UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video where all three pedestrians (identified as Anthony plus the unknown man and unknown woman) are walking - they may also be looking for traffic as they are approaching a zebra crossing - to check if/when it will be safe to cross. The van driver might well be travelling a bit too fast (downhill), realises that pedestrians are a bit close to the crossing, slows down...just my thoughts.

that’s how it looks to me, the couple check for traffic as they get near to the zebra crossing and AK , who also wants to cross over , speeds up a bit so that he can cross over with them.

It’s still niggling me- he leaves the lamb, turns left at t junction, walks out of view for 20 minutes and reappears on the same side of the road. To get back to the lamb it is one junction (the more I think about it, the more I am convinced he didn’t miss the turn, it was a deliberate choice). He then at some point between the two sightings crosses the road as he is on the other side of the road. The most obvious explanation I can see is he went for cigs to the shop out in the housing estate, it was shut, he comes back and crosses over heading to Waitrose. Phone was off though, so he must have asked people for directions, or he knows Lewes better than we have all assumed.

Just for added perspective, The Lamb pub, Elephant and Castle pub - they look quite close on the map, but Lewes is extremely hilly. Downhill from the pubs = Waitrose, and the river is down that way too. If he did wander that way, it would be easy for him to get lost coming back, and all uphill, which could be tiring after a day of drinking.

I'm so sad to hear that the local police have called off their search. As another poster mentioned, perhaps when normality returns tomorrow and people head back to work after the holidays, an answer may be found.

Lewes present kind of closed the issue....yup....that is how it goes...sad.....still a lot of people are really caring...a lot of them are posting on the fiancé's Facebook page.

that’s how it looks to me, the couple check for traffic as they get near to the zebra crossing and AK , who also wants to cross over , speeds up a bit so that he can cross over with them.
I think in the original footage, the one which hasn't been brightened, it goes on a few seconds longer and you see the couple crossing but AK doesn't cross.

Screenshot_20200101_160253.jpg Screenshot_20200101_160332.jpg
Just for added perspective, The Lamb pub, Elephant and Castle pub - they look quite close on the map, but Lewes is extremely hilly. Downhill from the pubs = Waitrose, and the river is down that way too. If he did wander that way, it would be easy for him to get lost coming back, and all uphill, which could be tiring after a day of drinking.

I'm so sad to hear that the local police have called off their search. As another poster mentioned, perhaps when normality returns tomorrow and people head back to work after the holidays, an answer may be found.
The lamb and elephant are very close but lay of the land between them is only a few meters the lamb being at the higher point. They're only around 2-3 minutes apart on foot. See thumbnails elephant to lamb (circled) 90° left turn

Last edited:
In a direct message to Anthony she said: "If he is watching and you're worried and you're thinking, 'Oh I can't come home, this is too big now', honestly, you don't realise how many people want you back regardless of the situation you left in - if that is the case.

"So just come home, please just come home."

Anthony is now classed as a high risk missing person.

I don't know if any of this is new but I just think it sounds like he left not in a good mental state. JMO

Missing firefighter's devastated family say search has been called off

View attachment 223087 View attachment 223088
The lamb and elephant are very close but lay of the land between them is only a few meters the lamb being at the higher point. They're only around 2-3 minutes apart on foot. See thumbnails elephant to lamb (circled) 90° left turn

Yes - they are close. It has been the speculation about Anthony going to the shop (Waitrose - though I'm sure they'd have CCTV) and him going anywhere near the water (located down further and behind Waitrose) that made me mention the pubs' locations. If he had gone downhill, it was a long-ish way uphill that's easy to get lost to come back up to the pub.

I see that The Paddock/Baxters Field have still not been searched according to the map that locals have filled in. So close to the sighting by the zebra crossing.

I think in the original footage, the one which hasn't been brightened, it goes on a few seconds longer and you see the couple crossing but AK doesn't cross.
I know and he returns on the same side, but the barbers footage at 7.41 is further down that road, but he has crossed over away from the direction of the pubs and station. If he was navigating back to his mates at the lamb, once back in town it’s the first turning on the side of the road he was walking on, which to me isn’t a difficult thing to remember when finding my way back- turning left and right or crossing junctions perhaps.

I know and he returns on the same side, but the barbers footage at 7.41 is further down that road, but he has crossed over away from the direction of the pubs and station. If he was navigating back to his mates at the lamb, once back in town it’s the first turning on the side of the road he was walking on, which to me isn’t a difficult thing to remember when finding my way back- turning left and right or crossing junctions perhaps.
I agree. I think he intentionally went past Fisher Street and carried on to Market Street. I don't think he was heading for Waitrose though, or he'd have turned left at Market Street. imo.

Do you think it's because she says "you don't realise..." ?

What makes you think that...sorry I'm not following.....

Just the whole vibe from that message makes me think that. I think they might know why he went off but aren't saying it at the moment. It didn't sound to me like his partner thinks anyone else is involved in his disappearance.

I can understand why his friends have kept quiet, personally, I don't think the public knowing every personal detail will change the outcome of this case. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Just the whole vibe from that message makes me think that. I think they might know why he went off but aren't saying it at the moment. It didn't sound to me like his partner thinks anyone else is involved in his disappearance.

I can understand why his friends have kept quiet, personally, I don't think the public knowing every personal detail will change the outcome of this case. Anyway, just my thoughts.
Curious what you think, obviously in your opinion? Apart from the coke buying, which is possible, but IMO unlikely- there seems to be little in the way of possible theories at the moment to discuss. Police don’t seem to be appealing much either for help.

Can anyone remind me where the next bar that the group went to was? Were there any shops on route to this bar and was Anthony the only smoker in the group? TIA

I’m also wondering if the police have located those who he was on the phone to that day. Or would it be too soon to request call records? I think the police obviously know more than they have released but don’t want to hinder any possible investigation.

Can anyone remind me where the next bar that the group went to was? Were there any shops on route to this bar and was Anthony the only smoker in the group? TIA

I’m also wondering if the police have located those who he was on the phone to that day. Or would it be too soon to request call records? I think the police obviously know more than they have released but don’t want to hinder any possible investigation.
So they went Lansdowne arms (Between 4 and 5.00 approx, CCTV seen) , the royal oak (according to bar staff on Lewes present) the lamb ( left at 7.16, seen on CCTV, but not in public domain) and then elephant and castle.
Edited to add: initially it was claimed some had moved on to E&C already, which would sort of fit with an hour in a pub and move on mentality, it later stated none of them were in E&C until 8.00, and we know he didn’t seem to
Go in E &C unless there is a side entrance or beer garden as the footage was on the main door.

There is a rear entrance to E&C through the beer garden and back gate. Whilst we could have missed him crossing the zebra crossing around the rear of the other people, could we have missed him coming back over the zebra crossing? Did he go and look for his mates in the pub? Pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member