Found Safe MI - Rebecca Woffard, 34, out of state, caretaker, Clinton Township, 22 Dec 2019 *PTSD*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
80394261_2677591338956901_6246583105109360640_n.jpg

Clinton Township Police are requesting the public’s help in locating a missing person.

Rebecca Marie Woffard, 34 years old, 5’4” 120lbs, she currently has brown hair (picture shows blonde) and green eyes

Rebecca was last seen at a home at 16 Mile and Gratiot in Clinton Township. Rebecca is from out of state and has no family or friends in the area. Contact Det. Karl Simon at 586-493-7886 if you have any information on Rebecca or need additional information.

Clinton Township Police Department

Woffard is from out of state and has no friends or family in the area, according to police. But reports indicate she had been living in the home recently and working as a caretaker.

The Macomb Daily reported that Woffard suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Her husband told police that it isn't unusual for her to leave for a couple of days, but she always contacts him and this time he hasn't heard from her.

Missing Woman Last Seen Walking Away From Clinton Township Home

Does her husband live elsewhere? How far away?

The Macomb Daily reported that Woffard suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Her husband told police that it isn't unusual for her to leave for a couple of days, but she always contacts him and this time he hasn't heard from her.

Does her husband live elsewhere? How far away?
BBM. More info is in The Macomb Daily link you posted. She and her husband have both lived in the home for a year and a half where she was was taking care of the homeowner's mother. The homeowner saw Rebecca walk away from home on Sunday (Dec 22). The husband wasn't home over the weekend; he called the police when he returned home on Monday morning and found her missing. She's originally from Washington state.

Hmmm. Some questions...

I know the homeowner saw her leave but I am wondering if he/she lives in the home or is it just Rebecca, her husband, and the homeowner's mother?

Does the homeowner know what time she left and what was she wearing? For instance, did she have on a coat?

Clinton Township Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com
High: 51.08ºf @2:56 PM Low: 29.66ºf @7:56 AM

Are her purse, cell phone, wallet, etc. with her or were they left in the home?

Since she left on foot, does that mean that she doesn't have a vehicle? Her husband said it's not unusual for her to leave for a couple of days. If she has no friends or family in the area, where does she go and how does she get there? o_O

JAN 1, 2020
Husband of missing woman speaks out about her disappearance
[...]

CW says 34-year- old Rebecca Woffard has never disappeared in this way before.

“I just am in such desperate need to find my wife. I haven’t slept in about a week,” says CW.

[...]

They were hoping to put down some roots, but Rebecca was also dealing with health issues. ...

“She was told to walk to the hospital, about 20 minutes from our home here. She wasn’t feeling well and has PTSD,” says CW.

But she never made it to McClaren Hospital and left her phone, ID and other belongings behind.

“She left the house with just a jogger outfit on. She didn’t take anything with her. I’ve called all around. I have a detective looking for her as well. He’s helping me out tremendously,” says CW.

[...]

Police are checking into leads that she may have been spotted in Detroit, or Farmington Hills. If you have any information, please call police right away.

JAN 1, 2020
Husband of missing woman speaks out about her disappearance
[...]

CW says 34-year- old Rebecca Woffard has never disappeared in this way before.

“I just am in such desperate need to find my wife. I haven’t slept in about a week,” says CW.

[...]

They were hoping to put down some roots, but Rebecca was also dealing with health issues. ...

“She was told to walk to the hospital, about 20 minutes from our home here. She wasn’t feeling well and has PTSD,” says CW.

But she never made it to McClaren Hospital and left her phone, ID and other belongings behind.

“She left the house with just a jogger outfit on. She didn’t take anything with her. I’ve called all around. I have a detective looking for her as well. He’s helping me out tremendously,” says CW.

[...]

Police are checking into leads that she may have been spotted in Detroit, or Farmington Hills. If you have any information, please call police right away.

BBM:

This story is weird, starting with the fact that LE says RW has no friends in the area despite her and her husband having lived there for a year and a half.

Normally, a year and a half is long enough to form at least some friendships.

