TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading about the video camera again in the affidavit ... it says that it captures a light colored four door vehicle with the outline, window placement, and general appearance consistent with MF's gray 2015 Nissan four door bearing TX license plate ******* driving northbound towards the rear of the complex at approximately 9:05 AM on December 12, 2019. SC and HB's apartment is on the rear of the complex.

IIRC the apartment complex that they lived in had 1 entrance, 1 exit. If it was going northbound towards the rear, I think it would have only got the car going in, without Heidi in it. Hopefully they were able to see who or how many people were in the vehicle as it entered the complex.

May something simple as to have control over the door locking on HB and the baby, maybe to stick a needle into HB or give her chloroform or whatever to knock her out, so she could make the get away from the complex and to a remote area to strangle her....

"M.W. stated that she saw a white adult female [Heidi] walk from between buildings 7 and 8 towards the vehicle [Magen's] ... carrying a small infant ... M.W. saw a female exit the front passenger seat and greet the adult female who was carrying the small infant. The front seat passenger opened the rear passenger side door of the vehicle, the adult female carrying the small infant entered the rear passenger seat, both doors closed, and the vehicle drove away."

that last part makes me think she was not the driver

My main question is how did MF manage to immobilize Heidi as soon as she and Margo got in the car?

Didn't Heidi's mother say Heidi wouldn't just walk downstairs without the baby carrier? So, if she got in MF's car and was being driven off without her consent, her purse, a car seat, a diaper bag, I would think Heidi would fight or make a noticeable scene. MF managed to subdue Heidi somehow right away...apparently while MF was driving???

Yes, Heidi was probably instantly immobilized. HOW is what I want to know???

It's amazing she pulled it off. I don't know how she could, either.

"M.W. stated that she saw a white adult female [Heidi] walk from between buildings 7 and 8 towards the vehicle [Magen's] ... carrying a small infant ... M.W. saw a female exit the front passenger seat and greet the adult female who was carrying the small infant. The front seat passenger opened the rear passenger side door of the vehicle, the adult female carrying the small infant entered the rear passenger seat, both doors closed, and the vehicle drove away."

yep, and it continues...

M.W. stated that there was not time for the adult female to secure the infant into any type of child restraint system before the vehicle drove away.

Seems like the car left pretty quickly after the doors closed. I don't know if MF would have time to get over into the driver seat from the passenger side, and the witness, at least from this affidavit, seems pretty clear about what she saw.

An official witness report of Heidi with baby Margo getting into MF's car. Yikes, who was driving then?

Who was driving if MF was in the front passenger seat? How did anyone incapacitate Heidi or why would she be okay driving away without her purse and baby things?

As to the bolded, I cannot believe that she thought she could get away with this. Her BEST FRIEND goes missing with a newborn, and MF coincidentally has a newborn, and no legal paperwork or witnesses to the birth.

How did she imagine it would work out?

If she had stolen a random newborn, from several states away, I guess it might have been slightly better odds---but her family still would have questioned her weird story and lack of legal paperwork and medical papers.

There are so many murders where I wonder how the perps thought they could away with it yet they keep happening. Adding the baby into mix does make it even more likely to get caught but, I guess, with these monsters disguised as people, the desire to do what they do is all consuming and most don't think like we would. Some also think can outsmart everyone else.

An official witness report of Heidi with baby Margo getting into MF's car. Yikes, who was driving then?

Who was driving if MF was in the front passenger seat? How did anyone incapacitate Heidi or why would she be okay driving away without her purse and baby things?
I do not think there was a struggle in the apt complex. I believe she jumped in the car willingly for one of three reasons:

1. a fake emergency situation which required her immediate attention (IMO doubtful since the eyewitness stated they greeted each other)

2. a temporary ride to another parking spot, kind of one of those “hop in it’s just down the way” things

3. a quick drive up to a gas station or somewhere super close

where ever they parked she was likely drugged and driven somewhere for the rest of it

moo

At first when I heard Magen was in contact with Heidi that morning discussing breastfeeding problems, I imagined some quick drug store run to get lanolin for sore nipples. Now it's obvious Magen didn't take a lot of time fooling Heidi to come along for a ride. It seems Magen was much more aggressive right off. It doesn't sound like she went upstairs to give Heidi a drugged drink. I'm really puzzled how she pulled it off so fast.

And angry. It was only about an hour before Heidi and Margo were happy at the school book fair. We might all have a friend or acquaintance we don't trust completely, but this seems almost like hatred from Magen.

For some reason it reminds me of Selena being killed by her fan club's president. Big betrayal.

IIRC, Heidi thought Magen had had her baby too. Was Heidi expecting to see Magen's new baby that day?

