UK - Helen Almey, 39, & Martin Griffiths, 48, Duffield, Derbyshire, 1 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

Agree Elainera, I think it was someone else and that this someone else called the police

Yes that's what I thought too. Maybe a neighbour who came over when he heard noises. Or the ex did not come alone. Jmo.

We were both wrong. According to this article he called 999 himself.

"Officers tried Helen's mobile phone but it went to voicemail and a dog handler arrived after a second 999 call from the murder suspect himself at around 4.26am, arresting him outside the £400,000 property at 4.30am, the prosecution said. "

Headteacher in court for double knife murder of wife and lover | Daily Mail Online

We were both wrong. According to this article he called 999 himself.

"Officers tried Helen's mobile phone but it went to voicemail and a dog handler arrived after a second 999 call from the murder suspect himself at around 4.26am, arresting him outside the £400,000 property at 4.30am, the prosecution said. "

Headteacher in court for double knife murder of wife and lover | Daily Mail Online

Yes looks as though no one else there, other than the killer.
When the report said someone kept repeating * you've killed them * that does sound more like it would be RH, rather than a witness.

According the article, she phoned police at 4.11 am but they only tried to call Helen, she didn't pick up. Then RH himself called police after the murders at 4.26 am and an officer arrived at 4.30 and arrested him.

Oh my God they f'ed up.[/QUOTE

If RH phoned the police at 4:26 he must have arrived at the house at least 10 minutes before that to enter the house and commit the murders.
he might have spent several minutes after the attack before phoning the police so his mother's phone call must have been almost at the time he arrived at Helen's house.

According the article, she phoned police at 4.11 am but they only tried to call Helen, she didn't pick up. Then RH himself called police after the murders at 4.26 am and an officer arrived at 4.30 and arrested him.

Oh my God they f'ed up.

It is a very close timeline.

The neighbour who reported the noise at Helen's home said it was * about 3am*.

RHs mother's call to 999 was made at 4.11am.

If his mother called as soon as she saw RH leave the house with the 2 knives, the timeline would be;

4.11 am 999 call to police
4.11 - 4.20am RH drives 10 miles to Helen's house
4.20 - 4.25am RH gains access, murders MG, fatally wounds HA
4.26am RH goes back outside the property and calls 999

If his mother called as soon as she saw RH leave the house with the 2 knives, the timeline would be;

It is tight, but possible. At that time in the morning the roads wouldn't have been busy so he could have got there quite quickly.

Yes looks as though no one else there, other than the killer.
When the report said someone kept repeating * you've killed them * that does sound more like it would be RH, rather than a witness.

Talking to himself you mean?

She could have hesitated a bit to call 999? Maybe he already left at 4 am or even earlier.

yes - I think the fact that it was being repeated says it was him. A witness would only say it once.

But wouldn't he have said "What have I done" rather than the reported "What have you done"?

I agree, I think he did leave earlier. Perhaps she tried to call him and couldnt get a reply from him and then decided to call 999

I'm sure LE will piece it all together. They'll probably find him somewhere along the route on cctv.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back