Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a long time sleuth I've learned that sometimes you need to read between the lines, and that sometimes it is what the police aren't saying that is important. The story was that PH left with two large black men. They say that security footage does not show these men. Would not the next logical step be to ask patrons to send any photos or videos that they may have taken that evening? Many people were celebrating Christmas and it would be hard to imagine that there are not at least a bunch of images out there. But they haven't. It is quite possible that the Tin Roof had a camera pointed right at the front door and that they never saw PH enter or exit, let alone two black guys. Perhaps LE has moved on, already aware that the Tin Roof story is BS? Could this be why LE has said nothing, or why no searches have been organized?

And about the two black guys, after looking at literally dozens of images taken at Tin Roof and seeing no black guys, I find it very suspicious that PH hooks up and leaves with the only two black guys ever to enter the establishment. This is the south, and its no secret that making false accusations against "some random black guy" usually goes over pretty easily in communities where racism is rampant.
So if the "black guys" story is bogus, what happened? What we know is that there is a "group" of co-workers involved here, although we have no cue as to whether it was a large or small gathering. I would suggest that it is a small group as none of them has cracked. In a larger group, someone would undoubtedly see the ultimate stupidity of trying to pull this off. So did any of them go to the bar? Perhaps PH and one or two people decide to carry on partying at the friend's house rather than going to the bar. Perhaps they return home at midnight to find PH dead. Perhaps they dispose of her body and then set about covering it up, sending that text message to the friends phone. Pretty simple story, "we all went to the bar, PH did her own thing and she left with the black guys without saying anything".
Whatever happened, rest assured that this will be over soon IMO.
BBM
I appreciate your thoughts on this. They are solid and realistic. I'd like to piggy-back off of your thoughts.
This might sound like an overused story-line, but....
I really wonder if PH was partying with her co-workers and something happened to PH, accidentally. PH OD'd, a drunken fall, a random cardiac episode and they all freaked. Afraid of being held responsible, or getting busted for having drugs...they created a story.
Possibly there was no intent to hurt PH but it was a party that went terribly wrong.

I don't understand. A person would tell a false tale so others could look into their mind?

I was trying to stay away from the racial component but a post shortly after this one jumped right in with both feet.

If someone was trying to concoct a story to cover up something they did or misdirect the investigation, saying she left with "two large black men" would be one way to do it. If this turns out to be the case, we may find out if the person was trying to be deceitful or racist or both -- thus my comment about looking into that person's mind.

When I first read the story this part jumped right out at me before I even knew of the demographics of the bar/band.

As a long time sleuth I've learned that sometimes you need to read between the lines, and that sometimes it is what the police aren't saying that is important. The story was that PH left with two large black men. They say that security footage does not show these men. Would not the next logical step be to ask patrons to send any photos or videos that they may have taken that evening? Many people were celebrating Christmas and it would be hard to imagine that there are not at least a bunch of images out there. But they haven't. It is quite possible that the Tin Roof had a camera pointed right at the front door and that they never saw PH enter or exit, let alone two black guys. Perhaps LE has moved on, already aware that the Tin Roof story is BS? Could this be why LE has said nothing, or why no searches have been organized?

And about the two black guys, after looking at literally dozens of images taken at Tin Roof and seeing no black guys, I find it very suspicious that PH hooks up and leaves with the only two black guys ever to enter the establishment. This is the south, and its no secret that making false accusations against "some random black guy" usually goes over pretty easily in communities where racism is rampant.

So if the "black guys" story is bogus, what happened? What we know is that there is a "group" of co-workers involved here, although we have no cue as to whether it was a large or small gathering. I would suggest that it is a small group as none of them has cracked. In a larger group, someone would undoubtedly see the ultimate stupidity of trying to pull this off. So did any of them go to the bar? Perhaps PH and one or two people decide to carry on partying at the friend's house rather than going to the bar. Perhaps they return home at midnight to find PH dead. Perhaps they dispose of her body and then set about covering it up, sending that text message to the friends phone. Pretty simple story, "we all went to the bar, PH did her own thing and she left with the black guys without saying anything".

Whatever happened, rest assured that this will be over soon IMO.

Great post. I agree with you, this all goes back to the small group of coworkers and the time after they left work. I tend to think that something happened in the small group at the girl's condo, b/c that would explain PH's debit card being present at Tin Roof, but not her. I believe that was the start of the coverup, and they were winging it as they went along. But if it was an OD situation early in the evening, why not just call 911? Maybe everyone present was high and had very clouded judgement.....but how could they have hidden a body with no forensic evidence left behind? I don't think this is a sophisticated crew of people......and if this is the case, we will see an arrest in the next day or so.

