Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, no one is really mentioning the race issue. So I may get jumped on here. But the last time I was in Alabama racial tension still seemed to be a problem. Depending on the type of bar that she supposedly was at, at least a few people might have noticed who she was talking with and who she left with, simply from the aspect of race.

The description given regarding two men seemed coined to feed racism. And there’s no proof (we know of) that it ever happened.

Maybe she left in that way and maybe race is no longer an issue in that area, I certainly hope it is a thing of the past. But my gut says that description was given with a purpose.

JMO

OK, no one is really mentioning the race issue. So I may get jumped on here. But the last time I was in Alabama racial tension still seemed to be a problem. Depending on the type of bar that she supposedly was at, at least a few people might have noticed who she was talking with and who she left with, simply from the aspect of race.

The description given regarding two men seemed coined to feed racism. And there’s no proof (we know of) that it ever happened.

Maybe she left in that way and maybe race is no longer an issue in that area, I certainly hope it is a thing of the past. But my gut says that description was given with a purpose.

JMO

Oh it has for sure been mentioned. Particularly in the last thread.

I'm sorry, Warwick7, I saw it on one of the sites that don't fall into the MSM (mainstream media?) category. Wish I could disclose it, but no...
As the mods often say, if you can't link it, you can't post it/discuss it. This keeps the threads from being shut down and having rumor posts (and replies, and quotes) removed one by one. Best to avoid that and avoid giving the mods annoying work to do, and keeping the thread open. :)

Parents don't want to know the things their daughters do when they're not with them, believe me.

Agreed we don’t. But most of us mom’s know anyway and love our children anyway. And in PH’s case, with her history, I’m certain her parents are more than aware of what she has done. Even more the reason they know her best. IMO

Definitely agree. The house has been vacant long enough for it to have been well known as empty. It could have been used as a drug house or a place for people to hang out and drink, or just crash — anything really.

Word gets around and many people could have regarded it as a good place to bury a body, even more so as a place of opportunity if something happened during activities in the house or (very) nearby. It’s risky to carry a body in a car, especially if the driver is impaired and at more risk of being stopped.

It’s also a lot easier to drag a wrapped body a short distance than it is to put it in the trunk of a car, especially if only one person was involved and that person is Either impaired or not especially strong.

If something did not happen in the house it seems less of an ideal location. Too many other places would be away from homes.

It seems like a terrible place to leave a body after a premeditated murder.

just thinking out loud because this entire case is confusing. But I still do not think she left the bar with the two men described and do not think she sent the text message herself, but do believe the killer is someone she knew. There is more to this.

JMO

Agree that it must have been known to someone involved. The house is on a dead end street. It's one thing to drive past a house regularly and notice it becoming vacant. It's quite another for someone who will ultimately need a place to dump a body to find it on accident.
I'm unclear on whether anything happened in the house though. The DA did not mention anything in her interview on Friday. Do we think CSI was there long enough to also process the house? Maybe one of the previous clandestine searches confirmed where the actual death took place. Or in a car that they have in custody. Just some thoughts.

If LE came out and said “we believe she was there and she left with two men,” I would believe that.

They haven’t.

They’ve repeated what the missing person’s report said, with the exception of commenting that there is no video that shows two men that match the description supplied by that witness.

If there was an once of corroboration, I’d tend to buy the narrative.

Bingo. At this point, I'm strongly suspecting the two heavy set black dudes are related to the two hispanic women in the Sheri Papini case. And that infamous, elusive nanny...

(ETA: FTR I haven’t been on Social Media at all, so I have no idea who the players are and what is supposedly going on on the back end, moo.)

I haven't either. It's pretty easy to sleuth away on SM but it just muddies the water since SO much of what you find is baloney, rumor, and more baloney. So, I choose to just avoid it.

Ok, new to WS and this is my first post.

I keep seeing lots of back and forth on here regarding whether or not there has been any confirmation or corroboration about the friend/co-worker’s description of events. Here is my take...

All of the initial reports I have seen from MSM, LE, and the parents are worded as though the information they had at the time was what was reported from the friend (other than maybe PH telling her parents she had plans to go to the bar). I’m neutral here, but the story only coming from the friend is not confirmation. Also doesn’t mean the friend is lying.

What I find interesting is how MSM and LE appear to be backing off the initial narrative by pointing out they have no footage of the men described...also does not mean the friend is lying. If anyone has links they can post that show LE or MSM stating the original story has been actually confirmed (not just what the friend’s report), please do so! I think would be super helpful to everyone!

The text message has seemed off to me from the beginning but that doesn’t necessarily point to the friend, IMHO. It could point to anyone trying to misdirect the initial investigation.

