Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fact that supports my theory is the amount of time that LE spent at the Chapel Dr. house, maybe 24 hours? And 1/2 that time it was raining and LE not even doing their investigation, so let's say LE actively spent 12 hours at that house, maybe? They were there just for the body? If they had thought that house was the crime scene, wouldn't they have been there for days, collecting fingerprints off all the trash? DNA off each soda bottle? They left all the trash in the side yard. They knew exactly where to find the body, and went and retrieved and left. Makes me think they do not suspect that is the place that she died, just the dump spot....IMO maybe they just verified that "cloth" was the sheet from the coworkers bed.....or some other similar scenario.....all MO.
I like everything in this scenario. One minor exception is that LE said that they were to return to the house next next day(s) to finish processing the scene (paraphrased). This was from MSM. If I remember correctly, the Jeffco LE representative who spoke at the site said this.

IMO, that’s a lot of work for an unplanned murder.
I agree, which is what keeps me considering alternatives. That said, I imagine a panicked reaction could lead to a sloppy cover up story that has some truths (perhaps bought drugs earlier in bham from 2 large men &were at TR) and leaving her at a known location (where they previously played softball and/or used). May not take as much effort or work that you allude to. Adrenaline when in fight/flight mode can also lead to unusual/unlikely even behavior.

That’s sort of where I am. And I have no doubt in my mind that LE knows more. I also agree that in the vast majority of cases, information such as this would have been made public, but in this particular instance, IMO, I don’t know if it’s safe to assume anything.

Here is what I found:
“‘I know she left our home Friday morning for work and was in contact with her family throughout the day,’ [Paighton Houston’s mother], Charlaine Houston said.”
Trussville family makes plea for missing daughter’s return

Charlaine told Inside Edition that not hearing from her daughter was very uncharacteristic. ‘She called when she got to work. She called when she went on break and then when she was leaving.’”
Body of Missing Alabama Woman, Paighton Houston, Found in Shallow Grave

But in the video that accompanies the article, her mom actually tells the reporter, “She calls me when she gets to work. She calls me when she leaves. She calls me on her break.” Personally, I don’t get the impression that she is talking specifically about the day Paighton went missing, but rather, IMO, she is describing her daughter’s typical behavior:

ETA: Please let me know if it has been confirmed elsewhere that Paighton was indeed at work on December 20th. Definitely would like to know.

Couldn't agree more! Thank you for the links. I thought I had read that but couldn’t recall for sure.

That’s sort of where I am. And I have no doubt in my mind that LE knows more. I also agree that in the vast majority of cases, information such as this would have been made public, but in this particular instance, IMO, I don’t know if it’s safe to assume anything.

Here is what I found:
“‘I know she left our home Friday morning for work and was in contact with her family throughout the day,’ [Paighton Houston’s mother], Charlaine Houston said.”

Charlaine told Inside Edition that not hearing from her daughter was very uncharacteristic. ‘She called when she got to work. She called when she went on break and then when she was leaving.’”

But in the video that accompanies the article, her mom actually tells the reporter, “She calls me when she gets to work. She calls me when she leaves. She calls me on her break.” Personally, I don’t get the impression that she is talking specifically about the day Paighton went missing, but rather, IMO, she is describing her daughter’s typical behavior:

ETA: Please let me know if it has been confirmed elsewhere that Paighton was indeed at work on December 20th. Definitely would like to know.

Also, did her mother say she came home from work on Friday then departed for the Tin Roof Bar or did she not return home from work?

I was under the impression she had returned home, probably changed, then went out to join co-workers at the bar, but reading those comments now I think she did not return home from work.

How far from work was the bar?

If so, then there's at least 4-5 hours that she is supposedly in the company of her co-worker(s) at the bar before the reported 10:45 disappearance.
My after-work socializing experiences is that 4 hours is a long time to be in a bar drinking and most everyone would be fairly intoxicated before the music was to start at 11 pm!

And clearly her mom would have been texting her during that time.

If we are not sure she was ever in the bar then there is a lot of time to be accounted for before the 12:15 "Trouble" text.
'

https://www.rocketcitynow.com/news/...hton-houston--launched-to-support-her-family/
This article mentions the particulars and I wanted to quote her family from the article.
"..describes Paighton as “a child of God, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a niece, a cousin and a friend. She was full of life and laughter and could light up a room. She loved big and with her whole heart.”

If PH was using that night, wouldn't most of the others in the group be also?

Wouldn't they, too, have been affected by an OD or near OD?

Why would there be one person still capable of coming up with the subterfuge of the text, the card at the bar, the story of the events, the burial, the co-w0rker "returning home" at the stated time?

Then that makes something happening before leaving work a possibility, surely not.

Also, did her mother say she came home from work on Friday then departed for the Tin Roof Bar or did she not return home from work?

I was under the impression she had returned home, probably changed, then went out to join co-workers at the bar, but reading those comments now I think she did not return home from work.

How far from work was the bar?

If so, then there's at least 4-5 hours that she is supposedly in the company of her co-worker(s) at the bar before the reported 10:45 disappearance.
My after-work socializing experiences is that 4 hours is a long time to be in a bar drinking and most everyone would be fairly intoxicated before the music was to start at 11 pm!

And clearly her mom would have been texting her during that time.

If we are not sure she was ever in the bar then there is a lot of time to be accounted for before the 12:15 "Trouble" text.
'

LE will know where PH's phone was during this timeframe, unless it was dead which seems unlikely. They will also know where her last text came from, and possibly where the phone was and or traveled afterward.

So LE has good evidence of her whereabouts that night, whether she was at the bar etc, but this is info we don't have.

Since the last text was questionable in content, it is unknown if PH sent it.

Interesting that it states multiple!

Jumping off your post. CBS 42 Jan 3rd

The news anchor at the desk states, "A tip, in the search for PH." 23 sec mark in video

Tim Reid, reporting at the scene says the DA tells us, "They received several tips to search this house," at the 43 sec mark.

Last edited:

Why would there be one person still capable of coming up with the subterfuge of the text, the card at the bar, the story of the events, the burial, the co-w0rker "returning home" at the stated time?
Possibly. Dosages may affect individuals differently based on built up tolerance, etc. It is also possible they were not all using. But you bring up a valid point. It wouldn't be difficult to stage an OD with a known recovering addict. MOO

Here is what I found:

Rewatching this video is heart crushing. All her unopened presents just sitting there and them leaving the tree up until she comes home. I pray if LE knows more than they are releasing, that they at least give this grieving family some much needed answers. The not knowing on all these cases drives me crazy, so I can’t begin to imagine how the families feel.

Okay I see a public Justice for Paighton page on Facebook. I know some of those are allowed. I believ it to be run by a family member. Is that allowed? Actually, I am not sure it is run by a famiky member but her sister in law is posting to that page and her mother shared a post in private from the page.

Thanks for asking proctorlites but that page will not be approved.

Yes, Paighton's sister in law's name is found 12 times on that page but is not actually posting on that page. The page is simply using the SIL's name and linking to the SIL's fundraising page (a common technique for website admins to make us think the family is posting there).

With some background knowledge and snooping a bit on that page, I have pretty much come to the conclusion that the page has an affiliation with a group that is not a WS approved source.

ETA: I could be wrong, but I don't think so ;)

Last edited:

More importantly what’s the point of going to great lengths to fabricate a crazy story and burry a body if no one is at risk of criminal charges?

If LE determines and discloses the death date it may be very informative. I think they should be able to approximate this but they only announce an administratively assigned date, such as the date of the discovery of the remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member