And the reporter really should have asked numerous f/u questions in this interview with the husband, including:
  • Who did RW inform that she wasn't feeling well that day?
  • Who is the homeowner and are they male or female?
  • What symptoms was she complaining of?
  • Who told her to walk to the hospital?
  • Why did that someone not offer to drive her to the hospital?
  • Why would RW head for the hospital without her phone or ID?
  • Did anyone report seeing her walking toward the hospital that day?
  • Where was husband that weekend?
There are plenty of possible scenarios here, but RW having gone voluntarily missing seems to be the likeliest, based on the very limited information we have to date.
Self-harm or misadventure are certainly possible here.

Having said that, it would be helpful to know more about what her mental state was when she left the house.

It would also be helpful to know more about the homeowner.

JMO.

Last edited:
This is literally in my subdivision (I do not know the woman, or which house she is missing from though).
We have a neighbor watch FB page, but there really hasn’t been much posted on her, other than that she is missing.
We are a safe, friendly and active sub, where there are people outside daily. We even have a couple of daily walkers who always stop to say hi. I feel that if she truly doesn’t have friends/associates in the area, that it is probably due to her preference.
If she were in trouble, or attempting to escape someone/something, there is a hospital less than a .5 mile, a police station .5 miles away and a fire station .25 miles away. That being said, a public transportation bus stop is at 16/Gratiot, and that will absolutely take you to some of the seediest parts of Detroit.

BBM:

This story is weird, starting with the fact that LE says RW has no friends in the area despite her and her husband having lived there for a year and a half.

Normally, a year and a half is long enough to form at least some friendships.

And the reporter really should have asked numerous f/u questions in this interview with the husband, including:
  • Who did RW inform that she wasn't feeling well that day?
  • Who is the homeowner and are they male or female?
  • What symptoms was she complaining of?
  • Who told her to walk to the hospital?
  • Why did that someone not offer to drive her to the hospital?
  • Why would RW head for the hospital without her phone or ID?
  • Did anyone report seeing her walking toward the hospital that day?
  • Where was husband that weekend?
There are plenty of possible scenarios here, but RW having gone voluntarily missing seems to be the likeliest, based on the very limited information we have to date.
Self-harm or misadventure are certainly possible here.

Having said that, it would be helpful to know more about what her mental state was when she left the house.

It would also be helpful to know more about the homeowner.

JMO.
Yep, you nailed it. I pray that LE has answers to all the questions the reporter failed to ask.

SW having no family there is understandable; she and her husband moved. I’m not getting caught up on the “no friends” just yet, either. She has PTSD, and who knows, maybe she’s an introvert, or maybe she has friends her husband doesn’t know about. It does seem odd, but I’m setting that aside for now.

I have very hard time understanding why someone would tell her to walk to a hospital. If it was her husband, well okay, he was out of town. But the homeowner supposedly watched her walk away. Was the homeowner preoccupied with his/her mother and couldn’t get away at the time? Did RW and the homeowner have some kind of falling out? For sure, I too, want to know more about the homeowner.

No ride, no phone, no ID. Boy, howdy... Oh, and no coat from the sounds of it and it was 30 degrees that morning. I still want to know what time she left.

If her husband was the one who told her to go to the hospital, I would expect that to sound more like “She wasn’t feeling well and I told her to go to the hospital” not “She was told to go to the hospital…” The latter sounds like he's repeating what was told to him. Also, the fact that he points out the length of the walk (20 min), that she wasn’t feeling well, and that she has PTSD indicates to me that he is sympathetic and may not understand himself, why someone didn’t give her a ride.

But, there are just too many unknowns here. Husband told her to walk, unknown person told her to walk, homeowner couldn’t leave his/her mother and told her to walk, or husband told her to walk after homeowner politely declined? Angrily refused? ???

Does the mother require 24/7 care? Was it SW’s day off (she’s in a jogging suit)? Or, did SW call the homeowner and say she needed him/her to come so she could go to the hospital?

I think my biggest question is if anyone else saw SW after the homeowner said she left the house. And, it looks to me like someone would have had to see her along the route to the hospital. According to Google, it is a 30-minute walk. Would she have accepted a ride from a stranger? خرائط ‪Google MOO‬‏‏

Last edited:
BBM. More info is in The Macomb Daily link you posted. She and her husband have both lived in the home for a year and a half where she was was taking care of the homeowner's mother. The homeowner saw Rebecca walk away from home on Sunday (Dec 22). The husband wasn't home over the weekend; he called the police when he returned home on Monday morning and found her missing. She's originally from Washington state.
Anyone know what area of Washington State?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back