OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we are on the wrong page. The one thing that still does not sit right with me is that mom saw him on the morning of Dec 20/then she didn't see him/then she sorta saw him. Also the long wait on reporting him missing. I am not saying she did anything but it doesn't make sense. I have a 14 year old son, and this case is scary and sad.
Especially considering he wasn't feeling well. As she claims.She didn't answer when the school called??? Say What. All the times she called the police on him. Yet he's gone 41 hrs before calling police. So much just not making any sense.
MOO

Especially considering he wasn't feeling well. As she claims.She didn't answer when the school called??? Say What. All the times she called the police on him. Yet he's gone 41 hrs before calling police. So much just not making any sense.
MOO

Yeah that's the thing, why not answer when your kid's school calls? There have been times I have missed a call from my Son's school and that was for a reason (don't take my phone into the bathroom, or I was taking a nap) BUT, I call them back. Now, in my situation the school will call my Mom if it's a big deal (kid sick et), but if they don't call her they leave a message to let me know what's goin on.

Did she see the school call and think HD got in trouble OR did she see the school call and not know just how to explain what happened? Was there an "accident" in the home that they didn't know how to explain?? Just things that go through my head because it's forever non stop. But WHY would someone say everyone was on the wrong page? Of course it was from SM so how much would that person know and why not disclose more than just that small statement? IF that person knows more why not go to LE with it? JMO

MOO

Exactly.

This still confuses me.
Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return In this article it says: " Asked when she last saw her son and whether it was that Friday morning, Dilly said, "I didn’t see him, I talked to him. There’s a difference. That’s really all we can say, it’s an open investigation and that’s the biggest thing people are not understanding. We can’t share because we don’t want to jeopardize him."

Why would this jeopardize him ??

I'm gonna take an educated guess here and say that AS OF YET they haven't turned up anything from the video gathered from Business's and Residents in the area?

Also, why not verify the info regarding Thursday's school attendance??
New imaging software could help locate Port Clinton teen

Adkins would not say whether or not Dilly was in school on Thursday, December 19. Instead, he repeated what police have said, that investigators believe Dilly was seen on surveillance video just after 6am on Friday, December 20 heading to school.

If they were to be able to verify the attendance of afternoon classes (even with the friends father knowing that HD was at their house that night until asked to go home) they could try to get a better timeline and possibly even check video from the school around the time he was last seen there and then around the area til he showed up at the friends house.

IF HD wasn't at school it's possible he was creating a Bug out bag or Inch bag (I'm never coming home), and stashed it somewhere and then went to his friends house and from there went home. Then when his Mom sent him to school he grabbed his bag and went from there. (Just a thought of what COULD have happened)

HD seems to be a resourceful kid.

This is just MOO

i hope I am replying correctly. I cannot for the life of me understand how his attendance at school on Thursday is not accounted for. I have worked as a school nurse and attendance is recorded per class. It was this way when I attended school 20+years ago as well. How is this still even a dang question?

I’ve read both threads in their entirety on this. I have no opinions as to what happened because I truly feel like no one including family and LE can even verify the most basic information regarding this case. It’s truly frustrating.

Let us not forget this is not just a story but a 14 year old vulnerable child who could be in danger. I pray that someone can find a clearing through all of the misinformation floating around so that Harley may be located safely.

Just editing to add that I was only replying to the part questioning school attendance on Thursday. I agree with your post and wish they would clarify that.

Last edited:
Exactly.

This still confuses me.
Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return In this article it says: " Asked when she last saw her son and whether it was that Friday morning, Dilly said, "I didn’t see him, I talked to him. There’s a difference. That’s really all we can say, it’s an open investigation and that’s the biggest thing people are not understanding. We can’t share because we don’t want to jeopardize him."

Why would this jeopardize him ??

I am just as confused as you are. Then after people asking how did she talk to him if his phone was broken... later says he came into her room that morning and she talked to him, but it was dark so she didn't actually "see" him. So, how do they know what he was wearing?

Yeah that's the thing, why not answer when your kid's school calls? There have been times I have missed a call from my Son's school and that was for a reason (don't take my phone into the bathroom, or I was taking a nap) BUT, I call them back. Now, in my situation the school will call my Mom if it's a big deal (kid sick et), but if they don't call her they leave a message to let me know what's goin on.

