GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if these dates have been posted but these are the next court dates for TJ.

01/31/2020
Pretrial Conference
Session:
01/31/2020 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
02/25/2020
Jury Trial
Session:
02/25/2020 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
@tresir2012 if they have not been posted, how do you know they are the next court dates? Do you happen to have inside knowledge to RM or TJ?

Not sure if these dates have been posted but these are the next court dates for TJ.

01/31/2020
Pretrial Conference
Session:
01/31/2020 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
02/25/2020
Jury Trial
Session:
02/25/2020 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
@tresir2012 if they have not been posted, how do you know they are the next court dates? Do you happen to have inside knowledge to RM or TJ?

I meant I didn't know if they had been posted on here. I was looking at the Mycase and noticed these dates which I had not seen anywhere before. May have missed if someone else has posted them already. This is publically available court data.

It looks like she looked them up in the court site....

That's right, yes I did.

For future reference, only member‘s of Websleuth’s that have been Verified as an Insider by Tricia would actually have inside knowledge.
Members here have resources. One example of a resource would be Mycase.in.gov which is what tresir2012 utilized to obtain information on court dates/proceedings.
Hope that helps...
MOO

Did any happen to notice the filling the state filed on mycase on 1-2-2020?
01/02/2020
Notice to Court Filed
Black Giglio Disclosure
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/02/2020
I think there was a typo on black. When I googled it it comes up as Brady Giglio?
From what I could tell, when I read up on this. It looks like it could be the credibility of an officer? Wonder if something was not done correctly during the investigation?? Will be interesting to see what this is about.

01/02/2020
Notice to Court Filed
Black Giglio Disclosure
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/02/2020
I think there was a typo on black. When I googled it it comes up as Brady Giglio?
From what I could tell, when I read up on this. It looks like it could be the credibility of an officer? Wonder if something was not done correctly during the investigation?? Will be interesting to see what this is about.

I hope it's a typo. Here's what I got when I googled:
upload_2020-1-5_18-52-40.png
Maybe "auto complete" was depending on someone's christmas list? :);)
IMO

I hope it's a typo. Here's what I got when I googled:
View attachment 223918
Maybe "auto complete" was depending on someone's christmas list? :);)
IMO
Oh No! The Black Giglio! Ive long feared those and have been told since I was a little boy to keep a little real estate between them and myself.
we’ll see what happens.
Moo

Oh No! The Black Giglio! Ive long feared those and have been told since I was a little boy to keep a little real estate between them and myself.
we’ll see what happens.
Moo
?? What does your comment mean?

01/02/2020
Notice to Court Filed
Black Giglio Disclosure
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/02/2020
I did notice.
He may well get away with murder.

Pleading insanity AND
impeaching character of police/witnesses.

So which is it?
Being crazy or the police are lying.

Ryan was hit multiple times in the head, he was strangled with something then stuffed in TJs closet.
TJ lied to police when they came by trying to locate Ryan.

Manahan trying wear down the prosecutor.

I did notice.
He may well get away with murder.

Pleading insanity AND
impeaching character of police/witnesses.

So which is it?
Being crazy or the police are lying.

Ryan was hit multiple times in the head, he was strangled with something then stuffed in TJs closet.
TJ lied to police when they came by trying to locate Ryan.

Manahan trying wear down the prosecutor.
It looks like Manahan isn't the one that made that motion. The state filed it. From what I read online,state has to file giglio motion if any officer has been in trouble for doing something that could question their credibility. IMO this case has been very strange. I wonder if we will find out why giglio motion was filed? Would be interesting to see

Both the 404B and Giglio are basically what character evidence is allowed in court.
404b TJs prior behaviors.
Giglio is police and witness prior behaviors.

If TJ pleaded plain old guilty "I was jealous and I killed the guy" he almost certainly would get less than 40 years and probably be out in far less than ten.
MOO insanity defense risks getting a lot more time by adding in a
a mental institution stay and then prison.

Pretrial 1/31.
The trial 2/25.

Both the 404B and Giglio are basically what character evidence is allowed in court.
404b TJs prior behaviors.
Giglio is police and witness prior behaviors.

If TJ pleaded plain old guilty "I was jealous and I killed the guy" he almost certainly would get less than 40 years and probably be out in far less than ten.
MOO insanity defense risks getting a lot more time by adding in a
a mental institution stay and then prison.

Pretrial 1/31.
The trial 2/25.
When you do a mental illness plea, isn't it the same time? I thought it just means you go to a hospital and not prison.

When you do a mental illness plea, isn't it the same time? I thought it just means you go to a hospital and not prison.
I beieve in Indiana "guilty but insane" a common jury finding in insanity pleas, means the defendant first goes to an insitution to stabilize, then after that, starts their prison sentence.

we’ll see what happens.
Moo

ROFL

Just checking in to see if any new info. Looks like Jasper has a good lawyer. Wanting to see the officers files so no stone unturned. Yet having the body and the bloody sofa cushions in your cupboard says it all really. MOO.

Last edited:
ROFL

Just checking in to see if any new info. Looks like Jasper has a good lawyer. Wanting to see the officers files so no stone unturned. Yet having the body and the bloody sofa cushions in your cupboard says it all really. MOO.
What do you mean by "wanting to see the officers file" when I read what the giglio was it looks like it's something procuctor files. IMO it's not TJ lawyer that question it. But who knows. I wonder if it will be known to public what it was filed for? I'll be interested to see if they have a trial in Feb. Imo I bet it gets moved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaraJune2288
Back