Getting too tired to think and will be thinking too much to sleep. It's a dilemma.

I'm wondering if MF had on the same hoodies when she arrived at HB's apartment and if both strings were still there.

When I first read this
ENoFKT-XsAUfTfN

I kept thinking M.W. not once states the adult white female carrying the baby looked like Heidi. No where, does it say Heidi's description to either females, then I read about the duffel bag and thought, could Heidi have been strangled in the apartment and carried out in a duffel bag? I want a description of who was carrying the baby. I want descriptions of the people M.W. saw. I'm sure LE has that, I just want to know..... Was any of this caught on video?

We need @srg to decipher the abbreviations on that psych eval.

The bi-polar possibility crossed my mind but is outweighed by the psychopath part.

I am not @srg, but can help with abbreviations etc. I work in Psychiatry.

- Diagnosed in early 20s with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD.
- Endorses history of situational depression only (this does not really correlate with a Bipolar diagnosis as depression is biological in a true Bipolar Disorder)
- Endorses history of situational anxiety only.
- No history of or current self-harm.
- No history of psych hospitalizations.
- No history of psych meds (which is concerning if she truly struggles with a Bipolar Disorder. There is Bipolar 1 and Biolar 2 Disorder. Bipolar 1 is more severe and requires a mood stabilizer).
- "SA" in mental health lingo is "suicide attempts). She denies a history.
- "SI/HI/SIB/AVH" is "suicidal ideation/homicidal ideation/self-injurious behavior/auditory & visual hallucinations". She denies a history of and current symptoms.
- Trauma history of sexual assault. "Sexual Assault" is usually not abbreviated on the psych eval and "SA" stands for "suicide attempt".
- Sister is a so-called "protective factor" aka something that keeps MF from harming or killing herself/something that keeps her here.
- She did not require any psych meds while incarcerated.

Based in what I am seeing, i would thoroughly assess for history of depressive/hypomanic/manic episodes. Bipolar 1 is unlikely; she could have not managed w/o meds. Possibly Bipolar 2, but that'sa stretch based on eval... I would closely assess for Borderline Personality as the root cause is trauma; especially sexual trauma. Some red flags are:
- Fear of abandonment (need baby to hold on to ex)
- Unstable relationships (estranged from family)
- Problems with self-image
- Impulsive, risky behaviors (legal problems)
- Self-harm/suicide attempts (which she denies)
- Mood swings (mood described as labile in eval)
- Chronic feelings of emptiness
- etc.

But, yes, there is much more to her than this psych eval leads us to believe... much, much more... this is a very, very abbreviated eval.

Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Last edited:
IIRC, Heidi thought Magen had had her baby too. Was Heidi expecting to see Magen's new baby that day?

Getting too tired to think and will be thinking too much to sleep. It's a dilemma.

I thought of a real life example that happened to me, and a similar thing may have worked in this case.

I was going to have a playdate, my 3 yr old and hers, for lunch. She was going to pick up my son and I and then we'd go pick up her boy from morning preschool. I heard honking in my driveway and so we went out t6o her car and she was frantic---saying the school just called her and her son fell off the top of the slide, hurt his arm, and they are driving him to the ER....

We barely got in her car, which had 2 baby seats, and she quickly drove off. I was in the back trying to get my son buckled in. But I understood her concern and I didn't argue with her about the situation. And I left my house unlocked too, as I was walking to her car to see why she was honking when she screamed about needing to HURRY...

Maybe MF made up a similar story....HURRY, my baby had a seizure, she is in the ER and we need to hurry....blah blah blah

I am not @srg, but can help with abbreviations etc. I work in Psychiatry.

- Diagnosed in early 20s with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD.
- Endorses history of situational depression only (this does not really correlate with a Bipolar diagnosis as depression is biological in a true Bipolar Disorder)
- Endorses history of situational anxiety only.
- No history of or current self-harm.
- No history of psych hospitalizations.
- No history of psych meds (which is concerning if she truly struggles with a Bipolar Disorder. There is Bipolar 1 and Biolar 2 Disorder. Bipolar 1 is more severe and requires a mood stabilizer).
- "SA" in mental health lingo is "suicide attempts). She denies a history.
- "SI/HI/SIB/AVH" is "suicidal ideation/homicidal ideation/self-injurious behavior/auditory & visual hallucinations". She denies a history of and current symptoms.
- Trauma history of sexual assault. "Sexual Assault" is usually not abbreviated on the psych eval and "SA" stands for "suicide attempt".
- Sister is a so-called "protective factor" aka something that keeps MF from harming or killing herself/something that keeps her here.
- She did not require any psych meds while incarcerated.

