Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we usually see that bodies wrapped in some sort of cloth are generally done so by caregivers or women? I'm so curious to learn from phone pings where Paighton was that day (and where she was NOT).

Body found in shallow grave in Hueytown yard identified as Paighton Houston

Jan 3, 2020

Trussville police late Friday afternoon said the remains have positively been identified as Paighton Houston. The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has not yet released the cause and manner of death.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Houston family as they begin the grieving process,'' said Trussville Det. Ben Short, who has been assisting in the investigation.

With Heidi Broussard the manner of death was released when she was identified, if I
remember correctly. I suspect this one is going to take longer, waiting on the toxocology report. JMO

WHNT News 19‏Verified account @whnt
BREAKING: Body found in Hueytown has been positively identified as missing woman Paighton Houston: http://via.whnt.com/r1OVY

ENZMue3XUAAVk-k.jpg

3:31 PM - 3 Jan 2020

Positive identification of the deceased applies to all-- not only the high profile. However, with advanced technology (DNA, etc.,) it's not as grim as we've long seen on TV. In many areas, identification is now possible by a photo and physical viewing of the body by next of kin not required.
Interesting and I'm sure you are right about variance. I have always wondered if it was thought I was spared not having to identify my son because I worked in LE field or what was done. I hope for the families sake this was a tragic accidental OD as opposed to worse.

Last edited:
What a sad end to a beautiful girls life. My heart hurts for her family.

I am eager to know what tip led them to the house. I am also eager to know what exactly the video surveillance showed, if anything. It is odd that LE did not release it. Therefore I believe since no black men were confirmed on those videos, they knew who she left with and had no reason to release it. IMO

Certainly phone pings would have been available before now so it's more than that. More investigation into the POI that they are not naming?

With Heidi Broussard the manner of death was released when she was identified, if I
remember correctly. I suspect this one is going to take longer, waiting on the toxocology report. JMO

MOD for Heidi was announced very early on.
MOD is crucial. IF there is any physical trauma they can determine more quickly.

MOO

RIP lovely Paighton. Does anyone think it is odd that LE are currently classifying it as a death investigation instead lf homicide? Is this making people more suspect that it could have been an OD where person(s) with her may have panicked and reacted to cover it up? MOO.

I don't quite get the thought process of burying a person that overdosed. Why? For what? It's not like the family suffered any less. They didn't know where Paighton was, if she was alive or not since December 20. They spent the holidays not knowing where their daughter was and why she wasn't coming home. How does that make it any better or easier? Unfortunately, drug overdoses happen every single day. What was the worse that could have happened to the people that were with her? I don't know, it doesn't make sense if it was just an accidental overdose.

I found another case online, where a man OD'ed on heroin and his friend moved and hid the body and then threw away the deceased man's cell phone. He was arrested and charged with "tampering with evidence" as well as "abuse of a corpse".

I wonder if that is the next step we will see in this case?

And will we be able to look it here if the person is arrested in Jefferson County?

Inmate Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member