Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police have seen the surveillance footage, and are now saying that they're out of leads and don't know anything about where Paighton might be, that can only mean they've already checked out what's on the footage and it didn't lead to anything. In that case, if they release the footage to the public, all they risk doing is getting two "heavyset" black guys (where did this information come from, by the way? I'm still not clear) in trouble with the people in town.

I mean, I guess it's possible this is all some sort of nefarious "hick cop" cover-up. Or maybe it's all some sort of swerve by the police to fool the "bad guys" into thinking they got away with it, only for an arrest to be made sometime soon. But it seems more likely that the surveillance footage simply doesn't have anything on it that will lead to Paighton. At any rate, from the way the cops are acting, it doesn't seem like they believe that releasing the footage to the public will accomplish anything.
Well said. The only reason I could think of why the video should be released is if they couldn't identify the 2 men she left with. Since they haven't released it, they either identified them already or feel it would do more harm than good if released. Whether we agree with that decision or not. Most cases have a huge desire to know all of the answers and to know them right now. Unfortunately, many of these cases don't work that way. We have to remember, LE shouldn't release something simply to quench the public's thirst for information. They should only release it if it will help bring Paighton back home.

This is the first I heard of her card being left. That puts me solidly on "drugged" track, but I admit she could have just been very very drunk. This should show on the video footage. You leave your card for a tab. You don't generally forget your card. She didn't expect to leave, IMO.

Not sure if her debit card was left behind the bar to cover a tab or if it was found randomly dropped on the floor. Either one is not at all unusual to have happen.

Every bar ends up with a stack of left behind bank cards at the end of the night. Easy to forget things once you start drinking. And maybe she initially put it down to buy her own drinks but then had other people buying her drinks.

I thought it was posted up thread that her debit card was found on the floor of the bar near where she had been standing. Women often leave their purses at home or in the car and just slip their ID and bank card in a pocket with their phone. Not hard to imagine in the course of an evening having a card slip out unnoticed when you take out your phone or otherwise.

h
Not sure if her debit card was left behind the bar to cover a tab or if it was found randomly dropped on the floor. Either one is not at all unusual to have happen.

Every bar ends up with a stack of left behind bank cards at the end of the night. Easy to forget things once you start drinking. And maybe she initially put it down to buy her own drinks but then had other people buying her drinks.

I thought it was posted up thread that her debit card was found on the floor of the bar near where she had been standing. Women often leave their purses at home or in the car and just slip their ID and bank card in a pocket with their phone. Not hard to imagine in the course of an evening having a card slip out unnoticed when you take out your phone or otherwise.
I just read all the pages and I don't think that her debit card being lost has ever been stated as a fact. I think a poster posited that as a possibility as to why her bank account hasn't been accessed. One of the reasons I just deleted an entire post of mine without posting it. Most of it was just me speculating and that then runs the risk of it later being posted as fact.

I just read all the pages and I don't think that her debit card being lost has ever been stated as a fact. I think a poster posited that as a possibility as to why her bank account hasn't been accessed. One of the reasons I just deleted an entire post of mine without posting it. Most of it was just me speculating and that then runs the risk of it later being posted as fact.

To be fair, these days when one has a smartphone, a debit card isn't even necessary. While it has been established that PH's bank account had not been accessed after she went missing, it *hasn't* been stated as fact that she even *has* a debit card, let alone dropped it. Her bank account being intact may be entirely because her 'phone completely discharged (or was turned off or in some other way was rendered non-operational).

It sounds as if the men on the video have either been identified and have been cleared of any wrongdoing or she actually never left with the two men. Additional surveillance camera's in the area might prove that the two men just walked outside with her but then maybe she just took off walking or left with someone else.

There has been speculation that maybe the two men were bouncers or off duty police. I know cover ups happen but I really doubt that the police are trying to cover up for anyone in such a high profile case.

If it's been proven that the video does not show who is responsible for her disappearance (in other words they have been cleared) then it does absolutely no good to release.

To be fair, these days when one has a smartphone, a debit card isn't even necessary. While it has been established that PH's bank account had not been accessed after she went missing, it *hasn't* been stated as fact that she even *has* a debit card, let alone dropped it. Her bank account being intact may be entirely because her 'phone completely discharged (or was turned off or in some other way was rendered non-operational).
Fair enough. Either way I don't think it's been established that a debit card, if there even was one, was left behind purposefully or not.

I still have a terrible feeling of Savannah Spurlock... I just don’t see anyone else involved after her leaving with random people, then sending the text, and never heard from... it’s too likely these people were involved.

unless of course there’s no footage and her friend(s) she fought with are lying.. I wonder what they had fought about, maybe she had a had a drink and it was all a terrible downward spiral? Can’t stop thinking about this woman I so hope she is found alive.
Moooo

To be honest, I thought the same. I managed a bar for 5 years. Depending on the ownership, things can be neglected, but as you said, someone will dispute that. I'll believe it when I see it.
Can someone tell me where all the speculation there aren't cameras, or she wasn't seen on them is coming from? The police literally said word for word they saw her on camera at the bar (leaving the bar) with two heavy set black males. I don't believe the police made that up. That seems pretty conclusive to the existence of at least one functioning camera.

