ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy theory and staging? Only because some things are found to be suspicious in all of this, especially to locals and friends of hers? I feel a bit insulted by that comment- I'm the last one to go down that road and am always realistic of situations.

If that article hadn't been posted, there would be much more concern for this case. For all that we know, someone close could have been very aware of her past and taken advantage of the fact that a comment she said one day in anger would be to their advantage.

No one has ruled out suicide, but I can tell you it would have been a little tough with low tide that morning to commit suicide and not be seen not only jumping, but her body would not have gotten far. If it is found that she did harm herself, then fine, I'll accept it for what it is. Until then, I am leaving options open for various reasons, like several other folks on here. Perhaps it's best we all talk privately in PM's and not bother others with our concern about the possibility that Anneliese may be deceased at someone else's hands.
I couldn’t agree more with everything you just said. ❤️

Conspiracy theory and staging? Only because some things are found to be suspicious in all of this, especially to locals and friends of hers? I feel a bit insulted by that comment- I'm the last one to go down that road and am always realistic of situations.

If that article hadn't been posted, there would be much more concern for this case. For all that we know, someone close could have been very aware of her past and taken advantage of the fact that a comment she said one day in anger would be to their advantage.

No one has ruled out suicide, but I can tell you it would have been a little tough with low tide that morning to commit suicide and not be seen not only jumping, but her body would not have gotten far. If it is found that she did harm herself, then fine, I'll accept it for what it is. Until then, I am leaving options open for various reasons, like several other folks on here. Perhaps it's best we all talk privately in PM's and not bother others with our concern about the possibility that Anneliese may be deceased at someone else's hands.
I couldn’t agree more with everything you just said. ❤️

My spouse wanted to do a road trip today but my suggestion of a walk near Rte 295 in Falmouth was summarily rejected. I guess it wouldn't have been a search with much of an upside (what would have been the best case scenario?) so we went elsewhere on the Maine coast.
Sadly I agree with the visiting poster that AH will be found in the water but clearly nobody here is suggesting that LE is staging searches or going through the motions. I do think that LE found some personal physical evidence left by Anneliese near the water but that's just my conclusion from watching the actions taken by LE and the family who is reported to have done their own water searches.
And the revealing article about AH and her life struggles. I've got some mixed feelings there but tend to think it was a pretty balanced article. Many of us here have friends, family or our own mental illnesses (trifecta here) and I'm in the camp that feels that the subject needs more openness. Treating mental illness as a hushed up secret only continues to propagate its reputation as a personal weakness with a stigma attached. However I would have scaled the article back a little out of respect for her children. After reading the article (again) I certainly don't come away with any negativity towards Anneliese. Instead it makes me realize that we all have our troubles and need to support our neighbors. I'm still hoping she makes it back and if she does, I suspect she will have an amazing outpouring of support. If AH's family feels she was the victim of a crime, they've had plenty of opportunity to express that opinion and drive local action. Certainly, we would all listen. However I feel like they are firmly in the suicide camp by their actions and words while at the same time I'm hoping they're wrong.

Questions for locals:

How do you get underneath the bridge by the shoreline? Are there roads or is the area too marsh-like for that?

ETA: I am getting concerned because there’s not much activity on Anneliese. How can we advocate for her?

Is it known what Anneliese was doing in the hours/days before her disappearance?

Last edited:
Questions for locals:

How do you get underneath the bridge by the shoreline? Are there roads or is the area too marsh-like for that?

ETA: I am getting concerned because there’s not much activity on Anneliese. How can we advocate for her?

Is it known what Anneliese was doing in the hours/days before her disappearance?

I'm not sure how much access there is to the water over by the two bridges. There are other areas where water is more easily accessible, like Back Bay Cove, but I think it'd be a scramble to get to the water near the bridges, unless you actually jumped. I can take a drive through again at some point, but I don't recall seeing any particularly easy access, especially to the shoreline.

I like your idea of advocating for Anneliese, I am just not sure how/what to do!

I'm not sure how much access there is to the water over by the two bridges. There are other areas where water is more easily accessible, like Back Bay Cove, but I think it'd be a scramble to get to the water near the bridges, unless you actually jumped. I can take a drive through again at some point, but I don't recall seeing any particularly easy access, especially to the shoreline.

I like your idea of advocating for Anneliese, I am just not sure how/what to do!
There are also other bridges closer to her home and where she grew up in Harpswell! Yet another reason why self harm is so hard for me to believe is the case.

There are also other bridges closer to her home and where she grew up in Harpswell! Yet another reason why self harm is so hard for me to believe is the case.

Sometimes that's true, but sometimes people who commit suicide don't want to do it near their home because they don't want their loved ones to be the ones to find them. Others don't want to be found at all. Some go to a favorite place. Outdoors people often walk into the wilderness until they can't walk any more.

It's very individual.

