Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon Ocean!
You are kind, smart and passionate. I appreciate that in you, and also agree with what you say about women predators. No argument there! They exist, they are horrific, and many of their crimes do not involve men at all. Just offering an opinion on a case I don't know much about.
With Sheri, I suspected human trafficking, so women who would be involved with that may also be victims. JMHO

Thank you! Tragically you are right.

Look at how many cases recently involve female facilitators. Jeffrey Epstein the prolific predator never had to leave his home because he had female facilitators willingly do his scouting work for him, by bringing the prey right to him, and all of the other sickos, and they all knew the victims would be preyed upon in so many deviant cruel ways.

Its shameful for our country to be number one in the world on the worst things imaginable, like being addicted to drugs resulting in almost 70k fatal drug overdose deaths last year. Sadly the criminals always infiltrates the country where the most demand is to supply that demand.

Now we are number one worldwide when it comes to human trafficking with countless being human sex trafficked. Sigh.

I read a recent article that stated more humans are being enslaved than at any other time in our history.

Imo, the traffickers are becoming bolder, and bolder. They will now target any vulnerable female or male they see who is out alone with no one else around. Imo, they will target anyone, and I believe the ages of both genders will become younger, or even older. They have started kidnapping based on when they see an opportunity to do so. They know no matter the age of the victims they can be used by the sex traffickers to make the money.

Imo, it's like when all of the fraudulent scammers see laws enacted trying to hault their billions of dollar scams every year. In the end it does nothing to stop them. They just change their MOs, and are finding new ways to circumvent justice. Billions made is what drives them. Just like illegal drug lords are billionaires. Tragically there are many human traffickers now who are becoming rich off the pain, and suffering off of the countless victims they enslave.

This is also why human trafficking including trafficking will never stop. These creeps makes so much money while doing so because they know the great demand is here.

I think these two female suspects let Sherri go only because her case brought them too much attention. I'm glad LE has never said her kidnapping was a hoax. That too has become a catch all by many social media sites. But what matters is LE hasn't ever said it. I think they will continue to find evidence to arrest the 2 suspects. Many times the majority is sure LE has closed a case only to find out they never did with many solved many years later.

They probably thought at first her husband would be blamed for her disappearance, which has happened many times in the past, including many social media sites with a plethora of unsupported accusations.

In my own state last year the FBI found 8 victims being enslaved for sex trafficking inside of a very upscale neighborhood. The victims were various ages. Female facilitators inside the home controlled them all. :(

Heck it's women have been the ones who were the owners for decades who were running large scale prostitution businesses, and very likely are today. Imo many of them most likely are in the illegal sex trafficking business who are ran solely by females.

Jmho

Look at how many cases recently involve female facilitators. Jeffrey Epstein the prolific predator never had to leave his home because he had female facilitators willingly do his scouting work for him, by bringing the prey right to him, and all of the other sickos, and they all knew the victims would be preyed upon in so many deviant cruel ways.

Its shameful for our country to be number one in the world on the worst things imaginable, like being addicted to drugs resulting in almost 70k fatal drug overdose deaths last year. Sadly the criminals always infiltrates the country where the most demand is to supply that demand.

Now we are number one worldwide when it comes to human trafficking with countless being human sex trafficked. Sigh.

I read a recent article that stated more humans are being enslaved than at any other time in our history.

Imo, the traffickers are becoming bolder, and bolder. They will now target any vulnerable female or male they see who is out alone with no one else around. Imo, they will target anyone, and I believe the ages of both genders will become younger, or even older. They have started kidnapping based on when they see an opportunity to do so. They know no matter the age of the victims they can be used by the sex traffickers to make the money.

Imo, it's like when all of the fraudulent scammers see laws enacted trying to hault their billions of dollar scams every year. In the end it does nothing to stop them. They just change their MOs, and are finding new ways to circumvent justice. Billions made is what drives them. Just like illegal drug lords are billionaires. Tragically there are many human traffickers now who are becoming rich off the pain, and suffering off of the countless victims they enslave.

This is also why human trafficking including trafficking will never stop. These creeps makes so much money while doing so because they know the great demand is here.

I think these two female suspects let Sherri go only because her case brought them too much attention. I'm glad LE has never said her kidnapping was a hoax. That too has become a catch all by many social media sites. But what matters is LE hasn't ever said it. I think they will continue to find evidence to arrest the 2 suspects. Many times the majority is sure LE has closed a case only to find out they never did with many solved many years later.

They probably thought at first her husband would be blamed for her disappearance, which has happened many times in the past, including many social media sites with a plethora of unsupported accusations.

In my own state last year the FBI found 8 victims being enslaved for sex trafficking inside of a very upscale neighborhood. The victims were various ages. Female facilitators inside the home controlled them all. :(

Heck it's women have been the ones who were the owners for decades who were running large scale prostitution businesses, and very likely are today. Imo many of them most likely are in the illegal sex trafficking business who are ran solely by females.

Jmho

If sherri was "kidnapped" for "human trafficking" it would be an enormous anomaly because traffickers just don't kidnap random older women from well off means off the street. That is statistically improbable. It just doesn't happen.

But interesting speculation, im glad you noted that this is all your opinion.
I'd be interested in any proof of what you said. Thank You!

Jmho

they don't say it a hoax because of thee Vallejo case. they got sued to all get out. i side eye this case super hard myself.

Jmho

I always respect your point of view, OBE!

Her hate blog spoke volumes. Those who haven't read it should.
It was linked a couple pages ago. Ill try to find it again. IMO

Found it. Wyle linked it a page or so upthread.

Sheriff investigating hate blog against Latinos in kidnapped mom case

You say “Her hate blog spoke volumes,” but the article you cite concerns only a single blog post, not a “hate blog”, and states that she didn’t even write the post in question:
DailyMail.com has learned that the post was not written by Sherri Papini, but, according to her ex-husband, was in fact a malicious prank against her by a high school enemy.

Papini’s ex-husband David Dreyfus, who divorced Papini in 2007, told DailyMail.com: ‘That post isn’t true, it was a prank by someone at high school, she never found out who did it. Sherri isn’t racist.’

David said he met Sherri when they were both working on a Youth to Youth project, a community-based drug prevention and youth leadership program.

He said: ‘The crowd couldn’t have been more diverse. That’s not who Sherri is.’

Jmho
You said it much better than I could. Crazy thing do happen, like in this case:
Father and Daughter Abduct Woman and Leave Her in Desert, Police Say

While I am very much on the fence with whether or not she was actually kidnapped or made the whole thing up for whatever reason, I think the evidence, or lack of it, as it were, leads a great number of people here at WS and elsewhere, to assume she was lying. For those of us who routinely follow these kinds of cases, it absolutely has to do with interpreting the situation based on what's been made public knowledge, and that evidence doesn't line up with actual kidnappings that have been proven to be true.

I haven't seen anyone here so attached to this case it's become personal for them. That would be sort of creepy, really. At the end of the day, if the general public is left with the impression that she was lying about the whole thing, that has far more to do with what's made publicly available, than anything else. Her story just doesn't line up, the way it's been disclosed. That said, I'm still willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, only because I can't bring myself to accept people beating the snot out of themselves, just for attention.

Moo & all those WS disclaimers. :)

Well it happens.

One example. Among several. Could this be happening? A man's nightmare made real

Jmho

Hi friend! Happy new year!

Sex trafficking doesn’t involve kidnapping middle class white women not already involved in prostitution, off the street in a residential neighborhood. That’s a myth popularized by movies like Taken and other things. Like Facebook rumors.

Sex trafficking in the US involves voluntary prostitutes and super vulnerable populations with little hope or support. Like LGBTQ homeless youth, other runaway youth coming from extreme dysfunction, drug addicts, mentally ill, illegal immigrants. Otherwise, targets like SP are too high risk. They want people easily controllable who no one is looking for.

And it has been made clear in this case that Papini was not trafficked. Her story is she was just beaten, and kept captive. That’s it. For several weeks. With no explanation. No ransom. No sexual assault.

Indeed, the authorities confirmed there was no evidence of sexual assault. They also stated she could not remember enough to ID anyone and claimed her captors kept their faces covered most of the time - something that I’ve never heard of happening in relation to sex trafficking in the US. They don’t need to. They control their women and children with physical and mental abuse and by picking the right prey to begin with.

22 days. No reason for the abduction. Inexplicable stories like she cut her foot fighting off one of her abductors, but had no foot injury, and that she fought off an attacker and won and wasn’t killed or harmed for it. And instead was let go. That despite 22 days of captivity she had nothing to give authorities but I don’t remembers.

It’s possible something happened we can’t fathom. But it certainly wasn’t sex trafficking, IMHO!

I’ve read through the most recent pages on the forum. Supporters ask why she would have done this, my mind keeps going to the story of Quinn Gray. That case helps me with the question of why. Anyone else familiar with that case?
I'm not familiar with that name at all.

I’ve read through the most recent pages on the forum. Supporters ask why she would have done this, my mind keeps going to the story of Quinn Gray. That case helps me with the question of why. Anyone else familiar with that case?
I saw her story on a Dateline episode years ago. It definitely helps with the question of why.

Yes. Super bizarre case.

Not like the movies

The idea of being abducted from a parking lot “hits all the marks of a good urban legend,” Michigan State Police Lt. Sarah Krebs said. But that almost never reflects reality.

“We have never had a case in Michigan where somebody was abducted and put into the life of sex trafficking," Krebs said. "It truly does not happen that way.”

A 2018 data set calculated 27% of sex trafficking victims are trafficked by family members, according to Polaris, the nonprofit that runs the National Human Trafficking Hotline. Approximately 32% of victims are sex trafficked by an intimate partner, according to the data...

Police are now dealing with viral Facebook posts that often describe an “ethnic-looking man” following women while grocery shopping or walking to their cars. When police investigate, Krebs said, they usually find the man accused was checking the women out, looking to start a conversation or that he did not exist at all.

While she does not want to discredit women feeling threatened, she encourages them to be better educated on what human trafficking is and to look for red flags in the children and teenagers they know.

“When we have parents who are concerned with letting their kids go to the mall, they should really be concerned about who [the kids] are talking to online in their own home," Krebs said.

The clients who use the YWCA legal services are not like those often depicted in media, said Jessica Glynn, YWCA’s senior director of law and policy. The “spectacle” of human trafficking often excludes labor trafficking, migrant workers and male victims, Glynn said.

“They [society] are fixated on this idea that it is these vulnerable white girls who are at risk of trafficking which is false,” she said. “The people who are trafficked in our community are those who are already vulnerable due to racism, sexism, poverty and bigotry.”

Police, survivors debunk human trafficking kidnapping myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member