Can you share the band’s website?
www.facebook.com/outshine.al/ I wonder if LE has been in touch with the band. They seem to have a pretty decent local fan base. It could be helpful if they could post on their website about Paighton and ask for their fans to check their photos and videos. That's assuming she was actually at that show. Unfortunately, it seems most of their recent photos were of their New Years Eve show, and not the 12/20 show at Tin Roof.

I finally got it! However, I did come across an article Knox posted on the first thread that stated LE had surveillance and it showed Paighton leaving with 2 heavy set men. I think we now know this is not correct and I am assuming media took liberties with their interpretation of some statement LE made.

AL - AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019
I remember that article and found the verbiage “interesting” then, as I do now. The article says, in part...Immediately following comments from PHs dad, regarding what detectives told him...

Police say Houston did not leave the bar alone and that surveillance video appears to show her leaving with two heavy set men. Authorities say that it appears she left willingly.

Then, the article states what Information they / news station, received from LE, IMO.

A BPD representative said the footage is currently being reviewed by investigators.”

All just IMHO...I interpreted that as if LE Had not completed the review of video footage; thus could not confirm that she was seen in video leaving.

I remember thinking that I was over analyzing the verbiage when that article was first released, but now, I’m not so sure?!

link to article: Police still searching for missing woman from Trussville

ETA: Bold, underline, italics by me.

I remember that article and found the verbiage “interesting” then, as I do now. The article says, in part...Immediately following comments from PHs dad, regarding what detectives told him...

Police say Houston did not leave the bar alone and that surveillance video appears to show her leaving with two heavy set men. Authorities say that it appears she left willingly.

Then, the article states what Information they / news station, received from LE, IMO.

A BPD representative said the footage is currently being reviewed by investigators.”

All just IMHO...I interpreted that as if LE Had not completed the review of video footage; thus could not confirm that she was seen in video leaving.

I remember thinking that I was over analyzing the verbiage when that article was first released, but now, I’m not so sure?!

link to article: Police still searching for missing woman from Trussville

ETA: Bold, underline, italics by me.

Yes, I remember also thinking it was very strange that "footage is currently being reviewed by investigators"! I have a camera system at my home and it should theoretically take 3 hours to watch 3 hours of video, less if you have multiple officers working on it. No reasonable explanation why this surveillance review was taking days! Even if there were multiple cameras, the first one LE would view would be the entrance/exit from 9PM to 12PM ish........

I think that the BPD are dancing around this. On purpose.
I think their silence will prove to be golden in the end JUST as it was in the cases of Aniah Blanchard and Savannah Spurlock.
Think about it:
-Nothing is adding up
-They cannot locate any evidence of the 'two large black men' to prove this and have now admitted this.
-Do you really think they just happened to find her debit card on the floor at the bar? sure it happens...but what are the chances it happened the very night this girl went missing? esp when nobody in the bar can honestly say they saw her. (even with a dispute supposedly having had taken place)
-There have been no pressers, little to no updates and no organized searches that we know of
-The family has now spoken out with their end (I will not quote since it is not MSM, BUT most of us have read this directly from the source) and proven the loopholes widely exist
- With the spotlight on Birmingham in the past few months, I seriously doubt that they are just 'not giving this the attention it deserves'
-I do not think this will end well. In fact, I think it ended the night (or day) she went missing. I sadly do not believe she is with us any longer.
-Initially I thought it was a binge gone wrong, now I think it is foul play amongst the very circle she was with. And I speculate LE does too.

I'm praying for this family and PH. I hope I am very wrong.

I was trying to stay away from the racial component but a post shortly after this one jumped right in with both feet.

If someone was trying to concoct a story to cover up something they did or misdirect the investigation, saying she left with "two large black men" would be one way to do it. If this turns out to be the case, we may find out if the person was trying to be deceitful or racist or both -- thus my comment about looking into that person's mind.

When I first read the story this part jumped right out at me before I even knew of the demographics of the bar/band.
So she wouldn't concoct a story so others could see into her mind.

Yes, I remember also thinking it was very strange that "footage is currently being reviewed by investigators"! I have a camera system at my home and it should theoretically take 3 hours to watch 3 hours of video, less if you have multiple officers working on it. No reasonable explanation why this surveillance review was taking days! Even if there were multiple cameras, the first one LE would view would be the entrance/exit from 9PM to 12PM ish........