Sometimes that's true, but sometimes people who commit suicide don't want to do it near their home because they don't want their loved ones to be the ones to find them. Others don't want to be found at all. Some go to a favorite place. Outdoors people often walk into the wilderness until they can't walk any more.

It's very individual.

I don't think we're suggesting suicide with this inference. That's the point.

Isn't that what "self harm" is a euphemism for? Maybe I've been translating it wrong all along.

I think what Willow and Serpico are saying is that they do not believe that Anneliese committed suicide a.k.a. self harm. You aren't wrong in the definition, but I believe they, along with several others of us here, feel that something else may have happened to Anneliese. @willow324 and @Serpico Charlie , please correct me if I am mis-speaking.

I think what Willow and Serpico are saying is that they do not believe that Anneliese committed suicide a.k.a. self harm. You aren't wrong in the definition, but I believe they, along with several others of us here, feel that something else may have happened to Anneliese. @willow324 and @Serpico Charlie , please correct me if I am mis-speaking.
I concur; I am considering that, as @willow324 previously suggested, should her car have been "dumped", she wouldn't likely also be near the vehicle. I also want to suggest the improbability of there being an active cover-up of a "self-harm" incident, which would be inferred by suggesting she hurt herself elsewhere and had the vehicle discarded[by someone else].

I don't think we're suggesting suicide with this inference. That's the point.

I understand that you and some others do not find suicide likely. I believe that the comment(s) mentioning there are bridges closer in proximity/easier water access allude to the fact that it would've been easier for her to choose one of those bridges/locations (if she was intent on self harm).

Moreover...I believe carbuff's comment regarding self harm (to be a very individual choice) is spot on. I've found in my years of research that it's indeed true that many do not want to commit suicide near their residence in hopes that their family will not find them (or perhaps other individualized reasons).

I think that self-harm is very likely in this case. May they find Anneliese soon so her family may have answers/closure and may she rest in peace.

I understand that you and some others do not find suicide likely. I believe that the comment(s) mentioning there are bridges closer in proximity/easier water access allude to the fact that it would've been easier for her to choose one of those bridges/locations (if she was intent on self harm).

Moreover...I believe carbuff's comment regarding self harm (to be a very individual choice) is spot on. I've found in my years of research that it's indeed true that many do not want to commit suicide near their residence in hopes that their family will not find them (or perhaps other individualized reasons).

I think that self-harm is very likely in this case. May they find Anneliese soon so her family may have answers/closure and may she rest in peace.

I agree with @carbuff 's descriptor for self-harm scenarios. I don't yet agree that this fits the entire criteria, given the circumstances..

-Extensive search of abandoned vehicle location reveals nothing.
-Her history provides proof of threatening to self-harm though no actual attempts.
-Lengthy history of family issues though she was reported to be recently in great health, with a great job, and having a splendid relationship with her daughter (spa appointment scheduled/ bday gifts found in car) e.t.c...
Without a body recovery, providing no proof of foul play, I'm not interested in the self-harm discussion.

I don't have an opinion on whether she might have chosen to end her life. I was just addressing the question of whether certain choices she might have made indicate more or less likelihood of that outcome, and pointing out there really aren't any generalities about how and when and where a person who wants to end it all chooses to do it.

You’re absolutely right.

I agree with @carbuff 's descriptor for self-harm scenarios. I don't yet agree that this fits the entire criteria, given the circumstances..

-Extensive search of abandoned vehicle location reveals nothing.
-Her history provides proof of threatening to self-harm though no actual attempts.
-Lengthy history of family issues though she was reported to be recently in great health, with a great job, and having a splendid relationship with her daughter (spa appointment scheduled/ bday gifts found in car) e.t.c...
Without a body recovery, providing no proof of foul play, I'm not interested in the self-harm discussion.
According to her family, she was in the best place mentally that she had been in years.

I don't have an opinion on whether she might have chosen to end her life. I was just addressing the question of whether certain choices she might have made indicate more or less likelihood of that outcome, and pointing out there really aren't any generalities about how and when and where a person who wants to end it all chooses to do it.
Anyone here that was on the Kelsey Berreth case?

Remember when Patrick and his family bashed Kelsey, saying she was unstable, an alcoholic, was in rehab before, was a drug addict, it wasn't the first time she went away, etc etc.

Remember it was Kelsey's Mom and brother who found Kelsey's blood in her condo in certain spots along with other suspicious things, to which LE completely missed during their first investigation of her condo?

Kelsey had allegedly made a comment of wanting to shoot herself, to which Patrick took away her gun, when they were arguing over finances.

Has Anneliese's car and home been checked for blood, DNA, prints, etc?

Who's feelings are we afraid to hurt by wanting this investigation to be more thorough?

There are other cases on here to which similar was said about a victim and sadly, they were a victim of foul play instead.

Take a look at Heidi Broussard case- so many people thought her boyfriend did it, for me, I didn't think so because things weren't adding up for him to do it- turns out, it was her best friend.

Why isn't Anneliese getting this same attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401