Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the one that posted about Wal-Mart. I still think that is a possibility if she was in a deep grave.

Now I'm not so sure she just wasn't tossed in a small hole in the ground and covered in trash.

I have a couple different roles in the Real Estate industry and I have been to my fair share of nasty, disgusting abandoned foreclosed homes. I've seen some interesting things.....many houses that look like this and worse! I saw one house that must have had 5,000 beer cans all piled up in the backyard. It was literally a MOUNTAIN of beer cans.

I joked that I could bag it up and bring into my kids elementary school to earn pop top points! That would get the suburban housewives talking :)

The one thing I can tell you that I never see at these homes are tools! I think b/c they are easily pawned by junkies. Again I can't speak to this house, but I would not be surprised if anything of value, especially tools, not nailed down at that house was taken long ago......
I believe you, about the things you see left behind at abandoned properties. You totally should have bagged Beer Mountain! :)

In this case though, the MSM articles (links have been posted many times) it appears the resident has only been gone for a few months at best. I'm sure that's plenty of time for any tools, such as a shovel, to be stolen but somehow I'm just not getting that vibe here. I think this house has only very recently been used as a sort of party house and the stuff left behind is still there.

moo.

I wonder if there were a lot of needles in the trash?

This was my first thought when I saw the house, “needles”. Looks just like the needle houses (and crack houses) I used to see on COPS, etc.

I would flat out refuse to work that crime scene. I’d get fired. Actually, I’d never apply for that job to begin with. God Bless em. Just like the LE who literally comb through trash at the dump for remains.

Last edited:
The pictures from the house are super concerning, to me. Looks like it’s turned more into a seedy party spot than a trap house.

Depending on when (or if) we ever find out for certain that PH was at the Tin Roof...and if we get a certain timeline between work at the supposed visit to TR...I have new thoughts about what could have happened.

Doesn't look like any place I would have ever partied. :eek:

So, I had to look up "trap house" as I'd never heard that expression until thread. I used to live across the street from a crack house (crack hoes included) but that was in the 80s and I wasn't aware of the evolution in terminology:

Urban Dictionary: traphouse

<modsnip>

So far, to my knowledge, none of the other people in that bar on that night have been interviewed and said they also saw the big black dudes. Or her, leaving with them. In fact the surveillance video of the bar that night has been examined and does not show the people that have been described.

"Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with." B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

from the same linky.....

Officers believe Houston willingly left the Tin Roof bar with two heavy set black men on Friday, December 20, based on information provided in the missing persons report.

Houston’s family said she was at the bar that night with friends from work. One of those friends contacted Houston’s family and told them she left the bar with the two men and appeared to do so willing, according to Houston’s brother, Evan.

Well if not straight that probably eliminates one possible reason for leaving with the guys if any of this is true.

from the same linky.....

Officers believe Houston willingly left the Tin Roof bar with two heavy set black men on Friday, December 20, based on information provided in the missing persons report.

Houston’s family said she was at the bar that night with friends from work. One of those friends contacted Houston’s family and told them she left the bar with the two men and appeared to do so willing, according to Houston’s brother, Evan.

BBM- Most importantly, they believe that based on information in the missing persons report, which was exclusively provided by the co-worker.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Yeah they didn't look like normal cams to me either, but then I thought of Arlo type wireless cams which look sort of weird. Clearly there are cams though, since LE has looked over the footage and didn't see the 2 black dudes. Hmm... :rolleyes:

I'm callin' 'em locking outdoor outlets.....

Attachments

• 41hrhmmyoZL._SR500,500_.jpg
    41hrhmmyoZL._SR500,500_.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5

So, I had to look up "trap house" as I'd never heard that expression until thread. I used to live across the street from a crack house (crack hoes included) but that was in the 80s and I wasn't aware of the evolution in terminology:

Having a traphouse or a house that has people constantly coming and going even if it's just innocent partying is VERY annoying. And people notice that something is going on. If that was a traphouse or a party house, the people around knew about it for sure.

from the same linky.....

I'm so confusedo_O Think I'm gonna take a break and make some nachos!:p

(Same here)

Me neither. Just a familiar scene where I'm from. (Not far from Birmingham....) There's a crowd that parties at these type of houses - and it's very specific.

Thought it was odd. The original reports referred to it as a hole, never a grave. And I'm thinking it was a hole....I guess deep enough to hold a body, not necessarily laying as you think of a grave. Morbid, I know, which is why I didn't post before.

Random thoughts at the end of the day... take 'em for what they're worth:

- Way too many posts on this thread with veiled sort of hinty-hinterson comments, likely coming from SM. Dude(s)... stop it. WS isn't a rumor mill. Leave that junk off here. Please.

- Do the police believe she was at the bar? NOTE: They never actually said they saw her on video. That means something.

- Unless named POI or Suspect, not a word, even veiled or hinty-hinterson can be said about friends, family, co-workers, pizza delivery dude or anyone else remotely or otherwise. So... don't.

I just don't want to see the thread shut down.

Me neither. Just a familiar scene where I'm from. (Not far from Birmingham....) There's a crowd that parties at these type of houses - and it's very specific.
I wonder if the trap house stuff is a generational thing. I’m in my early 30’s and it’s a phrase I feel like friends my age use with familiarity, but it could also be due to my past life experiences, and the type of music I sometimes listen to.

Random thoughts at the end of the day... take 'em for what they're worth:

- Way too many posts on this thread with veiled sort of hinty-hinterson comments, likely coming from SM. Dude(s)... stop it. WS isn't a rumor mill. Leave that junk off here. Please.

- Do the police believe she was at the bar? NOTE: They never actually said they saw her on video. That means something.

- Unless named POI or Suspect, not a word, even veiled or hinty-hinterson can be said about friends, family, co-workers, pizza delivery dude or anyone else remotely or otherwise. So... don't.

I just don't want to see the thread shut down.
Thanks for that. It was beginning to sound in here a lot like the Redditt threads I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam