Who's working on what?

Hi, I would be interested in helping you guys out. However, I am not sure where to start.
Will I just search on the various sites like Doe Network, NamUS etc. and post whoever I think is a match here?
Just asking, because I don't want to step on anyones toes...

Hi, and welcome!

There are three main tasks that need to be done:

1. check doe, namus, charley project for missing people who have been added since last fall, and if you find anybody, create a new thread for them and provide their links. There's a thread (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?296793-The-List-*NO-DISCUSSION*) that lists all the names we have looked at already.

2. check other, smaller sites for people we might have overlooked--state missing people sites, for instance, but anything else you can think of. Again, create a new thread for the new people.

3. Look at the names in this forum (there's a thread for each one), check their links, and see if there have been updates, especially to identifiers. You could also check their circumstances to see whether any of them have a pattern that matches the isotope analysis of our victim (there's an isotope info thread with that information).

You can post in this thread when you have significant updates.

ArtsyOwl reminds me I haven't updated what I'm working on recently.

I am trying to locate archives for newspapers that covered this area in the late 1980's up to 1992, and reading through them. I'm looking for things like crime reports that might be associated with the missing car, hikers and others who were mentioned as missing but not followed up on, and anything else I can find.

So far, nothing interesting, but I haven't had much time to work at it.

Hi, and welcome!

1. check doe, namus, charley project for missing people who have been added since last fall, and if you find anybody, create a new thread for them and provide their links. There's a thread (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?296793-The-List-*NO-DISCUSSION*) that lists all the names we have looked at already.

2. check other, smaller sites for people we might have overlooked--state missing people sites, for instance, but anything else you can think of. Again, create a new thread for the new people.

3. Look at the names in this forum (there's a thread for each one), check their links, and see if there have been updates, especially to identifiers. You could also check their circumstances to see whether any of them have a pattern that matches the isotope analysis of our victim (there's an isotope info thread with that information).

I am so sorry for the late reply, lot of stuff happened in my personal life.
Thanks so much for the explanation on how to help Carbuff, I will be searching on those websites that you mentioned over the next few days.

Greetings WebSleuthers,

Sorry for the delay in updates on our end in this investigation. We are currently getting work done on our John Doe to provide a better facial reconstruction, I am not satisfied with the clay image we have of him. Also, we are working with NamUs on a Facebook campaign in order to see if we can get more leads on our John Doe and his killer. Thanks again for your tireless work on this and know that, as time permits, I dedicate it towards this case.

M.

So excited to hear from you mmarty! Great news on the updates! Let us know if we can help and thank you for keeping us updated.

Greetings WebSleuthers,

Sorry for the delay in updates on our end in this investigation. We are currently getting work done on our John Doe to provide a better facial reconstruction, I am not satisfied with the clay image we have of him. Also, we are working with NamUs on a Facebook campaign in order to see if we can get more leads on our John Doe and his killer. Thanks again for your tireless work on this and know that, as time permits, I dedicate it towards this case.

M.

Thanks for the update!

Is there anything specific you'd like us to work on?

You had mentioned seeing if you could get a copy of the isotope map for us. Would that still be possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello
I'm new here so please excuse any information that I ask that might be a repeat.

I would like to help if there is anyone who still needs researching.

Also do we have any other information on the ball cap? Was it a trucker cap or a cloth? In my opinion this can say a lot about a person.

Any possibility of doing some familial dna matching on gedmatch with this case?

Hi! Ok, so I am new to this. If i am reading the forum correct the last post on this case was on 12/13/2018? This is the very first case I am reading and reviewing and might need some assistance... even if it is for learning purposes! Thank you!
Lisa

Hi, and welcome!

1. check doe, namus, charley project for missing people who have been added since last fall, and if you find anybody, create a new thread for them and provide their links. There's a thread (The List *NO DISCUSSION*) that lists all the names we have looked at already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back