The friend not showing up for the ribbon hanging doesn’t really bother me either. My thought here is this friend could already have a lawyer who advised her to stay away from public situations such as this. Having a lawyer at this point in no way points to potential guilt, IMHO. If I was one of the last known people to have been with a missing/deceased person you bet I would be consulting a lawyer.

Ok, new to WS and this is my first post.

I keep seeing lots of back and forth on here regarding whether or not there has been any confirmation or corroboration about the friend/co-worker’s description of events. Here is my take...

All of the initial reports I have seen from MSM, LE, and the parents are worded as though the information they had at the time was what was reported from the friend (other than maybe PH telling her parents she had plans to go to the bar). I’m neutral here, but the story only coming from the friend is not confirmation. Also doesn’t mean the friend is lying.

What I find interesting is how MSM and LE appear to be backing off the initial narrative by pointing out they have no footage of the men described...also does not mean the friend is lying. If anyone has links they can post that show LE or MSM stating the original story has been actually confirmed (not just what the friend’s report), please do so! I think would be super helpful to everyone!

The text message has seemed off to me from the beginning but that doesn’t necessarily point to the friend, IMHO. It could point to anyone trying to misdirect the initial investigation.

The friend not showing up for the ribbon hanging doesn’t really bother me either. My thought here is this friend could already have a lawyer who advised her to stay away from public situations such as this. Having a lawyer at this point in no way points to potential guilt, IMHO. If I was one of the last known people to have been with a missing/deceased person you bet I would be consulting a lawyer.
Welcome to WS! Great first post.

I did get there about 20 minutes late b/c of conflicting info on MSM & not wanting to bother PH uncle with additional phone calls... but I’m pretty sure I saw everyone who was there. She could have stopped by & left between 12:30-12:50 though, I suppose.
If I was her, and innocent, I’m not sure I wouldn’t go either...she is getting crucified on SM and probably crazies sending death threats etc. she might be scared.

TRAFFIC CAMERAS
@Margharita25 mentioned traffic cameras....great thought!
We have no idea in what car, where, or when PH was taken to Hueytown...
But, attached is a map showing the locations of ALDOT's traffic cams.
For reference, I marked the most direct route from the Tin Roof to Hueytown.
Here is the link if you'd like to poke around a but more.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 8.28.23 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 8.28.23 AM copy.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 32
I think that this is a lovely tribute, and wouldn't it be nice if there was at least one national tribute every year to remember our missing, and perhaps bring forward these cases again in hopes of getting new leads/answers? A legacy of hope. There have been cases solved after decades. One should never give up hope. Every single missing person matters, no matter their situation. The Houston family has shown amazing grace and poise under the most heartbreaking circumstances.
Trussville painted yellow for Paighton Houston

I have been following this case from the beginning and one thing that has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) is what time PH and her friend (or friends) allegedly arrived at the Tin Roof. A lot of talk about when the band started (10:30) and when PH left with the mystery men (10:45) and whether she was really there at all. Suppose all the activity started right after work say at 5 or 6 or even 7? And in the course of this something bad happened? She may have been deceased by say 9:00. So what to do? In order to deflect attention from guilty individuals they made up a story about seeing her leave TR, bring her debit card into TR and drop on floor. I have found out there is no cover charge at door so this could easily occur. In this scenario she may have even been buried by 12:15 - the same time the cryptic text was sent (another attempt to deflect from the actual event.) Of course this is all just a theory and my opinion only. This may contradict all MSM info but at this point I don't think we can believe any of it.

I have been following this case from the beginning and one thing that has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) is what time PH and her friend (or friends) allegedly arrived at the Tin Roof. A lot of talk about when the band started (10:30) and when PH left with the mystery men (10:45) and whether she was really there at all. Suppose all the activity started right after work say at 5 or 6 or even 7? And in the course of this something bad happened? She may have been deceased by say 9:00. So what to do? In order to deflect attention from guilty individuals they made up a story about seeing her leave TR, bring her debit card into TR and drop on floor. I have found out there is no cover charge at door so this could easily occur. In this scenario she may have even been buried by 12:15 - the same time the cryptic text was sent (another attempt to deflect from the actual event.) Of course this is all just a theory and my opinion only. This may contradict all MSM info but at this point I don't think we can believe any of it.
That’s a big missing piece of the puzzle and why it’s difficult to put together a time line. We don’t know when anyone left work or if PH drove directly to her co workers home or where she left her car for that matter. And if she did go directly there and leave her car there how long was she there? Who else was there? When did they leave? Did they stop anywhere for dinner? Did they hit another place for Happy hour? So many questions with so much time unaccounted for. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth