Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

We don’t get the show Jeopardy here in Scotland but I have been following the news on how Mr. Trebek is doing. I have seen YouTube clips of highlights of the show. I know how highly regarded Mr. Trebek is by so many people in the United States and continue to wish him the best as he fights this dreadful disease.
I wish you could see the show Greg. I think you would really enjoy it.

Really been enjoying the current champions tournament. Rooting for Ken Jennings myself

DH and I are watching, too. I doubt that Brad can make a comeback, so it looks like the contest will be between James and Ken. I don't really have a favorite - other than Jeopardy! as a favorite TV show :)

DH and I are watching, too. I doubt that Brad can make a comeback, so it looks like the contest will be between James and Ken. I don't really have a favorite - other than Jeopardy! as a favorite TV show :)
My DH and I are also watching. My adult children and their families are watching as well. We've really enjoyed it!

Yes, the current championship tournament is great. I have always enjoyed watching Jeopardy, even back in the Art Fleming days. I am both watching and taping (in case I get a phone call in the middle). The spur of the moment recall of knowledge that these three contestants have is beyond amazing.

'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek's moving statement on his impact - CNN

Yes, the current championship tournament is great. I have always enjoyed watching Jeopardy, even back in the Art Fleming days. I am both watching and taping (in case I get a phone call in the middle). The spur of the moment recall of knowledge that these three contestants have is beyond amazing...

Me, too! In fact, then beau-now DH used to schedule his college classes around Jeopardy! which aired locally at noon in the '60s :D

Quote by Marvin J. Ashton:
“Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart, one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”

Alex Trebek speaks through kindness to everyone and the meaning of "Leave people better than you found them" has always applied to Mr. Trebek.

At 0.50 time of the video (below within the article), as Alex Trebek speaks with Robin Roberts on Good morning America, I am reminded of how Ms. Roberts beat cancer and how very much we wish for this for Mr. Trebek as well.

'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek's moving statement on his impact - CNN

Last edited:
I LOVE the current Champions tournament! I like James and Ken, which is good because Brad hasn't been doing too well anyways.

I wish Alex the best. I was sad when I tuned into the first match because he didn't look great. I hope he can recover. He is such an institution.

I watched the champions too but was more interested in Alex. His face is really changing and I was trying to decide if he is jaundiced.
He looks different this week. I don't know what treatments he is having currently - chemo etc. That maybe a factor.

I LOVE the current Champions tournament! I like James and Ken, which is good because Brad hasn't been doing too well anyways.

I wish Alex the best. I was sad when I tuned into the first match because he didn't look great. I hope he can recover. He is such an institution.
I was afraid to mention that. I was taken aback by how Alex looked as well. His makeup appears to be super heavy, almost mask like. I'm praying for a miracle here.

I can't seem to find any recent updates on Alex Trebek's cancer outlook, but I'm worried about his current health status like the rest of you. I hope and pray that he will recover, but we all know that pancreatic cancer is tough to beat :(

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the Greatest of All Time championship is the playful repartee between the contestants. The regular games are usually quite serious and competitive. It's a pleasure to watch these three bright guys have fun as they pursue the ultimate Jeopardy! prize :)

Last edited:
Yes honestly I wouldn't have said anything if it were just me, but I watched the first match with my fiancé and a friend, and both of them gasped when he appeared on screen so I figured it might be something obvious to most people. We can hope he is just in a rough spot and he will be getting better. Sometimes it can be really up and down when you are going through treatment.

I can't seem to find any recent updates on Alex Trebek's cancer outlook, but I'm worried about his current health status like the rest of you. I hope and pray that he will recover, but we all know that pancreatic cancer is tough to beat :(

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the Greatest of All Time championship is the playful repartee between the contestants. The regular games are usually quite serious and competitive. It's a pleasure to watch these three bright guys have fun as they pursue the ultimate Jeopardy! prize :)
Does anyone know when this championship series was filmed?

Here's an update on Alex Trebek's health status from January 8:

Alex Trebek Shares Health Update Amid Cancer Treatments

..."Some days are better than others. My resistance is lower than most of you, of course, because of the treatments I’ve been having, the chemotherapy. As you can tell, I have the cold that seems to be going around -- but this is the second time I’ve gotten it in a month. They got me off one of my chemo drugs, which was killing me. And I don’t know until tomorrow [when] I go in for some tests, and then maybe another week or so before I know where things stand,"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back