One thing about the 2 men possibly being cleared is that the police haven't updated their statements to reflect that. You'd think if they determined she only walked out at the same time and didn't in fact leave with them they'd release that update.

If she left with 2 men but then LE somehow cleared them sorta expect an updated last known location. e.g., she left with 2 men to go to a house party or another club or wherever and the men split ways with her at the 2nd location. If she left with them and LE cleared them, they'd have either an updated last known location or even "then they dropped her back at the Tin bar". But so far nothing new or updated from LE.

“We’re pretty much in the same place that we were when we first reported her missing,” Williams told the outlet. “We don’t have any other leads. We’ve exhausted the ones we’ve had to this point, but we’ll continue to investigate and try to develop new leads.”​

Can someone tell me where all the speculation there aren't cameras, or she wasn't seen on them is coming from? The police literally said word for word they saw her on camera at the bar (leaving the bar) with two heavy set black males. I don't believe the police made that up. That seems pretty conclusive to the existence of at least one functioning camera.

From the various media reports, LE have some sort of surveillance footage confirming PH leaving Tin Roof with 2 men. What's not clear is if that footage is from the Tin Roof itself or a neighboring business. It's a busy strip of bars and restaurants. Even if the Tin Roof didn't have cameras likely they were picked up by a nearby camera. Hopefully LE went through and scooped up all the surveillance footage from the area.

Abduction near B-ham:

California man accused of kidnapping woman at knifepoint in Brookside, Alabama

BROOKSIDE, Ala. —

A California man is facing multiple felony charges in Alabama after allegedly kidnapping a woman at knifepoint and holding her hostage in Brookside on Sunday.

The Brookside Police Department said officers responded to a report of a woman being kidnapped by a man in driving a white van around 2:45 p.m. on Brookside Coalburg Road. A short time later, police said the van was seen ramming a witness' vehicle. The driver refused to stop for police and a chase ensued.​

Abduction near B-ham:

BROOKSIDE, Ala. —

A California man is facing multiple felony charges in Alabama after allegedly kidnapping a woman at knifepoint and holding her hostage in Brookside on Sunday.

The Brookside Police Department said officers responded to a report of a woman being kidnapped by a man in driving a white van around 2:45 p.m. on Brookside Coalburg Road. A short time later, police said the van was seen ramming a witness' vehicle. The driver refused to stop for police and a chase ensued.​

There is a shot of LE helping someone out of the van, but all that one can are the person's legs. Was there a definite establishment of what PH was last seen wearing?

https://kubrick.htvapps.com/htv-pro...es/brookside-kidnapping-rescue-1577672748.png

Last edited:
Abduction near B-ham:

BROOKSIDE, Ala. —

Wow, wow, wow.

(If anyone’s been following the Kevin Bacon case in Ohio, this will be even more chilling)

Great stuff by the police there.

Doesn't sound good. The text she sent to a friend that she 'might be in trouble' might be referring to the realisation dawning on her that she was at risk of being raped and murdered. Only intoxication could have clouded her judgement on coming to that realisation sooner. As she is an attractive woman, I have little doubt she was chatted to by these guys and accompanied out of the bar in pursuit of sex. I'm sorry to say I do not have high hopes for her safe return at this point in time.

She might not have been the the one that sent the text. IMO.

If she didn’t, I guess I’m not following the reasoning...why would someone else send an alarming text from her phone just an hour after she was last seen?

Doesn't sound good. The text she sent to a friend that she 'might be in trouble' might be referring to the realisation dawning on her that she was at risk of being raped and murdered. Only intoxication could have clouded her judgement on coming to that realisation sooner. As she is an attractive woman, I have little doubt she was chatted to by these guys and accompanied out of the bar in pursuit of sex. I'm sorry to say I do not have high hopes for her safe return at this point in time.

I immediately got Savannah Spurlock vibes, sadly :(

Yes...they probably have some functioning cameras. You're correct.
There is a shot of LE helping someone out of the van, but all that one can are the person's legs. Was there a definite establishment of what PH was last seen wearing?

It's been established she was wearing blue ripped jeans a coral shirt and teal converse shoes

https://kubrick.htvapps.com/htv-pro...es/brookside-kidnapping-rescue-1577672748.png

I don’t think she was drugged, but I do think that drugs, or the promise of them, factored in.

Leaving a bar with two people you don’t know, especially when you have a past history of substance abuse, seems like a probable scenario as I see it.

Her being drugged beforehand in order to facilitate that is possible, but probably less likely.

She wasn’t carried out, and was able to send a text message when she was with them. So whatever happened, I think occurred at their destination, or on the way to it.
I totally agree with this especially the part on the promise of something illegal that’s why she messaged friends instead of police. I would bet her friends have some idea on the drug part of this issue as well and might be worried themselves about getting in some trouble not about anything to do with her disappearance but just the fact that they could get exposed about usage. I could be wrong and hope I am

After 8 days, I'm not convinced that the two men she was last seen on surveillance with know anything about her disappearance.
Agree 100%. It would be highly irregular after 8 days. IMO, if they still suspected those guys this case would be flagged as potentially criminal. And we'd be seeing lots more urgency from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd