Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo in Calif

Reaction score
BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

THREAD #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Media Contacts:
  • bdionne@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • mhightower@wbrc.com- WBRC FOX6 News
  • alancollins@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • michael.seale@patch.com - Patch User Profile for Michael Seale
  • cscarborough@hearst.com - WVTM 13
  • skillian@wvtm.com - WVTM 13
  • News@TrussvilleTribune.com
  • newstip@abc3340.com - ABC 3340

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  1. I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
  2. How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
  3. What time did they actually get to the bar?
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  1. -was she at work on 12/20 and who saw her there
  2. -who was she in contact with that day and night via text/cell
  3. -when was the last time her mother actually spoke to her on the phone
  4. -who can confirm she actually went to TR
  5. -was she seen on video at TR or any nearby business cameras
  6. -if she was there, did she eat or drink alcohol
  7. -did she text anyone else mentioning feeling in trouble
  8. -when and where did her phone ping that night
  9. -when did her phone go silent
  10. -is her car at the coworkers home as would be expected
  11. -has the car been processed
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
  13. -why hasn’t LE organized any searches for her
Proctorelites-
  1. Did anyone see Paighton at the bar or leaving the bar?
  2. Has Paighton ever used Uber or Lyft? Does she have an account with either?
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Anyone else have a question not covered above?

Media Contacts:

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
Proctorelites-
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

-Why hasn't anyone talked to the coworker/friend that reported PH missing to her Parents

-Why didn't the friend report PH missing on her own since she was with her and saw her leave and was the one that received the text message?? She could have shown that text directly to LE

-Have any of her friends stepped up to talk about her?

Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-
Hooman-
  1. On the morning after Paighton went missing did the friend/co-worker contact Paighton’s family or did some of her family members contact the friend/co-worker to inquire of Paighton’s whereabouts?
KCmetwo-
  1. -Why hasn't anyone talked to the coworker/friend that reported PH missing to her Parents
  2. -Why didn't the friend report PH missing on her own since she was with her and saw her leave and was the one that received the text message?? She could have shown that text directly to LE
  3. -Have any of her friends stepped up to talk about her?
Squareandrabbet-
  1. "what exactly did Sergeant Johnny Williams say about the video"? The site being quoted, doesn't have any quotes surrounding his speech; meaning the reporter summarized it. What if the reporter scrawled their notes down wrong?
ZsaZsa-
  1. The friend /co worker. Male or female?
Tinkerbella-
  1. Did this friend or coworker normally have contact with Paighton's mother. Or how did she/he know Mom's contact info?

Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-

I’d suggest contacting (simply bc they’re known to be responsive):
• Carol Robinson crobinson@al.com
• Fred Davenport fdavenport@hearst.com

Paighton’s parents send message to their missing daughter

Dec 24, 2019

Paighton Houston, 29, was last seen Friday night leaving Tin Roof, a bar on the Southside of Birmingham. She was there with friends from work, enjoying live music and spending time together.

[..]

Her husband, Douglas, added, "There are some people out there who knows something and either they're too scared to say or maybe just protecting somebody they know." [bbm]

ETA: I really think Paighton's dad is talking to someone -- he knows who he's targeting with this message.

MOO

Trussville, Ala. (WBRC)- Family members of Paighton Houston want to paint Trussville yellow to raise awareness of her disappearance.

Paighton's uncle George Harding is hoping to get these yellow ribbons all around town in an effort to find her.

He wants people from Trussville and the state to show solidarity to help bring missing loved ones home.

Paighton has been missing for over a week now. She was last seen leaving Tin Roof bar in Birmingham."

Yellow ribbons tied around Trussville as search for Paighton Houston continues

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual's (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...;
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

BAITING, TROLLING, INCITING CONFLICT

Trolling or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternative ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums.

A member who visits WS only to incite "conflict" will be designated a "troll", and find his/her account temporarily or permanently suspended. This includes but is not limited to outing members, bringing drama from other websites to Websleuths, trashing members in any way, hyper-focusing in the smallest details with the intent to annoy and create conflict, and any other reason Websleuths deems to be inciting conflict.

WS maintains zero tolerance for members who create posts intended to antagonize other members.

WS also reserves the right to require that a minimum number of posts, term of membership, or other criteria be met to allow posting on certain topics.

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

Inviting is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as Check your PMs or PM me posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

Etiquette & Information

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Welcome to WS @C.Cato :)

I truly hope we get to celebrate Paighton's safe homecoming together.

I think you'll soon find that WS stands apart from other forums because it's a facts-based site where second, third, and fourth hand knowledge is not allowed. We only post and discuss verified information from linked MSM sources and not social media rumors.

I'll add the Rules to the thread for quick reference and encourage you to reach out to a Moderator if you have any questions about what you can/can't post.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to WS @C.Cato :)

I truly hope we get to celebrate Paighton's safe homecoming together.

I think you'll soon find that WS stands apart from other forums because it's a facts-based site where second, third, and fourth hand knowledge is not allowed. We only post and discuss verified information from linked MSM sources and not social media rumors.

I'll add the Rules to the thread for quick reference and encourage you to reach out to a Moderator if you have any questions about what you can/can't post.

Cheers!

Thank you kindly. I did read over the do's and don'ts the night I joined but honestly it may as well have been in Greek. I was a bit wrapped up looking into PH case that I did not comprehend one single word I read that evening but I will reference back to rules.

Thank u again

A lot has been made of the fact that the two heavy set black men don't appear to have been caught on security footage. My thought on this is that, if the Tin Roof had a decent camera set up, we would have footage of PH entering and leaving the club. The fact that we don't, tells me that the doorway was not covered by cameras. If the entrance is not covered, what else isn't? I'm going to theorize that the Tin Roof has minimal camera coverage, possibly aimed in the direction of the cash register area at the bar, resulting in many dead spots throughout the club. Is there any footage of PH at the bar? Because it seems like if you are going to put pictures out to the media, a picture of what she looked like just before she went missing would be much more helpful. I fear PH wasn't caught on video either. Does that mean she wasn't there? Certainly not. Does that mean the black guys weren't there? Certainly not.

I find it difficult to believe that the friend or friends that were with her at the bar have not made a statement. This in itself puts up a red flag for me. The video is of no importance. If LE has found nothing relevant, then neither would we. The fact that no witnesses from the Tin Roof have come forward with any information about the alleged persons, PH left with, tells a lot. People in general, like attention. At least a portion of them. This to me, just says there is nothing to tell. I'm not betting on a cover story for PH, as by now the friend or friends would have fallen to pressure to tell LE, at the very least to avoid being charged with giving false statement to the authorities. The text is also suspect. I would want to know, if the friend that received the text is who she would have normally contacted if she were in trouble? Staying out of bars is not one of the 12 steps, but if I were your sponsor, I would have tried to talk you out of it. I'm not suggesting that this has anything to do with drugs, but a someone who has dealt with a family member with an addiction, I will say, it's our go to when looking for an explanation for any mysterious event. For an addict, every thing is a coincidence. For those of us who love them, there are no coincidences. I hope some new information comes to light soon.

Let me just make a quick observation. I have looked at many images from inside the Tin Roof, and I'll just say this; two heavy set black men would have stood out like a sore thumb in that predominantly 'white bread' crowd. Even if they weren't on security camera, many people that were there will undoubtedly be able to confirm these two guys were there.

963b1d40f37247a784d7a58ab3ec57f7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member