Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she left with strangers who promised to find her drugs, but things went south when she realized her bank card was missing. If she left with them to get drugs and then couldn't get money, that could have really set someone (a drug addict) off... especially if she promised to buy them drugs, too. It's also very possible they had bad intentions all along. To be clear: This is in no way meant to victim blame. I do not think what happened to Paighton was Paighton's fault.

This case is as police described, difficult. This is Paighton's hometown. I would think she has well known contacts, if she were looking for drugs. Imo, those who are closest to Paighton, have drawn a picture of an intelligent and extremely cautious woman. It seems less likely a person with the means, money, needs 2 strange large men, to find them drugs. I could possibly fall for the one witness account given if Paighton was from little to no means, and needed those 2 large strange men to supply her with drugs, placing herself in dire circumstances, that is more evident with the strange Lumberton, NC drug addicted females found in trash cans, 3 or more, and is still unsolved edit to add: sadly. This is only my opinion.

Last edited:
MOO: Wouldn't it be interesting if we find out this house Paighton was found at is connected to one of her coworkers? Just food for thought. I figured LE knew a lot more than they were putting out publicly during this investigation, and it seemed they worked on this case dilligently and quickly. I'm glad they were so dedicated to finding her and her past history of drug use didn't seem to make them disinterested in her case, which was refreshing to see.

Perhaps she left with strangers who promised to find her drugs, but things went south when she realized her bank card was missing. If she left with them to get drugs and then couldn't get money, that could have really set someone (a drug addict) off... especially if she promised to buy them drugs, too. It's also very possible they had bad intentions all along. To be clear: This is in no way meant to victim blame. I do not think what happened to Paighton was Paighton's fault.
Something to remember is that most addicts are not bad people. Sure, they do bad things, but most are not inherently evil, just like the general population. It would be waaaaay out there for someone to kill another just because they didn’t have the funds to buy dope.

When in our addiction, addicts are resourceful. Don’t have the money? You find a way to get it.

Not worthy of murder, IMO. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

One of my worries has to do with some other former addicts. Not everyone who comes out the other side is mentally sound and sober. Of course, not everyone never addicted to anything are mentally sound either.
Some companies employ all or mostly sober people (for various reasons). I would wonder if the company PH worked for is one of those. I know of many such companies.

We really do not have much info on this case.

But, IF she sent the message, I think whoever she was with was very closeby. She could not make a phone call without tipping them off that
she felt in danger. She felt a phone call to someone might escalate the situation at hand. She hoped maybe she could work the situation somehow and come out okay by buying time and not showing fear. She could have been feigning being passed out in the back of the car or any number of things.

Also she has been missing since Dec 20 or 21. Why are people assuming she died the night she went missing?

From People magazine : The Trussville Tribune reported that Huston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on the day she vanished that said, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

Police Find Body of Paighton Houston Who Went Missing After Leaving Bar and Texting 'I Feel in Trouble'

This case is as police described, difficult. This is Paighton's hometown. I would think she has well known contacts, if she were looking for drugs. Imo, those who are closest to Paighton, have drawn a picture of an intelligent and extremely cautious woman. It seems less likely a person with the means, money, needs 2 strange large men, to find them drugs. I could possibly fall for the one witness account given if Paighton was from little to no means, and needed those 2 large strange men to supply her with drugs, placing herself in dire circumstances, that is more evident with the strange Lumberton, NC drug addicted females found in trash cans, 3 or more, and is still unsolved edit to add: sadly. This is only my opinion.

I'm with you. As cautious as she was said to have been, I don't see the scenario either. If drugs are found in her system, I think someone else put them there. She was not new to recovery. Yes, I understand how it works, but she was far enough out of the "new" phase. The program she went to seems to be an excellent one as well. She obviously had a strong support system in her family and with the Doc from rehab. I believe she would reach out if she felt the draw to use.

Last edited:
We really do not have much info on this case.

But, IF she sent the message, I think whoever she was with was very closeby. She could not make a phone call without tipping them off that
she felt in danger. She felt a phone call to someone might escalate the situation at hand. She hoped maybe she could work the situation somehow and come out okay by buying time and not showing fear. She could have been feigning being passed out in the back of the car or any number of things.

Also she has been missing since Dec 20 or 21. Why are people assuming she died the night she went missing?

From People magazine : The Trussville Tribune reported that Huston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on the day she vanished that said, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

Police Find Body of Paighton Houston Who Went Missing After Leaving Bar and Texting 'I Feel in Trouble'
But if she was too afraid to make a phone call, why would she say she would call if she felt further in danger? That's literally what the text said. That she would call if she needed to. But why do that if you're afraid to call?

PH told her mom she was meeting her coworkers/friends to see a band that started at 1100, yet she allegedly left the bar with strangers at 1045? As I’ve stated before the police did not confirm nor deny PH being in the bar or if she left with anyone only that the ‘two unknown men’ were not in the videos.

For some reason, this did not stick out to me until now, but I feel like this almost makes more sense. As someone who partied maybe a bit too hard in college, goes to a lot of shows, and used to hide my partying from parents, this all made a lot of sense to me. This is of course just speculation, and I apologize in advance if this angle has been discussed before.

Anyway, people at shows (bars, wherever) obviously do drugs. But getting drugs in these environments can be risky and you don't know what you're getting if its from a stranger. I would not find it odd at all if, shortly before the show started, she left the bar to buy from a dealer. I can't even tell you all the amount of times I have had friends do this. If this happened, it is entirely possible that the connects she met up with were friends of the person who said they saw her leave with "two husky black men". The person could know she met up with two husky black men, but doesn't want to get in trouble, so they could have lied to the police about how they knew she was with them (hence why they were never seen on the cameras). Finally, her dropping the credit card on the floor of the bar does not seem weird to me. When I was a bartender, we had a stack of left-over credit cards that was as thick as a dictionary.

Anyway, this is of course all speculation and my own opinion, but I wanted to introduce a theory that I had not seen mentioned before. Rest in Peace, Paighton. Hopefully they will discover what happened soon and can bring you justice.

ETA: This of course does not explain how she ended up in a ditch, but it could kind of connect two pieces of the story that don't seem to fit in well anywhere else.

ETA (again): I forgot to add that I do not mean to blame this on drugs just because she was in recovery. Again, just thinking of another explanation.

Last edited:
I’ve been a member of WS for years, but rarely post. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say this, but a good friend of mine from college was good friends with Paighton-as in they spoke everyday. I have no “inside” information whatsoever.
We do not know that PH was even at TR. we have no idea how many coworkers/friends were there. I tend to lean on the side that the text message was either not sent by PH, OR it was sent by PH under duress. I’m on the fence about her leaving with “two black guys” because I’m on the fence about her being at TR in the first place. For some reason, my (sometimes really powerful, and sometimes really not ) 6th sense is telling me that PH was not looking to score heroin. I am feeling that she knew (or thought she knew) at least one of the people she was with. I heard one of the reporters say yesterday that LE have kept most of this investigation close to the vest and the public has not been told details. I think when this unfolds, some of us will be surprised and some of us will not. JMO..

PH’s prior drug use may be a red herring in this case and have nothing to do with why/how she ended up in that shallow grave.

With as little as we know, I think all options are on the table until something more definitive comes to light.

Something to remember is that most addicts are not bad people. Sure, they do bad things, but most are not inherently evil, just like the general population. It would be waaaaay out there for someone to kill another just because they didn’t have the funds to buy dope.

When in our addiction, addicts are resourceful. Don’t have the money? You find a way to get it.

Not worthy of murder, IMO. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

I am an addict. I have been sober for 8 years. I'm not saying I think she was killed just because of money. I think she possibly ended up with bad people that didn't necessarily intend to kill her when she left the bar. I am trying to account for a sober seeming text and the amount of time that passed between when she was supposedly last seen and the timing of the text.

I'm seeing several posts mentioning how it must have taken 2 people to dig a shallow grave, trips to WM to buy shovels, etc.
For all we know, the "hole" she has been described being buried in, could have already been there and there was no need for a shovel at all. We also don't know if there might have been a shovel leaning against the house (I mean come on, everything else on the planet was thrown around the yard, why not a shovel too?) that whoever buried her, used. It's just weird that it was described as a hole though. Maybe that's just a regional thing, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288