Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo in Calif

Reaction score
BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

THREAD #1
THREAD #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Media Contacts:
  • bdionne@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • mhightower@wbrc.com- WBRC FOX6 News
  • alancollins@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • michael.seale@patch.com - Patch User Profile for Michael Seale
  • cscarborough@hearst.com - WVTM 13
  • skillian@wvtm.com - WVTM 13
  • News@TrussvilleTribune.com
  • newstip@abc3340.com - ABC 3340

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  1. I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
  2. How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
  3. What time did they actually get to the bar?
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  1. -was she at work on 12/20 and who saw her there
  2. -who was she in contact with that day and night via text/cell
  3. -when was the last time her mother actually spoke to her on the phone
  4. -who can confirm she actually went to TR
  5. -was she seen on video at TR or any nearby business cameras
  6. -if she was there, did she eat or drink alcohol
  7. -did she text anyone else mentioning feeling in trouble
  8. -when and where did her phone ping that night
  9. -when did her phone go silent
  10. -is her car at the coworkers home as would be expected
  11. -has the car been processed
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
  13. -why hasn’t LE organized any searches for her
Proctorelites-
  1. Did anyone see Paighton at the bar or leaving the bar?
  2. Has Paighton ever used Uber or Lyft? Does she have an account with either?
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Anyone else have a question not covered above?

Hmm. Some things seem possibly hinky after reading bac

Yeah I was just trying to post how things seem hinky after reading back, but I’m scared to say this now after Heidi’s case. This is a crime forum; I guess it’s not a crime to say things seem potentially hinky. I guess everything is hinky on WS LoL.

Yes. Everything is hinky on WS

Hinky, but not kinky

Others have touched on the text, the awkward phrasing and content, and I agree there’s something not right.
1).... if PH sent the text and she was truly afraid then it’s legit. The only question would be the odd phrasing.
2)....if PH sent it to cover up the fact she was perhaps doing drugs it seems like the message would have been more like “ hey guys, I’m fine. Just hanging out with some friends. See y’all soon”. She wouldn’t want to alarm anyone.
3)....if someone other than PH sent it, why would they send something to alarm people? Again seems like the message would have been one to allay family and friend’s concerns.
Since 2 and 3 really don’t make much sense to me, I would tend to think the text was sent by PH and she was concerned and afraid about the circumstances she found herself in.

He said officers did not find anything in the video that would be helpful to their investigation.”

He doesn't state whether PH is or isn't seen on any video. This really bothers me. For a missing person, you'd think they'd report it if she WAS seen on video

Officers did not find anything that would be useful to their investigation. This is a direct source and words from LE. This imo, is alarming, because any footage of proof that coworkers or Paighton were at some point present that night at this location would be helpful.

It seems incredibly suspicious to me, if true.

The description of those men seems made up.

There is no video of those men.

That text seems like misdirection.

And a debit card found on the floor and turned into security, would be yet another element of staging. It would fit perfectly (she was here, as she dropped her debit card).

Of course as far as I’m aware, this hasn’t been verified.

Jumped in late here and just read a few of the posts. I have some questions...

Has the name of the co-worker been made public?

Did anyone at that bar confirm seeing Paighton there?

What about phone records and pings? If the text was genuine, from tower was the ping?

Has this text even been confirmed as real?

It seems incredibly suspicious to me, if true.

The description of those men seems made up.

There is no video of those men.

That text seems like misdirection.

And a debit card found on the floor and turned into security, would be yet another element of staging. It would fit perfectly (she was here, as she dropped her debit card).

Of course as far as I’m aware, this hasn’t been verified.

My thoughts exactly.

@MassGuy (or anyone who cares to answer), did the friend say specifically that PH was seen with the 2 large black males inside? Tia. I will be going back later to catch the details I missed.

ETA: Also, if LE said these individuals were not captured on camera, then I would expect a disclaimer such as, “however the cameras do not provide a complete visual of all angles”, or something to that effect IF that were the case.

PH told her mom she was meeting her coworkers/friends to see a band that started at 1100, yet she allegedly left the bar with strangers at 1045? As I’ve stated before the police did not confirm nor deny PH being in the bar or if she left with anyone only that the ‘two unknown men’ were not in the videos.

Interesting....this Wal-Mart 1.4 miles from where the body was found is open 24 hours. Anyone unexpectedly needing to bury a body in the middle of the night would likely need some provisions. And all Wal-Marts have video cameras!

Hueytown
Supercenter #4497
1007 Red Farmer Dr, Hueytown, AL 35023

I doubt there were any shovels lying around that house if it was a trap house. Tools would be the first thing to be stolen and pawned by junkies. Someone at 210 Chapel Drive, likely unexpectedly needed 2 shovels sometime in the wee hours of the night....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member