GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #5

The special was uploaded to oxygen Channel's Facebook page yesterday and it's already had over 27,000 views.

Seeing this is ripping my heart out on so many levels. One question that sustained for me after all the threads on WS is answered now. It was her second (so called secret) phone that pinged at Fairburn, but it doesn't help a bit. Was she with her car, with her phone or neither of them? Also good to see her friend and LE working with Oxygen Channel. My very best wishes for her family and friends.

I've expressed this theory of the crime before, but I'll reiterate it for this thread.
-
I believe that Jenna was murdered, and I believe that her boyfriend and roommate were both in on it.
-
I think one of them got rid of Jenna's car while the other was getting rid of Jenna's body.
-
I don't know whether Jenna was killed in the apartment or whether she was abducted and killed elsewhere, but I suspect that she was killed in her apartment. Jenna's roommate claimed that Jenna did not have a mattress; I don't buy it. I think that the roommate and the boyfriend got rid of the mattress because there was blood evidence or other forensic evidence on it.
I think the only reason they haven't been charged is that LE isn't sure which one of them killed Jenna.
-
I think that they should both be charged with capital murder, and I hope that they both get the death penalty.

I've expressed this theory of the crime before, but I'll reiterate it for this thread.
-
I believe that Jenna was murdered, and I believe that her boyfriend and roommate were both in on it.
-
I think one of them got rid of Jenna's car while the other was getting rid of Jenna's body.
-
I don't know whether Jenna was killed in the apartment or whether she was abducted and killed elsewhere, but I suspect that she was killed in her apartment. Jenna's roommate claimed that Jenna did not have a mattress; I don't buy it. I think that the roommate and the boyfriend got rid of the mattress because there was blood evidence or other forensic evidence on it.
I think the only reason they haven't been charged is that LE isn't sure which one of them killed Jenna.
-
I think that they should both be charged with capital murder, and I hope that they both get the death penalty.
I agree. She was murdered. I wonder if it had anything to do with the theft of the money where she worked and someone else involved with the theft got extremely frustrated with her confessing. That is, they lost their temper and the situation just went bad from there. OR was she sexually assaulted and killed afterwards. It would seem possible that either scenario could possibly involve a different suspect or set of suspects.

Jenna is listed in this recent article

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

Dateline NBC's social and digital series 'Missing in America' began on December 5, 2013, following a question the night before to our Facebook community, "Do you know anyone who has simply vanished?" The response was overwhelming. Since that first post, every week we have featured the story of a different missing person brought to our attention by a member of our social communities.

On this sixth anniversary of the series, approximately 40% of those we have featured are still missing.

Jenna Van Gelderen was last heard from while pet sitting her parents’ cat in the Druid Hills neighborhood of Atlanta on the night of August 18, 2017. The 25-year-old had plans to meet a friend the next day. But when the friend arrived at Jenna’s house, neither Jenna nor her vehicle was there. Jenna’s brother Will was contacted and he found their parents’ home in disarray. Many of Jenna’s belongings were left behind and all that was missing was a WWII tapestry. After three days of not hearing from Jenna, family reported her missing. Jenna’s dark blue Mazda 6 was found a couple of weeks later parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. According to Detective Shiera Campbell of the DeKalb Police Department, there was nothing left in the car and the gas tank was empty. Anyone with information regarding Jenna’s whereabouts is urged to call the DeKalb Police Department at (770) 724-7600.

Jenna is listed in this recent article

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

Dateline NBC's social and digital series 'Missing in America' began on December 5, 2013, following a question the night before to our Facebook community, "Do you know anyone who has simply vanished?" The response was overwhelming. Since that first post, every week we have featured the story of a different missing person brought to our attention by a member of our social communities.

On this sixth anniversary of the series, approximately 40% of those we have featured are still missing.

Jenna Van Gelderen was last heard from while pet sitting her parents’ cat in the Druid Hills neighborhood of Atlanta on the night of August 18, 2017. The 25-year-old had plans to meet a friend the next day. But when the friend arrived at Jenna’s house, neither Jenna nor her vehicle was there. Jenna’s brother Will was contacted and he found their parents’ home in disarray. Many of Jenna’s belongings were left behind and all that was missing was a WWII tapestry. After three days of not hearing from Jenna, family reported her missing. Jenna’s dark blue Mazda 6 was found a couple of weeks later parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. According to Detective Shiera Campbell of the DeKalb Police Department, there was nothing left in the car and the gas tank was empty. Anyone with information regarding Jenna’s whereabouts is urged to call the DeKalb Police Department at (770) 724-7600.

There were all kinds of things left in the car. There is even a picture of it, and the gas tank was not empty. There we go again.

Was anything mentioned about a tape of a conversation? I remember that a friend had the recording. Was it mentioned in the special or does anyone else remember this?

Another thing that was mentioned previously was that Jenna's car insurance had ran out on her car and is why she was driving her mother's car, so why would she then return and swop cars?

Also, her car was apparently caught on a camera on the Saturday morning, was that covered?

I guess I will have to watch it. :)

Last edited:
-
-
-
-
I dont recall, do we know that the boyfriend and roommate knew each other?

A post on her father's public Facebook (he's been in the media so I think I'm allowed to say his name is Leon van gelderen) he uses to communicate about this case was posted 12 hours ago with updated information. I can't recall, is there an official Facebook which we can refer to and summarize here with in terms of service? I'm going to play it safe and not summarize and just say go look at his page.

A post on her father's public Facebook (he's been in the media so I think I'm allowed to say his name is Leon van gelderen) he uses to communicate about this case was posted 12 hours ago with updated information. I can't recall, is there an official Facebook which we can refer to and summarize here with in terms of service? I'm going to play it safe and not summarize and just say go look at his page.

I believe we can link to the official Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FB page. They shared her father's post there: Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

"The True Crime Files" podcast has just as of two hours ago uploaded a podcast on this case. Playing it safe as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link, so Google the name of the podcast through your favorite podcast go to platform, episode " The Disappearance of Jenna van gelderen"

17 minute episode

Wow! I'm just now seeing this after being away Jenna's case. The cell phone pings at a different location than her car. I wonder if LE has brought cadaver dogs out to that area where her cell phone pinged.

According to the Oxygen docu-series they have searched the surrounding areas in Fairburn extensively. Being a Georgian and knowing our justice system (or lack thereof), I wouldn’t be surprised if the search stopped just short of her remains.

According to the Oxygen docu-series they have searched the surrounding areas in Fairburn extensively. Being a Georgian and knowing our justice system (or lack thereof), I wouldn’t be surprised if the search stopped just short of her remains.

Hi
All, I'm not on here often but I do try to post what I can on the Facebook page Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

It has been a frustrating week learning that no website by the GBI or DeKalb PD had Jenna listed as missing. GBI puts a limited no of their cases on their site. DeKalb we couldn't locate a missing persons page anymore. GBI has since listed Jenna on their page

Regarding Fairburn, we have been down there to search 2 ping locations. I cannot share the maps though
Some areas are very wooded with rough car access and some areas have now since been developed into town homes, there are also several ponds in the area. Then there is a landfill / dumpster transfer station dumpster junk yard as well do there. With out concrete evidence they will not search or dig there
But we do not the authorities spent a lot of time searching around there.

Unfortunately it's just so hard to know what is down there since her phone pinged there and car was spotted around the same time in a different part of town

Hi
All, I'm not on here often but I do try to post what I can on the Facebook page Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

It has been a frustrating week learning that no website by the GBI or DeKalb PD had Jenna listed as missing. GBI puts a limited no of their cases on their site. DeKalb we couldn't locate a missing persons page anymore. GBI has since listed Jenna on their page

Regarding Fairburn, we have been down there to search 2 ping locations. I cannot share the maps though
Some areas are very wooded with rough car access and some areas have now since been developed into town homes, there are also several ponds in the area. Then there is a landfill / dumpster transfer station dumpster junk yard as well do there. With out concrete evidence they will not search or dig there

Unfortunately it's just so hard to know what is down there since her phone pinged there and car was spotted around the same time in a different part of town
Subie!! So good to see you, although obviously we wish it was under different circumstances. Jenna is close to our hearts here, and we think of you and your family often.

Hi

Great to see you back, and seeing some in social media lately. Hopefully, MSM will take it up again as so many cases that helps. I'm sure your family has been working towards such as so key MOO. We are here with you and your family.

Thinking of Jenna this evening... may -od Speed be given to you all in your efforts to find the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back