NJ NJ - Charlotte Loomis, 14, Eatontown, 1 Sept 1972

My name is Dallas Dinnan I’m the daughter of charlottes brother Sheridan Dinnan. I just found this. I new she has been missing but didn’t know the details and was told they did a nationwide search but I’m starting to think that that may have been a lie. My aunts and uncles talk so badly about her and just say that she was too good and left them. They won’t give any more details to me other then she got on a plane but only her luggage got off.. my family gets really upset and irritated when she is brought up./QUOTE]
Sending lots of positive energy, Dallas!

CLoomis.jpeg
CLoomis1.jpg

Loomis, circa 1972 and age progressed to 54 years

Charlotte Jean Loomis
Missing since September 1, 1972 from Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Classification: Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 24, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0 - 5'3"; 105 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She is left-handed.
Marks, Scars: She has a previous fracture to one arm just above the wrist, from a fall. She also has a scar on her forehead.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Charlotte was last seen on September 1, 1972 at her older sister's residence at the army base at Fort Monmouth in Eatontown, New Jersey where her sister's husband was stationed. She was believed to have left Eatontown and traveled from Newark International Airport in Newark, New Jersey to Midland Bay City Saginaw International Airport in Saginaw, Michigan. All that arrived was her luggage. She has not been seen or heard from since Loomis was expected to arrive on a flight to Detroit, Michigan where her parents lived. All that arrived was her luggage. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Eatontown Police Department, Detective Bureau
Detective Matthew Williams
732-389-7644

OR

New Jersey State Police, Missing Persons Unit
609-882-2000 ex 2554

Agency Case Number: 2011-6929

NCMEC #: NCMC972345

NCIC Number: M590026141
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs MP#6309
NJ State Police
NCMEC

I've had Charlotte on my mind the last few days and was reading through this thread again.

As far as the scenario where Carole helps Charlotte run away, or hides her, I am thinking that may not have been necessary. Since it doesn't appear that her parents made much effort to look for her at the time, I'm kind of thinking if Carole didn't want to send Charlotte back, she would have just said 'She's staying here" and likely not faced much resistance.

I know a few family members and friends have posted in this thread, and am curious if you agree. Do.you think if Carole was helping her, that she would have needed to be secretive to the point of checking Charlotte's luggage? (That would also mean she would have needed all new stuff to replace her luggage)

My name is Dallas Dinnan I’m the daughter of charlottes brother Sheridan Dinnan. I just found this. I new she has been missing but didn’t know the details and was told they did a nationwide search but I’m starting to think that that may have been a lie. My aunts and uncles talk so badly about her and just say that she was too good and left them. They won’t give any more details to me other then she got on a plane but only her luggage got off.. my family gets really upset and irritated when she is brought up.

Goodness gracious. Why would Charlotte’s own family think that Charlotte thought that she was “too good” and also say bad things about her? She was just a child. That really breaks my heart.

I am curious about Charlotte's photo. When you zoom in, does it look like she has a huge bruise next to the outer end of her left eyebrow? Under her hair it kind of looks like there is one, and then it looks like that eye might possibly be swollen as well. It looks different from the other eye to me.

I'm wondering if it's just me.

I am curious about Charlotte's photo. When you zoom in, does it look like she has a huge bruise next to the outer end of her left eyebrow? Under her hair it kind of looks like there is one, and then it looks like that eye might possibly be swollen as well. It looks different from the other eye to me.

I'm wondering if it's just me.
The eyes and eyebrow area does seem darkened and swollen, either from a bruise, lack of sleep, or she had been crying, imo, speculation.

Charlotte's case has been on my mind a lot lately for some reason. Here's something odd I came across.

I had mentioned awhile back that someone on Ancestry had posted an inquiry about Charlotte, saying she was last seen at Fort Lee in VA in 1974. I assumed this person was confused. Now I'm not so sure.

Thomas Fryday and Carole Loomis were married 4/19/1971 in Norfolk VA.

Charlotte vanished on 9/1/1972

I can place Thomas and Carole in Norfolk, VA in Nov-Dec 1972. (Newspapers.com has an article from November stating Thomas was promoted to Marine Sgt. in Norfolk, VA. A Dec. article mentions Mr & Mrs Thomas Fryday, of Norfolk, visiting people. (That would have been Thomas and Carole)

Thomas's family was in Louisiana, he is also mentioned there several times in high school sports in the newspaper in the late 1960's. So he didn't have family in VA.

It appears that Charlotte was only recently reported missing by siblings - maybe because the original was lost or maybe she was never reported missing back then) so is it at all possible that Charlotte visited Carole in Virginia and not NJ?

If not, Thomas and Carole were back in VA just a couple months after Charlotte disappeared.

Charlotte Jean Loomis
  • charlotte_jean_loomis_1.jpg
  • charlotte_jean_loomis_2.jpg
Charlotte, circa 1972; Age-progression to age 54 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since 09/01/1972
  • Missing From Eatontown, New Jersey
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/24/1958 (62)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Charlotte has a scar on her forehead. She has previously fractured her forearm.
Details of Disappearance

Charlotte was last seen in Eatontown, New Jersey on September 1, 1972. She was staying with her sister-in-law, who was stationed at an army base. She was supposed to take a flight from Newark International Airport to Midland Bay City Saginaw International Airport in Michigan to go home to her parents, who lived in Detroit.

Charlotte apparently never arrived in Michigan, although her luggage did. She has never been heard from again. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Investigating Agency
  • Eatontown Police Department 732-389-7649
Source Information

Charlotte's case has been on my mind a lot lately for some reason. Here's something odd I came across.

I had mentioned awhile back that someone on Ancestry had posted an inquiry about Charlotte, saying she was last seen at Fort Lee in VA in 1974. I assumed this person was confused. Now I'm not so sure.

Thomas Fryday and Carole Loomis were married 4/19/1971 in Norfolk VA.

Charlotte vanished on 9/1/1972

I can place Thomas and Carole in Norfolk, VA in Nov-Dec 1972. (Newspapers.com has an article from November stating Thomas was promoted to Marine Sgt. in Norfolk, VA. A Dec. article mentions Mr & Mrs Thomas Fryday, of Norfolk, visiting people. (That would have been Thomas and Carole)

Thomas's family was in Louisiana, he is also mentioned there several times in high school sports in the newspaper in the late 1960's. So he didn't have family in VA.

It appears that Charlotte was only recently reported missing by siblings - maybe because the original was lost or maybe she was never reported missing back then) so is it at all possible that Charlotte visited Carole in Virginia and not NJ?

If not, Thomas and Carole were back in VA just a couple months after Charlotte disappeared.

Did anything ever come of this? I do not have Ancestry to look. Thanks!

Makes me wonder if she could have even gone missing a bit earlier? These cases with the vague details, and possibly strange family circumstances are always so sad & difficult.

Here is what I was considering as a possibility if Charlotte disappeared earlier:

668UFNJ

Found December 1971

charlotte_jean_loomis_1.jpg 668UFNJ6.jpg 668UFNJ4.jpg

Is there proof Charlotte herself was ever on a flight? I know luggage checked in her name was, but her? Travel was much different then.....I'm wondering if there is anyway to know, with certainty, when she truly went missing.

Here is what I was considering as a possibility if Charlotte disappeared earlier:

668UFNJ

Found December 1971

View attachment 251130 View attachment 251131 View attachment 251132

Is there proof Charlotte herself was ever on a flight? I know luggage checked in her name was, but her? Travel was much different then.....I'm wondering if there is anyway to know, with certainty, when she truly went missing.
I keep coming back to this UID also. I grew up in this area and never heard of this case. I was too young when it happened. Back in the 70's and 80's this area along the Garden State Parkway was (and still is) a truck stop with a hotel (long gone) and a Bob's Big Boy (also long gone) . It was also a short cut onto Jimmy Leeds Rd into the Absecon/Galloway area. Now that area has been re-done and it is an actual exit and not just a short cut. This area is only about a hour and half strait down the Parkway from her sisters house. I'm probably way off and the time frame doesn't fit but the lack of info about her troubles me. And I remember seeing kids flying alone and they were always with a flight attendant and sat in the front seat during the flight.

I wonder if we can find Charlotte in a yearbook, or anything that proves her as alive in 1972? Normally I wouldn't be looking at at UID a year prior to the date someone went missing, but as you said too, the geography fits, the lack of info info about Charlotte, and the family stories in this thread are troubling, and I can see enough of a resemblance to want to look into it a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back