FL FL - Paula Sladewski, 26, Miami, 3 Jan 2010

I just watched this old episode of Dateline today. I read through many of the posts and may have missed it, but did anyone look into the cabbies that wait around outside the club? It is common for a predator to pose as a taxi outside a bar late at night looking for vulnerable women traveling alone. She was wearing 6 inch heels and had been drinking all night and likely had looked around out in front of the bar for her boyfriend. It's possible he offered her a taxi to the hotel and held her hand to assist her to his car. He would know the streets well (very comfortable with the area, said LE).

In around 1999 my friend a I went to a very popular club here in Chicago - I started getting tired, but my friend wasn't so I decided to leave and she stayed behind. I was wearing a short skirt and heels. I hailed a cab outside the club, and a taxi stopped to pick me up seconds later. I got into the cab and gave the driver my home address, which was quite a bit north of the club - had he taken the very street were were on I'd have been home in less than 10 minutes. The taxi starts driving north, but then suddenly turns south. I said to the driver that he was going the wrong way, to which he replied, "you'll go where I want you to go, bit*h". In minutes we were already maybe a mile south... I realized I was being abducted, and developed a plan in my head that I would jump out of the car at the next stoplight or stop sign. As the cab slows down for a red light I pulled the door handle and kicked the door wide open and bailed. I hit the concrete hard and rolled, but there was a cab behind him who saw this. He stopped immediately and ran over to help me. He asked me if I was okay (which I was), and then went up to the driver's window to try and break it to get the driver out. He broke the window, and the driver fought back hard, and eventually hit the gas so hard he nearly ran over the guy helping me. But he did get the license plate, and called the police, and put me in his cab. He then drove me home for free. The abductor was fired from the cab company that he worked for, but criminal charges were not filed.

This suspect sketch is included in some of the previous links, however people don't always click through, so here is the man police are seeking in connection with Paula's murder. This is how he looked in January 2010. Witnesses described him as a heavyset black or Hispanic male with a goatee. Anyone who recognizes this man is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477). All calls are anonymous.

killersketch.jpg

Definitely sounds like a local perp. Who else would know where that dumpster was, know that there were no cameras, and know that they wouldn't be seen?

January 3, 2020
Who Killed Playboy Model Paula Sladewski in 2010? North Miami Police Still Don't Know

"Klym reportedly got kicked out of the club after arguing with Sladewski. He took a cab back to their hotel in Miami Beach, and she stayed behind."

"Grainy camera footage shows Sladewski leaving the club around 7:20 a.m. Some reports say she left with an unknown man, while others say a man followed her out of the club or approached her outside. North Miami police say no other cameras captured where she went."

"The club's owner said three employees saw the man walk up to Sladewski on the street in front of the club, talk to her, and walk away with her."

"Gaudio couldn't get specific but says investigators think whoever killed Sladewski must have known the area where her body was left."

"It was out of the way. It wasn't highly traveled by people," Gaudio says. "It was a Sunday. A dead end. It's a place you wouldn't know unless you lived or worked there."

In around 1999 my friend a I went to a very popular club here in Chicago - I started getting tired, but my friend wasn't so I decided to leave and she stayed behind. I was wearing a short skirt and heels. I hailed a cab outside the club, and a taxi stopped to pick me up seconds later. I got into the cab and gave the driver my home address, which was quite a bit north of the club - had he taken the very street were were on I'd have been home in less than 10 minutes. The taxi starts driving north, but then suddenly turns south. I said to the driver that he was going the wrong way, to which he replied, "you'll go where I want you to go, bit*h". In minutes we were already maybe a mile south... I realized I was being abducted, and developed a plan in my head that I would jump out of the car at the next stoplight or stop sign. As the cab slows down for a red light I pulled the door handle and kicked the door wide open and bailed. I hit the concrete hard and rolled, but there was a cab behind him who saw this. He stopped immediately and ran over to help me. He asked me if I was okay (which I was), and then went up to the driver's window to try and break it to get the driver out. He broke the window, and the driver fought back hard, and eventually hit the gas so hard he nearly ran over the guy helping me. But he did get the license plate, and called the police, and put me in his cab. He then drove me home for free. The abductor was fired from the cab company that he worked for, but criminal charges were not filed.
I'm sorry that happened to you.

'Cold Case Review: Brutal South Florida Murders That Remain Unsolved

''Those who perpetrated these crimes were never brought to justice. If you know anything that could help detectives, it's not too late to come forward''.
By Theo Karantsalis February 20, 2024
From left, clockwise: Alder Hill, John Agudelo,  R.J. Lockwood, and Paula Sladewski.

From left, clockwise: Alder Hill, John Agudelo, R.J. Lockwood, and Paula Sladewski. New Times collage
''North Miami Police have appealed for fresh leads into the murder of Paula Sladewski, who was found in a burning dumpster exactly 10 years ago. A composite sketch of a possible suspect, right, was released, but no strong leads have ever emerged (Pictures: NBC Miami/North Miami Police)''
1708528950501.png

''A New Year's Eve Lady Gaga concert brought Sladewski and her boyfriend Kevin Klym to Miami Beach. The Michigan couple celebrated 2010 by dancing to Mother Monster at the Fontainebleau and spent the rest of the weekend clubbing. They went to Space in the early hours of January 3, 2010, a Sunday. Klym reportedly got kicked out of the club after arguing with Sladewski. He took a cab back to their hotel in Miami Beach, and she stayed behind.

Grainy camera footage shows Sladewski leaving the club around 7:20 a.m. Some reports say she left with an unknown man, while others say a man followed her out of the club or approached her outside. North Miami police say no other cameras captured where she went.

Her body was found later that day, and police still don't know who killed her.''

Also available on Max and Discovery +

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back