Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 30 years in the criminal justice and law enforcement fields. One of the most significant signals that I needed to dig deeper was this statement: “If you had anything on me, you would have arrested me by now.” Another one goes like this: “I’ll talk to you, but tell me what you know.”
ITA.

That said, I also considered there may have been threats, messages, posts on social media with accusations that would lead to him focusing on that in his interview. MOO.

I’m not sure I buy the husband’s story completely. Based on pictures in social media, the husband seemed to be not only the perpetrator’s husband, but also his partner in BDSM exploits. Also, if the husband was so fearful of the perpetrator, why did he have ongoing contact with the perpetrator, such as the Christmas visit. I am not accusing the husband of anything, but I am dubious of his story. This is ALL my opinion.

Me either,I was suprised to read that they were separated after viewing both fb pages,I saw a bit of the husbands page before he changed the profile pic and then ultimately deleted the account and they seemed pretty in sync to be honest. MOO

MOO

Mental Illness and Insanity are related, but insanity, IMO, is not a foregone conclusion.

One can be mentally ill and not be insane clearly.

I see a VERY smart man on a downward spiral. I would not be surprised, based on his current and previous actions as reported, to find that he is mentally ill, but I'm not about to proclaim insanity. I don't think anyone else here is prepared to diagnose that either.

I also see a smart man getting what he wants, when he wants it, and how he wants it, all on his terms. I think his behaviour in court is part of that. He's working the narrative to suit his needs. He's playing the system. This is something he has been good at and he's going to keep working that angle as long as it suits him.

I believe he lured Kevin to his home on the pretence of a good time. He lied about other people being there. I do not believe this is sex gone wrong. It was intentional. This guy knew what he was doing and had intent. If it was sex gone wrong, why mutilate? No need for that. You mutilate because you want to do that. It serves a purpose. I hate to think what that purpose was, but he intended to do that.

So this, to me, shows preplanning, intent, ability to think and plan. He knew right from wrong in this particular case. I think other "dates" will come forward. They will fill in a lot of the pieces of puzzle. The stories are going to be terrifying I believe. Smartest thing the husband did was leave. My guess is, he would have been a victim too.

At the end of the day, I believe he's mentally ill, but he will stand trial and he will be found guilty. It's going to take a while to get him to trial because he's going to play his trump card of incompetency (of which there is precedence) and insanity. He's a smart guy, sick, but smart. He's going to work this every which way.

It is going to be so incredibly hard for Kevin's family and friends. It's hard enough losing Kevin, but to have to deal with this guy going forward is going to a whole other kind of nightmare. This guy is what nightmares are made of.

ALL MOO
You read my mind...

I don’t think the distancing is strange at all. His estranged partner committed a horrific crime, strangers are now accusing and threatening - I think it would be pretty weird if JA were not trying to distance himself. Assuming he’s innocent (and we have zero evidence that he is involved with the crime) - I don’t think anyone can be sure how they would react in his situation. It’s not as if there’s a guidebook, “How to Behave When Your Estranged S&M Hub Brutally Murders a Hook-Up and the World Is Attacking You”.

The distancing might not be unusual, but I think the previous post described his statements as somewhat disingenuous. Based on his statements and what we know about his continuing contact with the perpetrator, I think disingenuous is fair. I agree with you, however, that there is no direct evidence of the husband's involvement.

Last edited:
ITA.

That said, I also considered there may have been threats, messages, posts on social media with accusations that would lead to him focusing on that in his interview. MOO.

In some cases---not necessarily this one---the statement is a way of the person reassuring himself or herself of something. Like this: "If they had anything on me, they would have arrested me already." But, again, I don't mean to impute this to the husband in this case. I'm just including it to add to the discussion.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, where do I find a legend for all of the acronyms used here. I frequently see MOO, MSM, ITA, TIA, etc. I figured some out, but I’m not sure on others. Thanks!

I am sure that the ex won't discuss what happened when he encountered the murderer on Christmas Day.

While I find it odd that they did meet/spend time on Christmas, I am interested to know if the two met alone and where they met. Clearly, this murderer's life was unraveling. Having been together (by the ex's account) for over five years, I am curious as to how their friends were dividing up between them. Was the murderer further isolated from the social group? Was the Christmas visit a long meeting or a stop by?

The sad reality of all of this is that the murderer was going to kill someone eventually. His partner knew it. I feel pretty confident that the other friends knew it. So, he started luring unsuspecting people via apps.

He could not have been to out of touch with reality. He knew enough to tell Kevin that others were coming to this meeting in order to lull him into being more vulnerable. He is not out of touch but more like a Dahmer, IMO.

In some cases---not necessarily this one---the statement is a way of the person reassuring himself or herself of something. Like this: "If they had anything on me, they would have arrested me already." But, again, I don't mean to impute this to the husband in this case. I'm just including it to add to the discussion.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, where do I find a legend for all of the acronyms used here. I frequently see MOO, MSM, ITA, TIA, etc. I figured some out, but I’m not sure on others. Thanks!
Websleuths Lingo

Jamie Arnold is recalling the last time he saw his estranged husband, Mark David Latunski, it was Christmas Day.
Estranged husband of suspect in Bacon murder speaks out

He never expounded on this in the interview.

I have no doubt JA was alarmed at ML's behavior. If he moved out three months ago, he was not living in the home when the incident happened with the fleeing man. It was all over the media, so he had to know about it. I wonder if he ever talked to ML about what happened?
I would also love to know where this conversation happened...

The distancing might not be unusual, but I think the previous post described his statements as somewhat disingenuous. Based on his statements and what we know about his continuing contact with the perpetrator, I think disingenuous is fair. I agree with you, however, that there is no direct evidence of the husband's involvement.

Yes. I am confused by what he is saying. Why would he continue to see him knowing he is so dangerous? He moved out 3 months prior because he felt Mark was a danger to him.

I don't read social media and have a question for those of you who are perusing various accounts. Did ML specifically seek out younger men for his sexual encounters? Quite an age difference between him and Kevin; ML is old enough to be KB's father. How old was the man who allegedly escaped ML a couple of months ago? Was he younger, as well?

I don't read social media and have a question for those of you who are perusing various accounts. Did ML specifically seek out younger men for his sexual encounters? Quite an age difference between him and Kevin; ML is old enough to be KB's father. How old was the man who allegedly escaped ML a couple of months ago? Was he younger, as well?

From the comments on ML's public posts and photos, it appears he's at least acquainted with men of all ages. I can't speak for his actions on dating sites and the age of the initial alleged victim has not been reported anywhere that I can see.

The man who escaped was 29.

Yes. I am confused by what he is saying. Why would he continue to see him knowing he is so dangerous? He moved out 3 months prior because he felt Mark was a danger to him.

Women do it all the time. So there is no difference except this happend to Kevin and not his husband. If JA would have stayed it could have very well been him and Kevin too.

It is mental control that ML had over JA. As a manipulation ML had over JA, JA probably never seen it happen until ML decided to play the mad scientist. It happens all the time in mental abusive relationships. One will never understand if one has never been put in that situation. Plus I believe when you are a Dom you have control over the Sub...not for sure if Sub and Slave are the same. But Any of these don't make him guilty nor innocent.

Women do it all the time. So there is no difference except this happend to Kevin and not his husband. If JA would have stayed it could have very well been him and Kevin too.

It is mental control that ML had over JA. As a manipulation ML had over JA, JA probably never seen it happen until ML decided to play the mad scientist. It happens all the time in mental abusive relationships. One will never understand if one has never been put in that situation. Plus I believe when you are a Dom you have control over the Sub...not for sure if Sub and Slave are the same. But Any of these don't make him guilty nor innocent.

I believe this is very spot on. It is quite possible there was an abuse power/control dynamic at play here beyond what I believe may be more " playful" BDSM sub/slave v dom roles.

From the comments on ML's public posts and photos, it appears he's at least acquainted with men of all ages. I can't speak for his actions on dating sites and the age of the initial alleged victim has not been reported anywhere that I can see.
IIRC the quote from the neighbor whose house that victim ran to, referred to the victim as "a kid"

Hi.. New here. Following this case on social media. One observation.. wouldn't it be likely that if JA is involved in some way, that he likely would've been involved in the November incident? Personally, I don't think it's unusual or strange for someone to maintain a relationship with their spouse after leaving/separation; sometimes that's the case even in abusive relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998