Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Next steps will be to see where this leads us,” said Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries. “We are waiting to see where the autopsy results.”

"Those forensic results are expected to come out of Utah in the coming weeks, and are just another piece in this puzzle. While the residence appeared vacant, I'm told it was released back to Chad Daybell's sons Garth and Seth who are currently living in the house."

"A sign on the Daybell residence reads “no press please.” KMVT did reach out to neighbors, one of which agreed to talk off camera and asked not be identified. She said she was shocked with some of the things she's read about Daybell, and says he was a good man who the community prayed for in church on Sunday."

"She did say that children need to be located, which one of the big questions in this story, and why won't Chad and Lori Daybell talk to police?"

Investigators take 43 pieces of evidence from E. Idaho home in suspicious death, missing children case

To really understand this case, knowing the culture of rural Idaho is essential. And the LDS culture as well.

It is interesting to think this way, because I do "know" the culture in Rexburg, had 2 kids that attended Ricks college.

You know, as I wrote that, I tried to think what I was really writing. It is difficult to explain, but it is sort of like trying to understand a crime that took place on an Indian reservation, if you don't understand the culture, and the difference between living in a rural small town, as opposed to a crime that happens in a major metropolitan city. There is such a huge difference.

Everyone "knows" everybody. But it seems to me that Lori was an "Outlier", she didn't fit the norm of "Rexburg". I doubt that she even went to church. She didn't have family in the area, as far as I know, she moved to Rexburg, Idaho because she was infatuated with Chad Daybell.
FYI rexburg has changed A LOT in the 20 years since Ricks College changed to BYUIdaho. I can see what you’re saying applying to the Daybells out in Sugar/Salem area but Rexburg is an entirely different beast. The university has tripled in size bringing tons of transplants as employees and students. Lori was living in a townhome complex most young married students use, about 2 miles from my current home.

I am not blaming him at all. I just don't think it's going to work, that's all.
My Mum and Dad always used to say if you ask, you don't get. But they also used to say if you don't ask, you don't want. So it is that sort of situation almost, but nothing to lose and all to gain.

Lots more info in this piece- Tylee’s last known text Oct. 25

Landlord of Lori’s where shooting occurred-

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone

“In a Facebook post Sunday, Vallow’s former property manager in Arizona, Joe Pongratz, said he asked Vallow to leave following the death of her husband, Charles Vallow, on July 11 at the property she rented. Pongratz was disturbed by several details surrounding Charles Vallow’s death. Charles was shot to death by Vallow’s brother, Alex Cox. Pongratz wrote that, on the same day Charles died, Vallow texted him, “we are ok, Ill explain later,” when he texted her wondering why police were at the house. Pongratz also wrote that she threw a pool party later that afternoon.

“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming. Neighbors also reported Alex was staying at the house for several days following the shooting even though he lived in the same area. I spoke with Lori several times days following the shooting and she never sounded shocked, sad or heartbroken, as you would think a bride would be watching her husband die,” Pongratz wrote in his post.

At Pongratz’s request, Vallow agreed to move out Aug. 31.”

“In a Facebook post Sunday, Vallow’s former property manager in Arizona, Joe Pongratz, said he asked Vallow to leave following the death of her husband, Charles Vallow, on July 11 at the property she rented. Pongratz was disturbed by several details surrounding Charles Vallow’s death. Charles was shot to death by Vallow’s brother, Alex Cox. Pongratz wrote that, on the same day Charles died, Vallow texted him, “we are ok, Ill explain later,” when he texted her wondering why police were at the house. Pongratz also wrote that she threw a pool party later that afternoon.

“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming. Neighbors also reported Alex was staying at the house for several days following the shooting even though he lived in the same area. I spoke with Lori several times days following the shooting and she never sounded shocked, sad or heartbroken, as you would think a bride would be watching her husband die,” Pongratz wrote in his post.

This story keeps taking more insane twists! Lori had a POOL PARTY ...what in the world?!

Last edited:
I doubt this is about views or popularity or an audience. From what I understand his video was edited by someone else before sent out to news channels and other outlets. This looks very much like LE is wanting him to reach out in a family plea type of thing to persuade them to do the right thing. Not to mention, I think he is being quite genuine, you can see his irritation about the whole thing. - MOO
The video was sent out to the media? I was not aware of that. I saw it on his channel. It was just a thought, I think he is doing the right thing. I hope his mother lets him talk to his siblings, it's pretty clear that he loves them both very much.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Do you know how many people, including family members of Tylee's and Joshua's, have been begging for him to reach out to his mother? Obviously he can't do this by phone with her. He's doing the only thing that he knows how to try and reach her, hoping that deep down, somewhere in her mother's loving heart, that she will listen to him or at the very least, provide LE where the kids are, if they are alive and well.

