shouldn’t be entertained.

“I don’t know if this is a defense he’s trying to conjure together now, but the, you know, him now denying it and saying he doesn’t know what happened, I think there’s a lot more behind it,” said Summerall. “Personally, I don’t believe it.”

Friends and family of Cape Coral woman react to Wade Wilson denying he killed her

“Wilson’s own father spoke on the record. He told investigators Wilson called him after spending the night with Melton asking for help. She was a server at a Cape Coral bar.

Wilson’s father said his son admitted to strangling Melton while she was sleeping, then rolled her up in a carpet.

He does admit, he met her at a bar the night before she was found dead and slept at her house. But claims she was alive when he left in her car.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back