Found Deceased MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020

Her fb: Selena S. Bell

ETA: It appears that she lost two young relatives and/or friends in the past few years.

Incredible (3) family tragedies described in the article below:
Selena Not Afraid Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
OMG, if this is true, it just gets worse...! MOO

From the Heavy article:

The official story is that Selena ran off into a field near the Interstate rest stop and disappeared after being left there with another young Native American woman the family says was found with scratched legs from running through bushes and without shoes, hiding in a ditch.

Cheryl Horn, a “blood sister” of Selena’s mother who watched Selena grow up and is actively involved in the search for the teenager, told Heavy in a lengthy interview: “We believe she was taken. She did not get out and run.”

She said the family was told that a “man in a green car” may have tried to get the two girls to go with him, and they ran. She questioned why authorities have not issued an Amber Alert for Selena. “We’re having to be our own investigators,” she told Heavy.

Also...

She said the family has done its own investigating because they don’t believe authorities are doing enough. Of the van ride from the home in Billings to the desolate rest stop, they were told that “my niece didn’t go willingly,” she said.

And...

According to Horn, Selena was “very drunk and she was trying to get in another car” when she was allegedly “forced into that white van” that then journeyed to the rest stop. She said the family is surprised Selena was intoxicated because they believed she didn’t drink.

Last edited:
Selena Not Afraid Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

A relative claimed on Facebook: “Apparently they were all in a van and some reason two girls were kicked out. One was found. Selena still missing.” She also claimed, “The girl said Selena ran towards the trees in the field. That’s all she said.” She added: “The girl they found… hiding in the ditch with no shoes can’t remember what happened. She had no shoes and was all scratched up. Something happened.” Authorities have not publicly verified those details, however.

[...]

According to Horn, a Snapchat video shows Selena with the others at the rest area with “two of the males in a fist fight.” The teen’s phone is dead.

[...]

According to Horn, a Snapchat video shows Selena with the others at the rest area with “two of the males in a fist fight.” The teen’s phone is dead.

That really doesnt look good. i wonder if the SC video was on her phone and/or had anything to do with selina being missing. praying she will be found

JAN 5, 2020
Search for missing 16-year-old in Big Horn County continues
[...]

"This is not a safe world anymore. You can just be walking down the highway and you can disappear." says CH, Selina's aunt

CH and the rest of the search party are on day 5 of scouring the area looking for Selina.

[...]

CH says Selina's mother has already lost four children to violent crime in the past five years.

[...]

Big Horn County Undersheriff Eric Winburn says law enforcement have extended their search beyond the rest area to Billings and Hardin.

CH and the rest of Selina's Aunties continue to stay positive, despite their disappointment in Selina's friends for leaving her behind, allegedly intoxicated at the rest stop.

[...]

CH stays hopeful that Selina will be found.

"I talked to her at 10 o'clock. And she was having fun, she was in a good mood. And something happened in a matter of hours, because her mom talked to her at noon. We were texting and immediately went to look for her where she was supposed to be. And they had already left. You know the search effort, please, people don't quit. But most important stay safe. Everybody needs to come home. Everybody. And we're positive Selina will come home." says CH

OMG, if this is true, it just gets worse...! MOO

From the Heavy article:

The official story is that Selena ran off into a field near the Interstate rest stop and disappeared after being left there with another young Native American woman the family says was found with scratched legs from running through bushes and without shoes, hiding in a ditch.

Cheryl Horn, a “blood sister” of Selena’s mother who watched Selena grow up and is actively involved in the search for the teenager, told Heavy in a lengthy interview: “We believe she was taken. She did not get out and run.”

She said the family was told that a “man in a green car” may have tried to get the two girls to go with him, and they ran. She questioned why authorities have not issued an Amber Alert for Selena. “We’re having to be our own investigators,” she told Heavy.

Also...

She said the family has done its own investigating because they don’t believe authorities are doing enough. Of the van ride from the home in Billings to the desolate rest stop, they were told that “my niece didn’t go willingly,” she said.

And...

According to Horn, Selena was “very drunk and she was trying to get in another car” when she was allegedly “forced into that white van” that then journeyed to the rest stop. She said the family is surprised Selena was intoxicated because they believed she didn’t drink.

Whaaaat? I had to re-read the heavy article a couple of times ... so Selina and the other girl were the only females in the group? Selina is being reported as "drunk", but IMO she may have been drugged. The other female reports she doesn't remember anything that happened? Why leave the house and go to some deserted rest stop?

Gosh I hope this ends well :(

Argh, this story makes NO sense. LE needs to question each person in that car individually. Because she’s Native American, I fear that she will simply be forgotten. And that is not right.

Last edited:
5e0d794a6a53e.image.png

1) The car broke down, then restarted.
2) Four people left the rest stop in the vehicle, and the driver called a relative, who was also driving from Billings, to pick up Selina and a woman who were left behind at the rest stop.
3) When the relative arrived, only the woman was at the rest stop. Selina had walked off into a nearby field.
4) She was possibly intoxicated and is not dressed for weather conditions.

Selina was last seen at the eastbound Interstate 90 rest area between Billings and Hardin near mile marker 474, Fly Creek exit, at 2 p.m. Wednesday.

5e0e58e6d10be.image.jpg

The Fly Creek rest area on I-90, pictured on Thursday.

“Some of their stories have been conflicting,” he said, of the people who were reportedly driving Selena to Hardin.
Hardin teen's disappearance looking 'suspicious' as search continues
Oh, no. This already sounds bad to me. Hope I’m wrong - again.

DBM. Not certain of the exact rest area where Not Afraid went missing.‬‏‏

Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid is a 16-year-old Native American female. She as last seen at 2pm Wednesday afternoon at the eastbound Interstate 90 rest area between Billings and Hardin near mile marker 474. The rest area is actually closed for the winter. so facilities there are not in working order for volunteers.
Search continues for missing 16-year-old in Big Horn County

Mile Marker 476 – Hardin
  • Rest Area (eastbound)
Mile Marker 475 – Hardin
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

خرائط ‪Google

Rest stop is 26 miles from Billings.‬‏‏

Whaaaat? I had to re-read the heavy article a couple of times ... so Selina and the other girl were the only females in the group? Selina is being reported as "drunk", but IMO she may have been drugged. The other female reports she doesn't remember anything that happened? Why leave the house and go to some deserted rest stop?

Gosh I hope this ends well :(

I agree that it sounds as though both females may have been drugged. So sad (and disturbing). MOO.

Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid is a 16-year-old Native American female. She as last seen at 2pm Wednesday afternoon at the eastbound Interstate 90 rest area between Billings and Hardin near mile marker 474. The rest area is actually closed for the winter. so facilities there are not in working order for volunteers.
Search continues for missing 16-year-old in Big Horn County

Mile Marker 476 – Hardin
  • Rest Area (eastbound)
Mile Marker 475 – Hardin
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

خرائط ‪Google

Rest stop is 26 miles from Billings.‬‏‏

Thanks, Knox.

This one is baffling.

Did something happen to Salina at the rest area? if so, did it involve the girl who was there or the kids in the van who left or some other person?

Did something happen to Salina before the rest area? If so, why was the girl left at the rest area? And why does the girl say that Salina was with her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back