This guy can't catch a break at all. He's been, along with a couple of others from Joshua's family, TRYING! Where the heck are the Daybell kids and what have they done to convince Daddy to come forward or show proof the kids are alive? Or are they a part of this scheme?
If this post was about what I said, I'm sorry you took it that way. I didn't criticize him, at all. He IS doing the right thing. And I agree with what you're saying about Chad's children. I don't understand how can they be so quiet and not concerned at all (if they are concerned, it doesn't look like it).

That is a LOT of new news! A pool party?! I wonder if the guests knew they were hanging out a murder scene.

The last quote from Tylee's friend made me tear up. :(

I’ve been following this case from the beginning, but haven’t had the opportunity to post until now.

Don’t really have anything to add, but Holy Balls! What a convoluted mess this is!! Wow!

So, as far as we know, there hasn’t been any type of memorial for Alex, correct?

I wonder if dear sister would come out of hiding for that since they seem to be so “close” and all??
I’m sure she wouldn’t because it would be too risky, but it would be worth a shot! MOO of course!

Great find for the comments alone below the article...I learned a lot from reading them. I have to say I stumbled upon this case accidently but read the excellent timeline provided here and was fascinated. It reads like some kind of book I can not put down....I am surprised at the "luck" Lori and Chad and Alex have had to get away with everything so far. I have to agree with one of the commenters on the WaPo article..calling the local cops the "keystone kops"...MOO

• Oct 25 - Text from Tylee's phone to friend. Friend doesn't think it sounded like her since she spelled out words, and it seemed vague and brief.
  • They moved to Idaho shortly after Aug. 31
  • Tylee did NOT want to move to ID and wanted to stay in AZ (I've wondered if kids were in AZ and maybe they ran? You'd think they'd contact someone though)
  • Tylee decided to move to ID for JJ's sake. She was protective of her little brother. (interesting! Obviously she felt there was a need to protect him.)
  • Tylee got GED and thus was finished with high school, therefore not registered in ID.

NEW INFORMATION
UPDATE 1/6/2020

An Arizona resident who’s a friend of missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan and spoke on condition of anonymity has said she received a text from Ryan’s cellphone at 11:14 a.m. Oct. 25. The text is now the last publicly known contact from Ryan, although the friend isn’t sure if Ryan was the sender.

The friend spoke to the Post Register over Facebook Messenger, confirming the text and providing a screenshot of it.

Local law enforcement officials have said neither Ryan, 17, nor her adopted brother Joshua Vallow, 7, have been seen since September.

The friend reached out to Ryan on Oct. 19 to say she missed her and had been thinking about her. Six days later, on Oct. 25, the friend received a reply from Ryan’s phone saying, “hi. miss you guys too ...luv ya.”

Now that Ryan has gone missing, the friend said she didn’t know for sure if it was Ryan who sent the text. The friend said she didn’t think the text sounded like Ryan.

“She spelled out her words for the most part,” the friend said. “Plus, she would have texted more if I reached out.”

According to the friend, Ryan waiting six days before responding wasn’t unusual since Ryan’s move to Idaho.

“When she lived here, she responded immediately,” the friend said, “And when she moved, it slowly decreased in response time.”

The friend lived near Ryan’s Chandler, Ariz., home. Ryan moved from Chandler to Rexburg with her mother, Lori Vallow, and brother JJ shortly after Aug. 31. The friend said Ryan didn’t want to move to Idaho. In fact, Ryan had originally planned to move in with the friend in order to remain in Arizona. However, Ryan ultimately decided to go with her family to Idaho for JJ’s sake.

“She was just protective of JJ ’cause he was her little brother,” the friend said.

According to the friend, Ryan had gotten her GED, which was why she did not attend high school in Rexburg.

The friend said Ryan had never mentioned her mother’s religious beliefs and said the recent news linking Vallow to a cult-like group seemed “out of the blue.” Court documents obtained by Fox 10 Phoenix and published Saturday detail Vallow’s belief that she “is a translated being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium.”

According to the friend, Ryan said her family was leaving Arizona because her mom had gotten a job in Idaho.

“Apparently that was false,” the friend said.

That story conflicts with what Vallow told neighbors. Seth Barnard, who lives next door to Vallow’s Rexburg apartment, told Fox 13 Salt Lake City, that Vallow had told him she had moved to Rexburg in order to attend college.

In a Facebook post Sunday, Vallow’s former property manager in Arizona, Joe Pongratz, said he asked Vallow to leave following the death of her husband, Charles Vallow, on July 11 at the property she rented. Pongratz was disturbed by several details surrounding Charles Vallow’s death. Charles was shot to death by Vallow’s brother, Alex Cox. Pongratz wrote that, on the same day Charles died, Vallow texted him, “we are ok, Ill explain later,” when he texted her wondering why police were at the house. Pongratz also wrote that she threw a pool party later that afternoon.

At Pongratz’s request, Vallow agreed to move out Aug. 31.

