OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio cops expand search for 14-year-old boy who disappeared 10 days ago on his way to school | Daily Mail Online

The dailymail posted his mom’s Facebook post. So I guess it’s ok to post. Here are snippets and attached is a shot of the post (dailymail posted it):

‘I have tried to protect him from all the pain in the world, but he is a teen and can't always be a momma's boy,’ she wrote.

‘I knew as he got older I would lose a little more of his attention but what I would give just to get that little bit now.

‘I can't bring myself to clean up things in his room, I didn't want to wash the dirty clothes from his room, and I refuse to put the tree and any Christmas stuff away...he didn't have his Christmas with us.’

The post continued: ‘Harley if you see this… please please come home, call someone, let us know you are alive and safe.

‘I leave my door open and stare outside looking at the road, the alley, the cars going by… are you in there, can you see us.

‘What if [sic] all the online and tv isn’t reaching you. You’ve been gone and NO one has seen you… where are you? Momma loves you...every night I sit on couch and try to stay awake for you...Just come home. Please.’

Attachments

• 858ABED3-18C9-4DCA-B34A-DD712DA3FB46.jpeg
    858ABED3-18C9-4DCA-B34A-DD712DA3FB46.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 48
Notice all of her pleas for him to come home center on HIM coming home to make HER feel better. Including coming home to lay on top of her until she feels better (the Grandfather actually said this). WTH??

All IMO![/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. I had my own manipulative parents and I so much similarities it hurts. That's why I'm so afraid he hurt himself. My first suicide attempt was at 13, after a fight with my parents. Kids don't understand. They see things differently and it's so easy to feel unloved.

Parenting is hard. I screw up all the time. But I apologize. I apologize because I'm the parent and should not lose my cool. She locked him out if the house before, she has depression. They obviously fought.

I wish she would say "I'm sorry for everything, please come home ".

BBM ~ yep! And if you follow the MSM link in your post and read her FB post from last night, she starts it out with "Just I guess it's time I get on tv and talk..." because going on tv to try to find your missing 14-year-old son is such an annoying inconvenience I guess. :( And you can read the rest of her bizarre post. She has made it about herself from the very beginning, she is extremely manipulative and it appears to me that she manipulates and gaslights Harley into some of his "bad behavior". Sadly I have known mothers like this, that's why it's so glaringly obvious to me. Notice all of her pleas for him to come home center on HIM coming home to make HER feel better. Including coming home to lay on top of her until she feels better (the Grandfather actually said this). WTH??

All IMO!
Agree with you on all of this.

Marking my spot.
Where are you, Harley ? :(
The latest posts make me think something else could have happened .
It's getting strange , and I almost feel like his environment wasn't the best.
absolutely agree with this poster. I find it worrying that Harley wasn’t reported missing for 41 hours, and that he was last seen by a family member. Just interesting, IMO. Harley, come home or tell someone you’re safe, kiddo.
MOO

holy hell! would he have to say ‘no comment’ regardless of the answer?!? Because for that not to be a definite yes is heartbreaking!

Was this from the presser? Is there a link? Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Yes - I believe from the presser - I snipped the post down to that quote...

Reactions: osu
I have learned my lesson from the Heidi Broussard case not to judge family members based on how I feel they should be acting.

I'm trying so hard not to, I really am. I think though, that as a mother, I'm sort of confused by the timeline. From what we have been told, Harley said he was feeling sick that Friday morning 12/20. Mom told him to go to school anyways. Harley did not show up to school that morning, and the school attempted to contact the mother via cell phone call but she didn't get the call. There have been a few reasons given for this by the mom, but I believe the most current reason she gave is because she didn't realize her voice mail was full. I would just think that any mother who sent their child to school who wasn't feeling well in the first place would make sure their phone was close by and watching just in case the child really was sick and the illness progressed and the school might call to come pick up the child.

Harley does not come home from school that Friday afternoon, nor does he contact his family. They drive 25 miles away to have dinner and drinks that evening around 9pm. Apparently nobody was concerned about whether Harley was hungry or still sick :(. Or even where he was for that matter.

Another 24 hours goes by, it's now Saturday the 21st late evening and the family finally calls LE to report Harley missing. I know people have different parenting styles but I can't imagine anyone waiting that long, especially knowing your child said he felt sick. I would have been sick with worry!

