Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted on the previous thread yesterday that they felt that a couple of large black men would stand out from what they considered to be a "white bread" crowd. I forget who posted this or what they based their belief of the crowd at that bar to be, though. Maybe they'll chime in here again.
All of the photos I saw visitors had posted at Tin Roof seemed to reflect a predominantly (but not exclusively) Caucasian population base.

Just a thought that "in trouble" might mean fear of relapsing. MOO.
I wonder if the "I feel in trouble" is because she left on her own, with or without warning from her coworker (which we don't know what exactly happened) and realized that she indeed was "in trouble". It's almost like a plea to the one she texted to answer her call, and to alert them that she was wrong and they were right....imo

To me it is not unusual for "in trouble" to be used meaning something like "under threat." Maybe it is a regional thing. I grew up in Center Point, near Trussville and my parents were from the B'ham area.

I grew up in the Opelika/Auburn area before my family moved to B'ham......and "in trouble" is a very common phrase in that area of the South. I would use it. And I have heard it used by many people in all kinds of context.....some serious and some in jest.

Soil Composition of Hueytown
This was asked about on the previous thread.
I'm a Master Gardener with a Masters in Soil Science...so thought I'd chime in.
Most of the soil in Hueytown is classified as Appalachian Plateau and Limestone.
Which means the soil has lots and sand and silt. This is not to say that you might not find few clumps of clay, but very little compared to other parts of AL.
This type soil does not hold water or nutrients well. It is lightweight and fine.
This is very easy to dig even if the soil is wet.
IMO, it would be very possible for a female to dig a, 3ft deep/6ft length hole, on her own.
But I dig lots of holes so my perspective might be skewed:)
- Attached is a Soil Survey Map of Alabama (Jefferson Co is in yellow).
- and an image of what this type soil looks like.
Lemme know if you want more specifics:)

Attachments

• Unites States Extension Appalachian Soil.jpg
    Unites States Extension Appalachian Soil.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Soil Survey AL.gif
    Soil Survey AL.gif
    191 KB · Views: 24
Someone posted on the previous thread yesterday that they felt that a couple of large black men would stand out from what they considered to be a "white bread" crowd. I forget who posted this or what they based their belief of the crowd at that bar to be, though. Maybe they'll chime in here again.
I agree and can’t answer that because I live in Atlanta, and I believe Atlanta to be a little more diverse just because it’s bigger. Maybe I’m kidding myself.

I am from Birmingham and used to go to that bar from time to time and would say it is a mostly white crowd. I havent been in a few years but I would think they would stand out a little bit. Whatever band was playing that night would probably really be telling at what kind of crowd was there imo.

I grew up in the Opelika/Auburn area before my family moved to B'ham......and "in trouble" is a very common phrase in that area of the South. I would use it. And I have heard it used by many people in all kinds of context.....some serious and some in jest.
This is very true. The fact that PH wound up dead afterwards indicates it was likely
Soil Composition of Hueytown
This was asked about on the previous thread.
I'm a Master Gardener with a Masters in Soil Science...so thought I'd chime in.
Most of the soil in Hueytown is classified as Appalachian Plateau and Limestone.
Which means the soil has lots and sand and silt. This is not to say that you might not find few clumps of clay, but very little compared to other parts of AL.
This type soil does not hold water or nutrients well. It is lightweight and fine.
This is very easy to dig even if the soil is wet.
IMO, it would be very possible for a female to dig a, 3ft deep/6ft length hole, on her own.
But I dig lots of holes so my perspective might be skewed:)
- Attached is a Soil Survey Map of Alabama (Jefferson Co is in yellow).
- and an image of what this type soil looks like.
Lemme know if you want more specifics:)
Thank you for sharing your insight and expertise!

Although there have been no quotes attributed to this coworker, there have been statements made by PH's mother wherein she implies or says that the coworker's stories keep changing. To me that is all that needs to be said. This is a generalization, but the one huge red flag in LE interrogations is lying. Changing a story would fall into that category, wouldn't it?

Sure, but the commentary from the family just proves my point. She mAy have told the family one thing and the cops something different. Maybe covering maybe not. This family was distraught and in panic mode I’m sure. Either way her mother gave no specifics regarding what the friend said. It is complete and utterly wild speculation on our part to attribute malicious intent to something we have 0 record of. This also may explain why the cops said this case was strange. LE may not want to air the victims dirty laundry to the public. PH’s mother could have taken her lack of answers as a changing story. She also went the extra mile to announce that she did not want anyone to harass the co worker.

Sure, but the commentary from the family just proves my point. She mAy have told the family one thing and the cops something different. Maybe covering maybe not. This family was distraught and in panic mode I’m sure. Either way her mother gave no specifics regarding what the friend said. It is complete and utterly wild speculation on our part to attribute malicious intent to something we have 0 record of. This also may explain why the cops said this case was strange. LE may not want to air the victims dirty laundry to the public. PH’s mother could have taken her lack of answers as a changing story. She also went the extra mile to announce that she did not want anyone to harass the co worker.
True. I wonder if this co-worker was out hanging yellow ribbons with the family. IMO

So she likely died of either a drug overdose or was sexually assaulted and killed at this abandoned house?

That really is interesting to me. I've followed countless cases for decades, and this is honestly the first time I've ever heard LE refer to a human grave as a hole. Hence the reason it really stood out to me. It makes me think it actually was a hole already there in the ground, and not a freshly dug shallow grave.
I live here in Birmingham and have definitely heard both statements made. I really think the semantics are not relevant here but you never know! MOO

I had asked the question about the diversity of the bar and was told it was significantly white as opposed to African American. I would expect that to be the case living in AL and actually being in Bham as I write this. Two black males, large or small, would cause a predominantly white bar clientele to take notice if leaving with a single white female. That’s just the way it is.

I saw on Instagram photo where someone said who the coworker is (as in they said X photo is the coworker). It is a female. But I am not sure if it was just a stranger guessing or if it was someone in the know. I am saying this because someone upthread stated that they think coworker is a friend zoned guy (which I was also kind of thinking too...but then saw the Instagram thing). But I presume the photos at a dinner at Ruth Chris is a work dinner. She labeled it X dinner and I assume that place is where she worked. I am not sure if we're allowed to say her place of employment. So I put X.

Although there have been no quotes attributed to this coworker, there have been statements made by PH's mother wherein she implies or says that the coworker's stories keep changing. To me that is all that needs to be said. This is a generalization, but the one huge red flag in LE interrogations is lying. Changing a story would fall into that category, wouldn't it?
This is not from MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member