IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

This point #3 is so very true, and nothing I have considered yet.

Whether or not a person can successfully 'rescue' a loved one, it is very usual for them to try. Which is why people get burned entering fire-engulfed buildings trying to save a loved one, and people drown trying to save their loved ones who have fallen into rough waters.

Maybe he did watch the poor little mite fall all the way down, and saw exactly how she ended up. Knew that it was all over for this sweet little girl. :(

IMO, just not possible with him behind a railing designed to prevent just that kind of thing. There was indeed a balance issue going on there, with the railing being what they were balancing on.

I wonder where the families stayed the night before the tragedy? Seems like an unimportant question, but I have my reasons for asking.
Now you have me curious. :) ;)
I was also wondering who paid for their cruise ?
Does the mother not want to point any fingers at S.A. if he's the one who paid for this trip ?
Hence her excuses and loving support for the man who killed her child. :rolleyes:

In the CBS interview SA says that he saw her fall.

"I remember trying to find her on the floor and then I saw her fall, I saw her fall, I saw her fall and I was just in disbelief."
bbm

Well golly gee... a baby is held or dangled and then dropped 11 stories down, to fall on the concrete that he knew was there.. and he is in 'disbelief' ??
How stupid does he think everyone else is ?
At least it fits with his past of disregarding the rules.
Smdh.

Last edited:

"I remember trying to find her on the floor and then I saw her fall, I saw her fall, I saw her fall and I was just in disbelief."
Does that even make sense? How could he look for her on the floor and then see her fall? She would have already been on the ground by then. He is a lying liar who lies, IMHO.

[#1. Santarrosa says when Chloe starts walking towards the windows from the pool area, SA stops her for some reason and that’s when he squats down by the pillar. While he’s squatting, SA turns his head to the window and looks at a man who is already at the window. He’s basically saying that SA was waiting for his turn to get to the window. He stopped Chloe just as the other man is seen walking to the window. And right after that man leaves is when SA gets up and goes to the window.

[/QUOTE]
I have wondered about the guy looking out that same window prior to SA.

He is clearly enjoying the breeze and or view out that window. I never made the connection between SA pausing near that pillar. I just figured Chloe stopped there for some reason, to point at something or whatever, and SA stooped down to talk to her.

I have thought the guy at the window first, might be a possible witness as to if he could tell, from breeze or anything else if the window was open.

I don't think they'd be able to prove SA was actually waiting his turn at the open window but now that you mention it, maybe he was. Although he could have just opened a window himself.

Last edited:
Red lipstick is never inappropriate.
imoo of course.
[#1. Santarrosa says when Chloe starts walking towards the windows from the pool area, SA stops her for some reason and that’s when he squats down by the pillar. While he’s squatting, SA turns his head to the window and looks at a man who is already at the window. He’s basically saying that SA was waiting for his turn to get to the window. He stopped Chloe just as the other man is seen walking to the window. And right after that man leaves is when SA gets up and goes to the window.

I have wondered about the guy looking out that same window prior to SA.

He is clearly enjoying the breeze and or view out that window. I never made the connection between SA pausing near that pillar. I just figured Chloe stopped there for some reason, to point at something or whatever, and SA stooped down to talk to her.

I have thought the guy at the window first, might be a possible witness as to if he could tell, from breeze or anything else if the window was open.

I don't think they'd be able to prove SA was actually waiting his turn at the open window but now that you mention it, maybe he was. Although he could have just opened a window if he wanted to. hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Right. So did he really not know that there were other windows that could open? I know many viewers of the video say that it looks like there is another open window in the same row, but he passes right by that one, too.

I wondered if the real mission was to get a drink at Squeeze. I'm sure they had something suitable for Chloe, even just water, and not just alcohol drinks. If she really had been in the pool area for an hour, she might have been ready for one.

Don't know if you've ever heard the expression that "depression is anger turned inward".

I really believe she is fighting depression here. One of the best ways to fight depression is to get mad. You really can't be actively depressed and angry at the same time.

Her hair to me looked like it had gone without color since July, so was darker at the top. It just looked fashionable because that "ombre" coloring has been the thing for the past few years.

As I said before, the red denotes a desire to be dominate, as well as being the color of anger.

Not to mention it was the holiday season, red being the color of the season.

Christmas and Chloe's birthday. Seems they filed the suit to fall at the same time. A gift for RCCL and a gift for Chloe?
Excellent post. There's a blog, "Hyperbole and a Half" where a woman creates humorous cartoons to depict her battle with depression, and her best work perfectly illustrates exactly this fine point your making.

Love her, blog and this post.

I don’t recall him looking down at the floor, maybe it just wasn’t clear in the video? Was anyone else able to see this? TIA

The thing that stuck out to me from the beginning was IF indeed CW was SA's "best friend" and was his little darling and all of that, they WHY IN GOD'S NAME would he take such a chance with her life and safety if it was just a stupid accident? Answer: he wouldn't. She didn't mean jack to him. What a complete *** he is, and whoever else may be involved in this nasty plot.

I really don't think she didn't mean "jack" to him. Or her family. I don't think there was a "plot" to kill her.

I think he's an over confident, flawed human being who made a major error in judgement.

And he's lying to protect what little he has left.

Does that even make sense? How could he look for her on the floor and then see her fall? She would have already been on the ground by then. He is a lying liar who lies, IMHO.
I can’t help but think of the movie Elf, when he says to the fake Santa,
“ you sit on a throne of lies”. Obviously it’s absolutely so NOT funny in this case... but also unfortunately so, so true. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire