HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM WEBSLEUTHS/THOUGHTS ON 2020

Thank you to all involved in this fact-based, wonderfully moderated and lively forum. I learn so much here and greatly enjoy being able to share my thoughts or just read along.

Sadly, I am sure the 2020s will bring us more tragic cases to discuss but one positive prediction I have is that more old and cold cases will be solved thru DNA ancestry databases (example April Tinsley). I am hopeful that justice will be served to evildoers out there who thought they got away with their crime. While I have a tendency to follow the new cases most closely there are some unsolved cases that are just so haunting (example Abby and Libby) and I really hope those cases are solved in the early 2020s.

MOO. Happy new year!

Here is a report about a victims advocacy group which mentions the April Tinsley case which is mentioned in the above post:

JAVA, a group founded to help victims of crimes and their families, will expand its work this year, leaders said Friday.

Stacey Davis, who founded the organization, announced the formation of committees to examine problems and issues ranging from helping families after cases are finished to ensuring inmates at the Allen County Jail have medications.

JAVA, which stands for Justice, Accountability and Victim Advocacy, also plans to work with the parents of April Tinsley to put a wishing well somewhere in the city to memorialize local children who have been killed. April was killed after she was abducted in 1988.

The group also wants to help refer children to counseling and support families of unsolved murders.

“There are many, many more unsolved murder cases that need to be resolved,” Davis said. “JAVA is just getting started.”

Victim advocate group JAVA to expand work | Local | Journal Gazette

Hi, fellow sleuths. I want to wish everyone a wonderful 2020. In the last year (like the years before) I worked together with a lot of wonderful, intelligent, sweet and capable people, from all walks of live, countries and ages. I learned a lot, about all kinds of different subjects, and about the essence of being human....Seen DNA project doing wonderful things and growing, the influence of FB and other social media causing other dynamics in threads....Things going faster all the time...very different dynamics then the old missing person cases or unidentified persons cases with a much slower pace....The moderators learning to deal with and adapting to changing times (most of them doing a great job, considering all the new things coming up: Thanks). I shed a tear now and then, for happiness if somebody I was looking out for was identified after decades. Sadness for seeing where this world is going...cases, circumstances getting crazier all the time. But there is always a laugh.... Thanks for letting me see there are still beautiful people around.

Happy new year to you Trisha and all fellow WS members and lurkers and of course our mods.
Having spent 22 years in the UK Police and working as a Detective for 18 of those 22 years before a very serious accident at work and subsequent serious injury finished my very much loved career as I was paralysed chasing a murder suspect, I can honestly say that had I not have had to cease my career in 2010, once I found Websleuths, I would have loved to have put it into practice and encompassed the investigative ideas that are put forth by WS MEMBERS , in my murder and serious crime investigations and within my role of Crime Manager in charge of the Criminal investigation department (CID) and my role of Senior Investigative Officer (SIO)..
Without doubt there are some excellent ideas and creative investigative suggestions put forth by some WS members and I often find myself thinking how useful a tool that WS would have been for me. I have always said that as the leader/Boss/Crime manager/SIO of the Major incident enquiry undertaken , I don’t solve the crime. It’s solved collectively by members of my team under my direction, working together and putting forth ideas that sometimes seem far fetched and out of the box ,however ,without everybody’s important input and ideas , often these crimes wouldn’t be solved and I personally extend this to include WS members. So never underestimate the value and power of your ideas to help solve these crimes fellow WS members because everybody’s input is important and helps collectively to resolve and solve many a crime.
I am proud to be part of WS and you are all truly wonderful selfless people, with a common aim of helping others.
My only other comment is for Tricia and that is that I don’t know how WS is funded other than slight advertising revenue and I for one would be more than happy to contribute an annual fee , even just a few small £ or $ to keep WS running and to pay for future improvement as well as upkeep.
Anyway, I will stop waffling now other than to say that I wish you all peace, love and good health and happiness in this forthcoming decade and healing for those that need it x

WOW Angleterra, What an amazing story. Thank you for being a part of Websleuths. We would love it if you ever want to become a verified member. That way you can post about your knowledge in police work in GB and not have to worry about backing anything up with a link. Becoming verified frees you to post freely about your experiences. Just a thought. Follow the instructions HERE if you want to be verified.

As far as donations I appreciate your offer. That is very kind.

What anyone can do is join my Patreon channel for 5.00 a month. I apologize because my page on Patreon is in need of a lot of work but you can listen to my podcasts and donate at the same time if you want. CLICK HERE.

I'll be back to answer more of your posts.

Please know how much I appreciate your participation on Websleuths. Thank you.

Tricia

Murder of Nubia Barahona - Wikipedia

2020, nine years ago Nubia Barahona was killed by her adoptive father. There is still no trial date set! Next year, it will be ten years that this killer has manipulated the criminal justice system to run around setting a court date for his trial. Nubia was ten years old when she was killed, after suffering years of torture and abuse.

Hoping for a trial this year. It is a death penalty case.

Happy 2020, everyone. I am home finally after being in Berlin for 10 days and I missed websleuths so much that as soon as I got some sleep, I went to lurk. I love this forum so much and its missions. As a youngish person (i will be 27 this year), it was truly refreshing to find a true crime platform as good as this. I am convinced more people will be identified this year too!

WOW Angleterra, What an amazing story. Thank you for being a part of Websleuths. We would love it if you ever want to become a verified member. That way you can post about your knowledge in police work in GB and not have to worry about backing anything up with a link. Becoming verified frees you to post freely about your experiences. Just a thought. Follow the instructions HERE if you want to be verified.

As far as donations I appreciate your offer. That is very kind.

What anyone can do is join my Patreon channel for 5.00 a month. I apologize because my page on Patreon is in need of a lot of work but you can listen to my podcasts and donate at the same time if you want. CLICK HERE.

I'll be back to answer more of your posts.

Please know how much I appreciate your participation on Websleuths. Thank you.

Tricia
Thank you so much Trisha
I will do the VI now
I appreciate you taking the time out to reply to my post
Again, thank you and happy new year

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads