Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, I have not read or heard anything from the MSM as far as any type of search team (volunteers, PD, friends, family, ect.) continuing to search for her. Any MSM link of this?

Could it be that the quality of the camera was so poor that it took multiple viewings? I'm also guessing interviews were taking place And additional investigating that LE has kept quiet. Could it be possible that LE released the statement of the men not being on surveillance specifically to put pressure on who knows more (and LE Already may assume who this is)? Therefore, Perhaps the tapes were reviewed quickly but the additional interviews, etc took time before determining LEs next move? MOO

I think that very well could be the case. I saw a statement from a cousin that said "such much time has passed, we just wish someone would come forward" so I believe the family knows what the outcome will be, just not the specifics at this time. I believe the end result will be be even more devastating than what we are hearing and seeing now........unfortunately.

Why do they keep saying this:
"We know she texted out for help. This is not like her."
Ive seen this several times, from her mother and her brother. Her brother followed up with the statement that she can take care of herself?
Well, I get that. BUT, if she was in trouble, why do they keep saying she wouldnt do this? makes no sense to me...thoughts?
Was she stubborn, refused help all time? cant wrap my head around this quote.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The fact that she was reaching out for help and saying she was in trouble was a big red flag," Evan Houston added, saying his sister was capable of taking care of herself.

On day 3 of their daughter/sister missing, I can understand where they would make a statement of disbelief (not like her to leave with two strangers) and also feel uncertain about PH sending a warning text that she may need help.

I also didn't read this as a stubborn refusal to request help but more like their belief that PH would never put herself in a position of not knowing who she was with and trouble forthcoming. MOO

I got this from those statements:

She was an independent person, and wouldn’t reach out for help unless she had to. The fact that she did, is very concerning, because it must have meant she was in big trouble.
Family knows Paighton best, if they are concerned, that all I need to know. I trust their judgment. BUT, we don't know 100 % that it was Paighton who sent the text. So it's a moot point to make.

How many cases do we see the perp send text messages from the victims phones? Innumerable...

for some reason I fully believe IMO IMO that the person saying she left with 2 men saw some of the comments made on Savannah's articles how people seemed to think it "was her own fault" (not my words ) and this was said to cause that kind of confusion and maybe the thought was if it was her own fault , they wont look into it that hard (which we know is not the case, although it does seem to happen if they are in the sex trade) JMO

Family knows Paighton best, if they are concerned, that all I need to know. I trust their judgment. BUT, we don't know 100 % that it was Paighton who sent the text. So it's a moot point to make.

How many cases do we see the perp send text messages from the victims phones? Innumerable...
This is how I look at it. If she was at the bar, and the friend’s story about those two men is true, then Paighton sent that text. There’s no reason for two people with nefarious intentions to draw suspicion, and point the finger directly at themselves.

But if that story is not true, then it’s entirely possible, if not likely, that she did not send that text. It would be a clear attempt at misdirection.

I’m going with the latter.

Why do they keep saying this:
"We know she texted out for help. This is not like her."
Ive seen this several times, from her mother and her brother. Her brother followed up with the statement that she can take care of herself?
Well, I get that. BUT, if she was in trouble, why do they keep saying she wouldnt do this? makes no sense to me...thoughts?
Was she stubborn, refused help all time? cant wrap my head around this quote.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The fact that she was reaching out for help and saying she was in trouble was a big red flag," Evan Houston added, saying his sister was capable of taking care of herself.
To me that just means that she doesn't cry and act helpless over the daily frustrations of life. So if she does ask for help they know it has to be serious.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

You can only reference what is on the victim's personal social media pages, or the pages belonging to a POI or suspect named by LE. There are a few reputable missing persons groups allowed too. @Tricia posted the list of these toward the end of thread 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Facebook is far too unreliable a source for WS, where every attempt is made to stay with facts. A faux Facebook page is too easy to create and many dementos out there will post one just to see how long they can fool people. When Mollie Tibbetts was missing, some sick person created a page using her name and pictures gleaned from the Internet and claimed to be her and said she "just wanted to be left alone." It's an easy racket. On WS, MSM is (for the most part) the only source considered reliable, altho' we have seen even THAT is questionable at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how I look at it. If she was at the bar, and the friend’s story about those two men is true, then Paighton sent that text. There’s no reason for two people with nefarious intentions to draw suspicion, and point the finger directly at themselves.

But if that story is not true, then it’s entirely possible, if not likely, that she did not send that text. It would be a clear attempt at misdirection.

I’m going with the latter.
Based on what we know right this minute, I agree with you.

Hypothetically speaking, if a friend were to receive an unanticipated phone call from a family member. A story/explanation would have to be made up on the fly. Said story/explanation may have later been questioned, now the details offered start changing because they weren't well thought out.

Hmm so far I have yet to follow a case here on WS where an adult female intentionally went MIA. Hoping this case would be a first for me.
There was one last year (maybe 2018), Janet Egan in California. She went missing, on her own, for quite a long time and located alive and we'll something like 6 months later.

Last edited:
I don't understand. A person would tell a false tale so others could look into their mind?
I think the original poster was speaking to the elephant in the room...the coworker told a false tale, and chose a description that didn't match the bar demographic because in their mind, black men commit crimes like this. (Please note *I* am not saying that is MY belief, but what the original poster is saying could show the character/mindset of the coworker)

Last edited:
Did anyone here follow the Lucas Hernandez case in Kansas? Different scenario because he was a young child who was missing, but I seem to recall all of us repeatedly saying, "why aren't the police saying anything," "why aren't they making search parties," etc, etc, only to learn later the police knew immediately the story didn't add up, and the child hadn't wandered away from the house.

The LE action here feels similar.

As a long time sleuth I've learned that sometimes you need to read between the lines, and that sometimes it is what the police aren't saying that is important. The story was that PH left with two large black men. They say that security footage does not show these men. Would not the next logical step be to ask patrons to send any photos or videos that they may have taken that evening? Many people were celebrating Christmas and it would be hard to imagine that there are not at least a bunch of images out there. But they haven't. It is quite possible that the Tin Roof had a camera pointed right at the front door and that they never saw PH enter or exit, let alone two black guys. Perhaps LE has moved on, already aware that the Tin Roof story is BS? Could this be why LE has said nothing, or why no searches have been organized?

And about the two black guys, after looking at literally dozens of images taken at Tin Roof and seeing no black guys, I find it very suspicious that PH hooks up and leaves with the only two black guys ever to enter the establishment. This is the south, and its no secret that making false accusations against "some random black guy" usually goes over pretty easily in communities where racism is rampant.

So if the "black guys" story is bogus, what happened? What we know is that there is a "group" of co-workers involved here, although we have no cue as to whether it was a large or small gathering. I would suggest that it is a small group as none of them has cracked. In a larger group, someone would undoubtedly see the ultimate stupidity of trying to pull this off. So did any of them go to the bar? Perhaps PH and one or two people decide to carry on partying at the friend's house rather than going to the bar. Perhaps they return home at midnight to find PH dead. Perhaps they dispose of her body and then set about covering it up, sending that text message to the friends phone. Pretty simple story, "we all went to the bar, PH did her own thing and she left with the black guys without saying anything".

Whatever happened, rest assured that this will be over soon IMO.

Why should it soon be over? Do you expect a confession? Some missing persons cases go on forever...

"The family of Houston has received donations of yellow ribbons and they are now asking for volunteers to come forward and help distribute the ribbons around the city of Trussville and surrounding areas. The family will be meeting volunteers at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020. The family is also accepting donations of yellow ribbons and other supplies."

Family of missing woman, Paighton Houston, to meet with volunteers Saturday

Seasoned sleuthers...
What determines whether LE will do a ground search in an adult missing persons investigation? I know that is might vary from county to county.
But is it triggered by an escalated status change (missing vs. in danger), available resources, etc...?
Assuming they have not done a ground search for PH, I'm wondering why that might be the case. Thanks!

There was one last year (maybe 2018), Janet Egan in California. She went missing, on her own, for quite a long time and located alive and we'll something like 6 months later.
There's another California woman who I can't name that I suspect was missing on her own but showed back up in time for the holidays. Of course this is moo

Yeah, I too have been wondering for quite some time if this were a party of two; and where/whom the other co-workers were, if so; even if merely to ask them about their individual state of affairs that night.

It's also a little curious in retrospect that her place of employment/coworker would post something calling out her absence. Once you look past the "Wow, Paighton must be a great girl, in order for her office environment to seem as if it has a hole in it without her there!" flash of wonderment, considering that the last people she was purportedly seen with, were workplace acquaintances... it's a little chilling in retrospect, especially with no other seeming leads.

Also, I think LE has been very careful to phrase things as if it were possible that HSBM #1 and #2 met PH on the threshold of the Tin Roof, or just beyond the scope of the cameras, because they just don't know for certain and don't want to be more confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86