I think there was a LOT of staging here. I would not be surprised if they are reviewing this SO closely, becuase someone was dressed to appear to be her, used her phone to text AND dropped that card on the floor. Too much weirdness. My 'hinky meter' is going off like a firetruck siren. o_O

Could it be that the quality of the camera was so poor that it took multiple viewings? I'm also guessing interviews were taking place And additional investigating that LE has kept quiet. Could it be possible that LE released the statement of the men not being on surveillance specifically to put pressure on who knows more (and LE Already may assume who this is)? Therefore, Perhaps the tapes were reviewed quickly but the additional interviews, etc took time before determining LEs next move? MOO

I think their silence will prove to be golden in the end JUST as it was in the cases of Aniah Blanchard and Savannah Spurlock.
Think about it:
-Nothing is adding up
-They cannot locate any evidence of the 'two large black men' to prove this and have now admitted this.
-Do you really think they just happened to find her debit card on the floor at the bar? sure it happens...but what are the chances it happened the very night this girl went missing? esp when nobody in the bar can honestly say they saw her. (even with a dispute supposedly having had taken place)
-There have been no pressers, little to no updates and no organized searches that we know of
-The family has now spoken out with their end (I will not quote since it is not MSM, BUT most of us have read this directly from the source) and proven the loopholes widely exist
- With the spotlight on Birmingham in the past few months, I seriously doubt that they are just 'not giving this the attention it deserves'
-I do not think this will end well. In fact, I think it ended the night (or day) she went missing. I sadly do not believe she is with us any longer.
-Initially I thought it was a binge gone wrong, now I think it is foul play amongst the very circle she was with. And I speculate LE does too.

I have to agree with much of this; if someone were lying about PH having been at the Tin Roof as part of a cover story when she never was, they would embellish with something like "she dropped her debit card" to make one believe she had to have been there (that was never verified however) or "there was an argument" (ditto). Silence from LE would be prudent if they are interviewing several people who claim to have been there that evening, in isolation from each other, to see where stories will differ. If the entire Tin Roof sequence is a cover story, different people will offer accounts differing in the particulars. If all the details of the story had made it intact to MSM, lying witnesses would have the chance to simply parrot what is in the press, a situation LE immensely needs to prevent.

Last edited:
Long but relevant post...moo...

When I was in college I studied abroad and traveled around on my own after the semester ended. My toxic boyfriend’s best friend last saw me with a Middle Eastern Muslim man. When I didn’t board the plane to return to the States with the rest of the students, he initiated a wild rumor spread throughout our college that I had been abducted and killed by this innocent individual. My parents got wind of this and were horrified; they believed I had fallen victim to foul play during my travels. This led to them pressuring LE to do whatever necessary to locate me. I was cluelessly relaxing in a foreign country when the hotel concierge handed me the phone with my poor Mama crying on the other end. (I broke up with the boyfriend as soon as I landed back on American soil).

I tell this story to make 2 points.

1. Making assumptions and stereotyping can easily spread fears and gossip which creates confusion. (I.e. a friend saying PH left with 2 large strange African American men when perhaps this was just a distraction from who was actually responsible for her disappearance). In my case, the rumor went back to my emotionally abusive boyfriend who was being spiteful and was afraid I was about to break up with him and was trying to maintain control over me. Perhaps PH’s associates created a stereotypical scapegoat to take the attention off of themselves. It makes me wonder if they are lying and what their motives would be to do so if they are. The more time passes since PH was last seen, the more my fear for her grows. I am also wondering if she was dating anyone at the time of her disappearance.

2. LE broke a lot of their rules to help my parents track me down; they said this was because they were parents themselves and would have wanted someone to have done the same for them. So, in my experience, sometimes human concern can lead LE to break their own rules to find out where a missing young adult female is even when there is no evidence to support foul play. So, I am guessing they have probably already accessed anything they could to try to find PH. What they know and do not know at the point is still uncertain. Moo...

Why do they keep saying this:
"We know she texted out for help. This is not like her."
Ive seen this several times, from her mother and her brother. Her brother followed up with the statement that she can take care of herself?
Well, I get that. BUT, if she was in trouble, why do they keep saying she wouldnt do this? makes no sense to me...thoughts?
Was she stubborn, refused help all time? cant wrap my head around this quote.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The fact that she was reaching out for help and saying she was in trouble was a big red flag," Evan Houston added, saying his sister was capable of taking care of herself.

I finally got it! However, I did come across an article Knox posted on the first thread that stated LE had surveillance and it showed Paighton leaving with 2 heavy set men. I think we now know this is not correct and I am assuming media took liberties with their interpretation of some statement LE made.

AL - AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019
Was an instant red flag for me. And instantly ticked me off.

If Im wrong Im wrong. jmo

Think about it:
-Nothing is adding up

Sounds like you are very right to me !

Ive seen this several times, from her mother and her brother. Her brother followed up with the statement that she can take care of herself?
Well, I get that. BUT, if she was in trouble, why do they keep saying she wouldnt do this? makes no sense to me...thoughts?

"The fact that she was reaching out for help and saying she was in trouble was a big red flag," Evan Houston added, saying his sister was capable of taking care of herself.
I think what they are saying is She wouldn't unless she was in a lot of trouble! its just worded weird

I got this from those statements:

She was an independent person, and wouldn’t reach out for help unless she had to. The fact that she did, is very concerning, because it must have meant she was in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member