I'm trying so hard not to, I really am. I think though, that as a mother, I'm sort of confused by the timeline. From what we have been told, Harley said he was feeling sick that Friday morning 12/20. Mom told him to go to school anyways. Harley did not show up to school that morning, and the school attempted to contact the mother via cell phone call but she didn't get the call. There have been a few reasons given for this by the mom, but I believe the most current reason she gave is because she didn't realize her voice mail was full. I would just think that any mother who sent their child to school who wasn't feeling well in the first place would make sure their phone was close by and watching just in case the child really was sick and the illness progressed and the school might call to come pick up the child.

Harley does not come home from school that Friday afternoon, nor does he contact his family. They drive 25 miles away to have dinner and drinks that evening around 9pm. Apparently nobody was concerned about whether Harley was hungry or still sick :(. Or even where he was for that matter.

Another 24 hours goes by, it's now Saturday the 21st late evening and the family finally calls LE to report Harley missing. I know people have different parenting styles but I can't imagine anyone waiting that long, especially knowing your child said he felt sick. I would have been sick with worry!
Where were the dinner/drinks reported?

Do you know who, other than mom, was the last to see him? Brother? Dad? Someone else in the home who saw him that morning or the night before? Tia

Another 24 hours goes by, it's now Saturday the 21st late evening and the family finally calls LE to report Harley missing. I know people have different parenting styles but I can't imagine anyone waiting that long, especially knowing your child said he felt sick. I would have been sick with worry![/QUOTE]

Exactly. It is very clear they were not as attentive as they should have been. That is not an assumption. If your 14 year old does not come home, you should find out where he is. The law in OH states runaways under 17 can go to juvie. Were I am, they can legally run at 14and you cannot do much about it. They should have confirmed where he was Friday. They made an assumption and now he's gone.

Do you know who, other than mom, was the last to see him? Brother? Dad? Someone else in the home who saw him that morning or the night before? Tia

From what I understand, the last known sighting of him was the evening before he disappeared, it was Thursday evening the 19th he was at a friend's house and left there about 7-7:30 pm. That's the last sighting by someone other than family that I am aware of.

Exactly. It is very clear they were not as attentive as they should have been. That is not an assumption. If your 14 year old does not come home, you should find out where he is. The law in OH states runaways under 17 can go to juvie. Were I am, they can legally run at 14and you cannot do much about it. They should have confirmed where he was Friday. They made an assumption and now he's gone.[/QUOTE]
Having raised a son recently, I can tell you permissive parenting, like this, is VERY COMMON now. I found it terrifying and my son found my parenting style stifling & UNFAIR.
I never STRUGGLED with wanting to be “best friends” with my child. I was always the parent. The one he could count on, even when he was in trouble.
I can’t believe parents can go to sleep at night, NOT KNOWING where their kids are.

The mom posted on FB a pic of at Texas Roadhouse at about 9pm on Friday the 20th, in Sandusky I believe

If so, that is sad. Maybe went back home while they were gone, saw they left without him, felt they didn't care and took off again. Ppl need to understand that teens do not think like adults.

They are incredibly sensitive. I just want to hug him. Poor guy. Everything makes it look like it was rough for him.

No matter what, they showed very little concern and if that breaks our hearts, imagine his

I agree with the pleas for Harley to return home being about Mom and not Harley.
I agree that they should be reassuring Harley that everything is okay. That they can figure this out. That they will take care of him. He's a child. It isn't his job to bring his mother out of a depression. Ohhhh yep just like my mother. :mad:

Does it seem weird to anyone else where Grandpa said that Harley loved his mother....but no mention of Dad? Is this a hint that there were problems in that direction?

That Grandpa is Mom's father... so that could be a big part of it. If Grandpa isn't a big fan of his son in law.

Marking my spot.
Where are you, Harley ? :(
The latest posts make me think something else could have happened .
It's getting strange , and I almost feel like his environment wasn't the best.

I think it's been made pretty clear his environment wasn't the best. Harley showed that himself through his videos.

Having raised a son recently, I can tell you permissive parenting, like this, is VERY COMMON now. [/QUOTE]

Yes. This is becoming an all too common form of parenting, and so is teen suicide. And people don't see the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member