Did she see the school call and think HD got in trouble OR did she see the school call and not know just how to explain what happened? Was there an "accident" in the home that they didn't know how to explain?? Just things that go through my head because it's forever non stop. But WHY would someone say everyone was on the wrong page? Of course it was from SM so how much would that person know and why not disclose more than just that small statement? IF that person knows more why not go to LE with it? JMO
And why and how as a mom of 3 kids is your voicemail full so that no one can leave a message? HTH do you not return a call to the school?

i hope I am replying correctly. I cannot for the life of me understand how his attendance at school on Thursday is not accounted for. I have worked as a school nurse and attendance is recorded per class. It was this way when I attended school 20+years ago as well. How is this still even a dang question?

I’ve read both threads in their entirety on this. I have no opinions as to what happened because I truly feel like no one including family and LE can even verify the most basic information regarding this case. It’s truly frustrating.

Let us not forget this is not just a story but a 14 year old vulnerable child who could be in danger. I pray that someone can find a clearing through all of the misinformation floating around so that Harley may be located safely.

Yes you read it right, I was wondering how they CAN'T verify that. I have been out of school for 20 years (Graduated in 1999) and we had attendance PER CLASS and if we were late we had to have a GOOD excuse, if we missed a class we better have had our butts in the office or been with a teacher.

HOW can they not tell us if 1 child was in classes in the afternoon when classmates are saying "he wasn't here". It would help with searching because if he had a hideout that he stashed things in and a friend knew of this place then LE could get the friend to tell.

BUT, the family is being shady with their story. First the Mom saw him, then no she spoke to him "there's a difference" her words, I have read 3 variations as to what happened with HD's cellphone, and this child seems to have no idea as to what he can and can't do on some days.

Another thing, if the mom was out drinking the night before...she had a heart attack and a stroke, almost died months prior to this, I am guessing she is on medication for these conditions (I'm a stroke patient I'm on a pharmacy) AND SHE WENT OUT DRINKING???? How the hell does she even know what happened? My medications have a warning NOT to mix with alcohol because they can make you black out or pass out and impair your memory. There are also the ones that can have adverse effects and then the ones that get stronger with alcohol.
I'm 9 years post stroke, I had mine 3 days after I had my daughter, so I haven't drank in over 10 years now. I don't want to take a chance of hurting myself or my kids b/c of the meds I'm on.

It just "feels" like we are on the wrong page because nothing makes sense.

Another thing, if the mom was out drinking the night before...she had a heart attack and a stroke, almost died months prior to this, I am guessing she is on medication for these conditions (I'm a stroke patient I'm on a pharmacy) AND SHE WENT OUT DRINKING???? How the hell does she even know what happened? My medications have a warning NOT to mix with alcohol because they can make you black out or pass out and impair your memory. There are also the ones that can have adverse effects and then the ones that get stronger with alcohol.
I'm 9 years post stroke, I had mine 3 days after I had my daughter, so I haven't drank in over 10 years now. I don't want to take a chance of hurting myself or my kids b/c of the meds I'm on.

RSBM

Mom might have been drinking (and should have been drinking) a non-alcoholic drink gussied up to look like an actual "real" drink. There was a fancy-looking drink in the picture we saw, but that doesn't mean that it contained alcohol. A "Shirley Temple?"

jmo

I am just as confused as you are. Then after people asking how did she talk to him if his phone was broken... later says he came into her room that morning and she talked to him, but it was dark so she didn't actually "see" him. So, how do they know what he was wearing?
I guess that Harley may not have many different outfits. If she was looking through his clothes, she can likely figure out what is missing.

I find it so weird that all these news stories are happening today with NO interviews. No neighbors, no friends, no family, no bus drivers, no teachers ... Noteably No LE or parents?

This is so odd. Any other case I've followed has people who care about the missing child IN THE INTERVIEWS. Even if it's not the parents. LE makes a comment or something!

Yes you read it right, I was wondering how they CAN'T verify that. I have been out of school for 20 years (Graduated in 1999) and we had attendance PER CLASS and if we were late we had to have a GOOD excuse, if we missed a class we better have had our butts in the office or been with a teacher.

HOW can they not tell us if 1 child was in classes in the afternoon when classmates are saying "he wasn't here". It would help with searching because if he had a hideout that he stashed things in and a friend knew of this place then LE could get the friend to tell.

BUT, the family is being shady with their story. First the Mom saw him, then no she spoke to him "there's a difference" her words, I have read 3 variations as to what happened with HD's cellphone, and this child seems to have no idea as to what he can and can't do on some days.

So much for the STRICT SCHEDULE Harley likes to stick to....you know....so he can bathe 5 times a day....

Last edited:
Law Enforcement wants video from after school on Thursday leading up to Friday morning.

WHY???
I sure hope they can get this timeline down. I have felt like it was way off from the beginning. From what I can figure out, the last time he was seen by someone other than family was Thursday by his friends' family. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa