OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Harley Dilly was last seen at Port Clinton High School wearing maroon puffer jacket on Friday. The teen is reportedly 4 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 101 pounds.

Port Clinton teen reported missing

e8f48b2b-73cc-4407-8c92-ebf569580ae4-missingteen.jpg

Previous threads:
OH - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Youth UPDATE: Friends, our officers are continuing to investigate ANY and ALL leads involving Harley's disappearance.

WHEN he is located, WE will notify everyone here on our Facebook Page.

PLEASE stop posting that he has been located, unless WE the POLICE have actually notified you!

Our phone lines are busy enough without having to deal with “rumors”!

Thank you,

Chief Hickman

Port Clinton Police Department

That newest Drip find is a good one! I know someone posted that they were able to find his reddit profile awhile back. Looking at it, there was nothing suspicious. MOO Just a lot of gaming & football stuff. However, that really means nothing the more I think about it MOO.
The stalker thing is concerning. Let's say, HD got info somehow that the stalker would be looking for him on his way to school. So, first HD could have trying the angle of not going to school. Mom wasn't buying it, so he left earlier than usual to throw the stalker off.

Great finds to those of you who have located the Drip messages!

Gaps in SM presence among his gaming circle would be concerning. Look into it. Not talking about HD and not trying to say too much. MOO
I saw in the discord channel someone posted that HD was missing. They were letting the people there know and NO ONE said a word. It was like they weren't concerned at all. There wasn't a "bummer" or a "that sucks" at all. They could have taken that into a private room but the area it was stated in it was crickets.

Yes I am THAT much into monitoring my child I am even on discord,

I saw in the discord channel someone posted that HD was missing. They were letting the people there know and NO ONE said a word. It was like they weren't concerned at all. There wasn't a "bummer" or a "that sucks" at all. They could have taken that into a private room but the area it was stated in it was crickets.

Yes I am THAT much into monitoring my child I am even on discord,

Good, good parent for monitoring!

How sad they commenter's don't care. His YT shows a lot of love.

I just spent a good 30 mins reviewing the last pages of the old thread. Oh boy, it looks bleak.

Poor Harley. I don't think he met up with someone. There would be some sort of evidence, I would imagine.

I hate to think this, but at this point ...
Is it possible with the snow and ice, dogs cannot find him? I do not know how well the canines work in those conditions.
There are a lot if rural farm fields that people may not enter til spring. Is there hunting in the area?
They seem to have the terrible luck of finding the remains that searchers miss.

I don't want to feel this way, I've been crying for this boy for two weeks.

I want him found safe most, but ultimately I want an answer. Missing is the worst possibility for a family. No answers, no closure.

I think a lot of people let Harley down. But that doesn't mean he's not missed and they're not suffering.

Oh Harley, if you could only see how many people care for you.

*edited for grammar

Port Clinton being an hour from Cleveland, and Cleveland being the 5th largest human trafficking city is more than a good reason for concern.

The #1 source for human traffickers to find their victims is social media, and it's clear there was no shortage of that for Harley.

With no sightings and this long of a wait, I would imagine the search has expanded quite a bit location wise.

Harley Dilly Update, Sunday, January 5th, 2020

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

Please continue to share the Live PD video, which is located on our page or through Live PD on A&E.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

I continue to ask that you give us a couple more days to complete the searches that we need to accomplish before you begin searching on your own. Please understand that we will be continuing to search for Harley, however I know that you want to assist as well.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

** REWARD UPDATE, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 ***

$10,075.00 for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY

On Saturday, January 4th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $250.00 from Dwight D. Ramsdell.

On Friday, January 3rd, 2020, we received a check for $500.00 from Firelands Plumbing, LLC.

On Thursday, January 2nd, 2020, we received a check for $2,200.00 from RadAir Complete Car Care.

On Monday, December 30th, 2019 we received a check for $125.00 from Catawba Island Jewelers.

On Saturday, December 28th, 2019 we received a check for $2,000.00 from the owners and employees of Fisherman’s Wharf and BeYoutiful Hair/Nail Salon.

On Thursday, December 26th, 2019 we received a check for $1,000.00 from Susan & James Waingrow.

We have just been contacted by the Sandusky Co-Founder of Bikers Against Abused And Neglected Children (B.A.A.N.C.), who have graciously committed an additional $2,000.00 to the REWARD regarding information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY...

The Port Clinton Police Department along with Ottawa County Prosecutor, James VanEerten is offering a $2,000.00 REWARD for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY…

HARLEY was last seen on December 20th, 2019 in Port Clinton, Ohio, as Harley was leaving for school between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00am but never arrived. He was last seen wearing glasses, grey sweatpants, a maroon “puffy” jacket, and black tennis shoes. Law enforcement is concerned for his safety.

Race/Ethnicity: White

Height: 4’9”

Weight: 100 lbs

Hair color: Brown

Eye Color: Green

PLEASE contact the Port Clinton Police Department at;

(419) 734-3121.

OR:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at;

(800) 843-5678.

Chief Hickman

That newest Drip find is a good one! I know someone posted that they were able to find his reddit profile awhile back. Looking at it, there was nothing suspicious. MOO Just a lot of gaming & football stuff. However, that really means nothing the more I think about it MOO.
The stalker thing is concerning. Let's say, HD got info somehow that the stalker would be looking for him on his way to school. So, first HD could have trying the angle of not going to school. Mom wasn't buying it, so he left earlier than usual to throw the stalker off.

Great finds to those of you who have located the Drip messages!

It was a good find (previous thread) but I would have thought that police/fbi would be looking over his social media with a fine tooth comb. I am more confused now about this case.

A positive change has now been made in our household. My daughter has now deleted all vids posted and the app TikTok is removed and blocked from our devices. Though gd’s vids are completely innocent with no red flags, not everyone’s are. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this little boy and my concerns for all kids. Harley has made a difference in our lives.

15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
  • The first is 'MeetMe,' an app where teens can easily be in contact with users much older than them, with an emphasis on dating.
  • 'WhatsApp' and 'SnapChat' are for messaging, but what you should know is teens can send unlimited messages, have video chats and even share their live location with other users, people they may not even know.
  • 'Skout' is a flirting app that's used to meet and chat with new people. Teens and adults are in different groups, but ages aren’t verified.
  • 'TikTok' is used for sharing user created videos that can contain bad words, even adult content.
  • 'Badoo' and 'Bumble' are dating apps for adults, but teens can still find ways to join.
  • 'Grindr' is geared towards the LGBTQ community. It allows users to share photos and meet up based on phone’s GPS location.
  • 'Kik' is specifically for kids, but anyone can join and anyone can contact or direct message your child.
  • 'LiveMe' is a live streaming app, but you don’t know who’s watching and your kids location is revealed.
  • 'Holla' is all about connecting strangers around the world through video chat. Enough said.
  • 'Whisper' is a social confessional where kids can remain anonymous, but still share their feelings. And it can reveal your child’s location for a meet up.
  • 'ASKfm' encourages people to allow anonymous users to ask them questions, which opens the door for online bullying.
  • 'Hot or Not' rates users on attractiveness.. There’s no age verification and users can send each other messages.
  • And lastly, 'Calculator%' apps are several secret apps that allows kids to hide their photos, videos, even browser history.

DBM

Last edited:
I think it is possible that the madden video could have been overlooked because it was very long, had virtually no audio, & contained mostly in interesting gaming things. The only msg I saw typed was the drip-stalker one. MOO and I did ff through a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa