Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking they maybe had an idea about the “area”, but not the exact location.
Possibly, but these were not widespread searches. The sites were very specific. I think it is possible that the tipster told them they went to the first location, then decided to bury her elsewhere. Cops went there first to look for any possible evidence that they were there. Think cigarette butts or beer cans. Then they moved to the site where they knew she was.

I am wondering if LE was able to track the pings on the co-worker's phone (or phones of friends in their group) to see where they went that night? If they said they went to the Tin Roof and then back home - going out to Hueytown would be a big contradiction. I am kind of leaning to an accidental overdose and then panicking.

Possibly, but these were not widespread searches. The sites were very specific. I think it is possible that the tipster told them they went to the first location, then decided to bury her elsewhere. Cops went there first to look for any possible evidence that they left there. Think cigarette butts or beer cans. Then they moved to the site where they knew she was.

I've bounced in and out of this thread over the past couple of weeks so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Could it be possible that Paighton came across someone at the bar she knew from rehab? Then they went off with, perhaps, people known to the friend? That would explain why she left initially, a relapse, let's go party, and the text saying she didn't know where she was or who she was with and that she might be in trouble. I think the "trouble" comment was meant to mean drugs.

I am going to stick my neck out and suggest, if this is Paighton, that the cause of death is going to be an accidental overdose.

For those that may not know, many addicts overdose accidentally after being sober because they shoot up with the same dose that they were accustomed to using at the time they stopped. Since they've been clean, their body can no longer tolerate that dose. Prior to rehab they were building up a tolerance bit by bit and increasing their dosing bit by bit. To be clean and sober and then go right back to the highest dose you were taking before you got sober is a recipe for a fatal overdose. (Corey Monteith)

Just throwing this out there. I could be entirely wrong. It's going to be terribly sad no matter what the COD.

MOO

i think the google image was from 2010 - I could be wrong, but if so it may have fallen apart over the years.
The google images of the house are 2008 & 2013.

Anyone else having problems with the page loading?

I am wondering if LE was able to track the pings on the co-worker's phone (or phones of friends in their group) to see where they went that night? If they said they went to the Tin Roof and then back home - going out to Hueytown would be a big contradiction. I am kind of leaning to an accidental overdose and then panicking.
Its been my experience that people don't turn a non crime in to a huge crime by burying someone that overdosed.

You bring up an interesting point. The tip about this location was 100% accurate, while the tip about the other location seemed to turn up nothing. I wonder if the tips came from different people or if the actually did find something, possibly a weapon, at the other site?
The tips could be from a friend of a suspect question by LE as to where he/she would hide a body.

I don’t think that someone “just figured” it was an abandoned house- I think they already knew somehow that it was abandoned. I think she was murdered and buried there and someone close to the situation came forward to the police with their knowledge or suspicions.
Moo

being wrapped in cloth imo was helpful for the concealment, transportation and burial, not a last moment remorse or showing they care. I think that’s more for when one kills someone and leaves the body at the scene, again moo

Last edited:
White woman's body found wrapped in cloth in shallow grave in backyard is what they just said on wbrc tv.....

"Wrapped in cloth". Meaning someone knew her or cared for her possibly? MOO

The reporter said earlier they had searched in three different locations. Do we know where they were? Was she moved twice?
This leads me to believe that they either have a suspect or possibly a tipster that threw out a name for some reason, and that possibly that name is associated with these 3 locations. Possibly the "POI" owns all 3 properties? I'm not sure what the rules are, but if someone knows the addresses of the 3 locations searched, it would be interesting to search public records to see who the owner of the 3 properties is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77