Based in what I am seeing, i would thoroughly assess for history of depressive/hypomanic/manic episodes. Bipolar 1 is unlikely; she could have not managed w/o meds. Possibly Bipolar 2, but that'sa stretch based on eval... I would closely assess for Borderline Personality as the root cause is trauma; especially sexual trauma. Some red flags are:
- Fear of abandonment (need baby to hold on to ex)
- Unstable relationships (estranged from family)
- Problems with self-image
- Impulsive, risky behaviors (legal problems)
- Self-harm/suicide attempts (which she denies)
- Mood swings (mood described as labile in eval)
- Chronic feelings of emptiness
- etc.

But, yes, there is much more to her than this psych eval leads us to believe... much, much more...

Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Sure helped me! Thank you so much!

I'm wondering if MF had on the same hoodies when she arrived at HB's apartment and if both strings were still there.

When I first read this
ENoFKT-XsAUfTfN

I kept thinking M.W. not once states the adult white female carrying the baby looked like Heidi. No where, does it say Heidi's description to either females, then I read about the duffel bag and thought, could Heidi have been strangled in the apartment and carried out in a duffel bag? I want a description of who was carrying the baby. I want descriptions of the people M.W. saw. I'm sure LE has that, I just want to know..... Was any of this caught on video?
Keep in mind, though, that this isn't MW's full statement but just a portion that was summarized for the affidavit. And, although there are no physical descriptions, we do know that this witness identified MF in a photo line-up with 60-70% certainty. MOO

Melanie Barden on Twitter
This paragraph of Fieramusca affidavit details the apt complex witness account of what happened around the time Heidi Broussard went missing @cbsaustin
ENoFKT-XsAUfTfN.jpg

3:52 PM - 6 Jan 2020 from Austin, TX

Melanie Barden on Twitter
Affidavit says that same witness was presented a photo lineup on 12/19 and she stated she was 60 to 70 percent sure the female she saw in the front seat was Magen Fieramusca @cbsaustin
3:55 PM - 6 Jan 2020

Last edited:
It's amazing she pulled it off. I don't know how she could, either.

Once the car was in DRIVE, I assume all doors locked, leaving HB with no way out. I don’t think we will ever know what MF told HB inside the car, as to why they were traveling outside the complex. I don’t think HB was under any duress in the lot or under any threat. Imo, she simply got in the car with her bestie. She might have asked MF to ride to the rental office on pretense of moving to Austin.
With MF having HB’s apartment key, imo, HB was doomed, one way or another, MF was going to get baby M.
If not today, tomorrow. Had she returned the key, she could have already had a spare made. We don’t know (do we) if MF texted HB from the lot or caught her in the lot? We know the early text regarding breastfeeding issues (if true). AFAIK, that text might have been “I’ll be in Austin around 9.....”. Also, I assume that HB told MF “mom left”, the day before so MF considered the coast clear.
If LE believe there’s another suspect, I’m suggesting they can’t locate him/her. I don’t believe MF has a huge social circle & the few friends she has probably did not wish to be involved in a kidnap/murder situation as they’d get nothing from it. Nor would MF reveal to her friends that her pregnancy was a farce but she had a way to come up with a baby. Moo

I was just reading about the video camera again in the affidavit ... it says that it captures a light colored four door vehicle with the outline, window placement, and general appearance consistent with MF's gray 2015 Nissan four door bearing TX license plate ******* driving northbound towards the rear of the complex at approximately 9:05 AM on December 12, 2019. SC and HB's apartment is on the rear of the complex.

IIRC the apartment complex that they lived in had 1 entrance, 1 exit. If it was going northbound towards the rear, I think it would have only got the car going in, without Heidi in it. Hopefully they were able to see who or how many people were in the vehicle as it entered the complex.

There are two entrances and exits. The main entrance, off Wm. Cannon is on the south side of the complex. You'd have to drive north to get to HB's apartment, which is at the back, or north side. The other exit is on the east side - out to S. 1st, which is the direction the car took off in, according to the witness. If I had to guess, she was parked facing east, perpendicular to the last row of cars in the complex, so she'd have a straight shot out the back (scoped out when she stayed there I'm sure) and on to Houston in the same direction.

She was strangled to death.
Yes, but I kinda think along these same lines when I consider what she did to her in the meantime, until she strangled her to death. Heidi was a new mom and I can almost guarantee you, the second she sensed something wasn’t right, she tried to escape/put up a fight. So IMO I think she was probably subdued in some fashion, until MF had a chance to “deal” with her. We know nothing nefarious took place at the complex, according to the witness statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10