Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like her family was close and that they were really supportive of her..so I just can't for the life of me figure out why she would text a co-worker instead of her brother or mom if she really felt like she was in trouble...

I've erred away from wanting to think that it was the co-worker, but I start trying to picture myself if I felt I was in harms way. I wouldn't text a co-worker, even if I was with them that night or planned to be with them.
I've considered this, too. I may text a co-worker or "friend" if I had not been honest about my whereabouts with my family and closer friends though. MOO

It could be a spot for a septic tank. Could be unrelated altogether, but it certain gives you chills seeing that spot knowing what was there or close by.

Looks like what we call a "shower hole". Made by the rain, standing water.

ETA: we have the same soil mix as Bama. We have huge ones in the yard. You could play bunker golf

Last edited:
I thought a trap house was called a trap house bc drug addicts end up trapped up buying dope there (you can checkout any time you like but you can never leave, so to speak) and if you get caught at a trap house by the police your *advertiser censored** is usually trapped bc theure coming in both doors lol.

A bit behind... But I guess LE doesn't know who supplied the tip that led to finding PH? When the tip line says anonymous I guess it really is or someone would be arrested by now. MOO
We don't know any of that. LE could very well know who gave the tip but isn't disclosing it for obvious reasons. What if it was a neighbor who saw people hanging out back of a vacant house that called in? Disclosing the neighbor's name would put them in danger. It also doesn't mean they know who the offender is necessarily so no one would be arrested in that scenario.

Nope. Not about that at all. I see conspiracy theories that are being spouted by nuts on Redditt getting regurgitated here. That is what I'm talking about. The post I replied to was reminding people that WS was supposed to be based in facts, not rumor mongering.

For example, I could start a rumor on Redditt that she was part of a satanic cult and that would offer a different motive as well and I guarantee someone would carry that stuff over here even though there is no evidence to support that. Right now, THE ONLY EVIDENCE we have is:

PH went to work
PH went to the bar with coworkers with her coworker driving
PH left the bar with 2 men
PH texted her friend
PH was found dead

Is it possible some of that turns out to not be true? Sure. Anything is possible. But people are talking like it's a fact that these 2 men are "mythical". It is very possible for her to have left with them but they weren't on any cameras. We don't know where the cameras were. How many they were. Where they were pointed.

I don't know whose or what theories you're referring to but that IS allowed here as long as stated as such and within reason (not abducted by aliens or anything like that).

The police have let the public know that they were not able to confirm the two black guys so it's entirely reasonable to speculate that they don't exist. One thing about crimes is that people lie all of the time and nobody is required to believe unsubstantiated statements.

I've considered this, too. I may text a co-worker or "friend" if I had not been honest about my whereabouts with my family and closer friends though. MOO
Anything is possible. I think it much more likely that my daughter would text her friend that she was out with instead of her brother even though the 2 are super close and go to the same school. I see absolutely nothing odd with the fact that she texted a friend.

But people are talking like it's a fact that these 2 men are "mythical". It is very possible for her to have left with them but they weren't on any cameras. We don't know where the cameras were. How many they were. Where they were pointed.

snipped for focus.

As far as I know, I am the only one who referred to the men as "mythical." Which I did qualify, as in, "thus far mythical."

I don't believe these men exist, but I may be wrong, so I did not state as fact that they are mythical.

Just for clarification if you are referring to me.

I thought a trap house was called a trap house bc drug addicts end up trapped up buying dope there (you can checkout any time you like but you can never leave, so to speak) and if you get caught at a trap house by the police your *advertiser censored** is usually trapped bc theure coming in both doors lol.

The Urban Dictionary says trap houses only have one door, or one way in and out.

Also felt bad for the old guy that lived in that dump until a couple weeks ago.

The house looked pretty decent on the google street view back in 2013. I'm guessing that all of the crap in the back yard was from recent "activity" on his property. Granted, the house needed repairs, but all of the garbage looks to have come from people who knew that no one lived there any longer. My guess is that the junk wasn't there while he lived there.

The Urban Dictionary says trap houses only have one door, or one way in and out.
Yes, now that you mention it, they do.
Edit to add: 6+years clean here. Ive seen a few in my time and never want to see another one. That was a long hard recovery & will always be part of my narrative. It is why I want to be darn sure justice is served for any wrong done to her in this investigation. They better not use that to hide their own wrong doing. I will be beyong disgusted.

Last edited:
All this new fangled terminology, back in my day the word was "Groovy"

The house looked pretty decent on the google street view back in 2013. I'm guessing that all of the crap in the back yard was from recent "activity" on his property. Granted, the house needed repairs, but all of the garbage looks to have come from people who knew that no one lived there any longer. My guess is that the junk wasn't there while he lived there.
The roof had to leak. jmo

Anything is possible. I think it much more likely that my daughter would text her friend that she was out with instead of her brother even though the 2 are super close and go to the same school. I see absolutely nothing odd with the fact that she texted a friend.
I wouldn't typically find it odd, either. But given how frequently her family says they were in contact with her throughout the day and PH's mom saying how unusual it was that PH had not been in contact with them or her best friend gave me pause, too. Ultimately I don't think she sent the text for various reasons but this aspect is one.

I don't know whose or what theories you're referring to but that IS allowed here as long as stated as such and within reason (not abducted by aliens or anything like that).

The police have let the public know that they were not able to confirm the two black guys so it's entirely reasonable to speculate that they don't exist. One thing about crimes is that people lie all of the time and nobody is required to believe unsubstantiated statements.
I'm not going to regurgitate the rumors on Reddit and give them more life. Suffice it to say, they are carried over here (or maybe it's people here carrying it over to Redditt).

Here's where we are at:

PH went to the bar - Which we discard as untrue because there isn't enough evidence she was there.
PH left with 2 men - Which we discard because there isn't enough evidence they exist.
PH sent a text to friend - Which we discard because there isn't enough evidence that she sent it.

So we basically have nothing. And if you present anything else, it can be discarded as well.

Sorry that I’m just now reading this. Yes, there were people there from her most recent place of employment.

ETA: For those who haven’t seen my posts on previous threads, my Dad’s best friend is PH uncle. I went to this ribbon hanging event because he & his brother organized it & I wanted to show support in some way. My dad has known her uncle since before I was born. They worked together until my dad retired. Since it’s my father’s relationship & I don’t have much other “inside info”, I wouldn’t consider myself an “insider”.
How could you resist asking them whether they were at the bar or knew coworkers that were/

A bit behind... But I guess LE doesn't know who supplied the tip that led to finding PH? When the tip line says anonymous I guess it really is or someone would be arrested by now. MOO

Well, to be clear, we don’t know that it was the tip line, or that they don’t know the source of that information.

I'm hoping tomorrow we get some info from LE as to the position of her body. Was she found in an unnatural position? Remember SS was found that way, bound.
I wouldn't think she was unwrapped until she was at the ME's office, so I don't think they will call it a homicide until the ME sees her, if they are going to call it that.

I'm hoping tomorrow we get some info from LE as to the position of her body. Was she found in an unnatural position? Remember SS was found that way, bound.
I wouldn't think she was unwrapped until she was at the ME's office, so I don't think they will call it a homicide until the ME sees her, if they are going to call it that.
You and me both. How long until we find out a cause of death? It would be helpful to know if it was, in fact an OD, if it was a shooting or a beating, a stabbing, or what.

All this new fangled terminology, back in my day the word was "Groovy"

(Lol.

Well I think I revealed I aint’ no spring chicken when I used the words “chopped liver” last night haha..do people even say that anymore? :DActually, do they even say “spring chicken” anymore either lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members