TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I saw this on a forum, there's a strong likehood that WCJD is Pem Michelle Briggs, went missing around 1977 from Portland and was 15 at the time, i'm unsure if this tip was forwarded to LE to make a positive match, thought, i'm sure it was submitted.
BBM.

CarlK submitted the tip way back in 2017, but apparently their dentals were different. Discussion about Pem as WCJD begins on page 123 in the first WS thread.

Pem's WS thread:
OR - OR - Pem Michelle Yates-Briggs, 15, Portland, 1977

I saw on the Facebook page today about a Canadian teen missing since 1979 could be a potential match. She does look a bit like wcjd.

This could end up like the situation with Jean Vincent. His dentals didn’t match, but his DNA did. I hope this is the identity of JD.

I saw that Pem had been ruled out as WCJD on dentals, but I hadn't heard that about Jean Vincent. Which case is he matched and not matched to?

What do they do in a case like that? Dentals are hard to argue with, but so is DNA.

I saw that Pem had been ruled out as WCJD on dentals, but I hadn't heard that about Jean Vincent. Which case is he matched and not matched to?

What do they do in a case like that? Dentals are hard to argue with, but so is DNA.

Vincent was originally ruled out as a JD in Oklahoma due to dentals that didn’t match, but a reddit user suggested the match again and it matched.

Thanks, Mrs. Badcrumble! It appears that I did in fact know this at the time :p Oh the joys of an aging brain.

Clearly there's precedent for revisiting a prior exclusion. And I'm not sure Pem should have been excluded here--the earlier posts say WCJD had straight teeth and Pem didn't, but Pem had up to three years to get her teeth straightened. Circumstances would say that wasn't likely, but dental exclusions don't usually take that into account.

It’s 2020..

It’ll be 40 years since her death in 11 months today..

This may be the most insane idea, but what if we looked through Texas birth records? It could definitely give us ideas of who the girl could be.

This may be the most insane idea, but what if we looked through Texas birth records? It could definitely give us ideas of who the girl could be.
Maybe we could suggest this to TX PD

Janice Hackh aged 16, missing from Canada since August 24th 1979

So hard to tell. In this photo Janice seems to have the same very long eyebrows that extend quite far beyond the outer edges of her eyes. She also still has that rounded, chubby cheeked face shape. @sonz82 was it the photo, or is there other information that lead you to think about Janice as a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member