On Friday, law enforcement officers with the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, Rexburg Police Department and FBI searched Chad Daybell’s home in Salem. Daybell married Lori Vallow last fall about two weeks after his wife, Tammy Daybell, died at home under what law enforcement officials believe are suspicious circumstances. Tammy Daybell died Oct. 19 and was buried in Springville, Utah. Her body has since been exhumed and an autopsy has been conducted, but its results have not been announced.

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office said in a Monday news release that 43 items were removed from the residence during the search. The confiscated items included electronic devices such as computers and cellphones, journals, documents and medications, the release said. “These items will be further examined by forensics experts,” the release said. “It is expected that the results of the examinations will not be available for several weeks.”

The anonymous source said she misses her friend.

“Tylee is an awesome friend and is so smart and sassy,” the friend said. “I can’t wait to find her.”

deleted - sorry, not relevant

Last edited:
If you search the guy's name on one of the main FB pages about the case he says a ton. I had asked a few days ago if I could post the FB site but was correct in that I couldn't. Been fuming over some of his info for a couple days. Crazy. I hope he finally got LE to contact him since it's now out in MSM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...TaP8KEmyNqJegWob4MFFzPuby-yii6QhtV2JPGepWoPR4

Quotes from article:
Chad and Lori have both denied any wrongdoing toward their family members. “Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter,” their attorney, Sean Bartholick, said in a December statement to local media outlets. “Lori (Vallow) Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary. We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.”

Like a number of Lori’s relatives, Boudreaux has accused Chad of leading her into a cult, though that hasn’t been officially confirmed. “There is a ton of speculation and a lot of rumors, but nothing that we have determined of classified as a cult,” Rexburg Assistant Chief of Police Gary Hagen told the Standard Journal. [BBM]

Before they married, Lori and Chad appeared together on podcasts distributed by Preparing A People, a media company which touts the tagline, “Helping to prepare the people of this Earth for the second coming of Jesus Christ.” The company has since denied being a cult and distanced itself from the couple, deleting the podcasts in question and saying in a December statement that it was “shocked” and “deeply disturbed” to learn of the investigation.

“We also do not share any of Chad Daybell’s or Lori Vallow’s beliefs if they are contrary to Christian principles of honesty, integrity and truth, or if they do not align with the doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” owners Michael and Nancy James wrote.

Some family members are skeptical. “I don’t want to attack anyone’s beliefs … but when you look at the fruit that’s come from this group and its beliefs … it certainly, from my mind, doesn’t come from God,” Boudreaux told the East Idaho News. [BBM]

Tylee and Joshua are still missing, and it’s unclear if they are alive. Last week, police said they were certain Lori knew what happened to them, but she had left Idaho with her new husband and “refused to work with law enforcement.” She also reportedly told people that her daughter had died.

“Our primary concern at this point is simply locating Joshua and Tylee and charging decisions will be made in due course based upon the evidence available,” the statement said. “If we find that harm was done to these children within our jurisdiction, we will prosecute whoever caused that harm.”

Tammy Daybell’s relatives are equally eager to learn the truth and have said that she seemed to be healthy and was in good spirits two weeks before her death. Some have expressed suspicion about a call she made to 911 in the days before her death, saying that a man was pointing what appeared to be a paintball gun at her.

“We speculate like everybody else,” her father, Ron Douglas, told Fox 13. “It’s hard to know that we lost our daughter and that our son-in-law of 30 years has stepped into this mess. We don’t know. We’d like to hope for the best. Every time you peel a layer off the onion it makes you scratch your head.”[BBM]
I feel so bad for Tammy's parents. I can't imagine the emotions they're going through now. All these years, they probably thought that their daughter was married to an honorable man. Then to have their daughter die suddenly, be buried, exhumed and re-buried, while their former son-in-law insults Tammy's memory by marrying a woman he was clearly having an affair with before her death.

It just sickens me- so many innocent people caught in this evil web. If they wanted to be together, they could have just said so, left their partners, leave their children behind with loving family and/or friends (Chad's kids are all adults, so he has no worries here) and go off prepping happily ever after.

Anyhow, I found this article here, that says that two of the Daybell sons have moved back into the Daybell home now:

Police release update on Tammy Daybell death investigation - Local News 8

The search took most of the day with the home being released back to Chad’s sons Seth and Garth Daybell who are currently living in the house.

As a result of the search, 43 items were removed from the residence. This included electronic devices such as computers and cell phones, journals, documents and medications.

So the grieving widow threw a pool party the day her husband Charles was killed? And her poor fragile brother Alex stayed at the house for several days even though he had a house in the area? Did police ever threat the scene as a crime scene? Collect forensic evidence? The mind boggles.

That is a LOT of new news! A pool party?! I wonder if the guests knew they were hanging out a murder scene.

The last quote from Tylee's friend made me tear up. :(
Which should have been a crime scene. Was it ever treated as one? Seems awfully quick to release the scene for a bunch of people to have a party on the same day a guy is killed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member