TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two entrances and exits. The main entrance, off Wm. Cannon is on the south side of the complex. You'd have to drive north to get to HB's apartment, which is at the back, or north side. The other exit is on the east side - out to S. 1st, which is the direction the car took off in, according to the witness. If I had to guess, she was parked facing east, perpendicular to the last row of cars in the complex, so she'd have a straight shot out the back (scoped out when she stayed there I'm sure) and on to Houston in the same direction.

what if MF led HB to believe she wanted to go to rental office, apply for an apartment, move to Austin. If they departed as you explain, would they pass the office or could they weave between buildings to get to the office? We did learn HEB caught the car on cam. Tysm

I'm aware.
But unless she was strangled outside her own home, I'd imagine she was first immobilized to enable the getaway.

Oh, I don’t. I think HB had no concerns about MF, her key holding bestie. Why would she? She had zero reason to think her bestie might kill her & steal her baby. I think once the car hit the road and picked up speed is when things went south, with HB possibly asking “wth is going on” and the rest of the story regarding MF’s response we’ll never know. MF is a large, stout woman, if she pulled the car off the road & ordered HB out, HB had no choice but to step out.
I wonder if MF preferred to get a baby thru a stranger abduction, HB not her first choice, but time got away from her so she considered HB her ONLY option. Moo
Look at earlier pics of MF at the beach. The girl has some arms!

Last edited:
This just leaves me so confused. If CG and MF had previously been dating a significant period of time, he would have heard of or possibly met MF’s friend, Heidi. I would think he would have had to have heard news of missing mother Heidi and Baby Margo? Right? So, when MF appears w/baby after being “out of town” (big no-no for at term expectant mothers), the very next day after Heidi and Margo go missing, how does this not raise red flags to CG???
You would think it would --it sure would to me and to all of us here, IMO

Well, you see, it's not apparent at all!
Nothing is apparent yet.
Not a single thing.
Just Heidi was murdered via ligature strangulation and her baby was stolen.
Why? Why? why?

Fair enough. Moo based on other cases of mothers murdered by women who take their babies is that MF’s actions were most likely relationship-motivated and transactional. Keep the man in some sense and keep her living arrangement. But ofc there could be more to it, and I hope eventually there will be some clarity.

IMO I think HB was motivated by MF to leave the apartment in a hurry because MF made up a ruse about the six-year-old (whose name I don't want to use due to his privacy) having an emergency at school (maybe MF was an emergency contact?) and they had to leave right away!

So I wanted to throw out there a thought about the person driving the vehicle Megan showed up in. I've yet to see this question posed and I know it might be/sound crazy BUT as I put thought into this it would tie everything together. What if the person driving Megan's car had no idea that she intended on kidnapping Heidi and the baby because Megan lied and told them she wasn't medically cleared to drive after giving birth so she needed a ride to pick up Heidi? I know it sounds crazy because why would Heidi just get into car with Margo and not have a car seat but maybe Megan told her don't bother with one she can just use "Luna's", and followed up with some lie about Luna staying back with someone because she didn't want to take her out. She could have convinced Heidi that they'd pick her up and take her to meet the baby, and then Megan killed Heidi afterward once the driver was gone. There is no way Heidi was killed in the backseat of that car. I think it happened afterwards. As for why the person hasn't come forward maybe they are scared shitless that Megan will somehow pin it on them and so they are staying silent. I know this is a crazy theory but you just never know especially because this whole case is crazy.

Once the car was in DRIVE, I assume all doors locked, leaving HB with no way out. I don’t think we will ever know what MF told HB inside the car, as to why they were traveling outside the complex. I don’t think HB was under any duress in the lot or under any threat. Imo, she simply got in the car with her bestie. She might have asked MF to ride to the rental office on pretense of moving to Austin.
With MF having HB’s apartment key, imo, HB was doomed, one way or another, MF was going to get baby M.
If not today, tomorrow. Had she returned the key, she could have already had a spare made. We don’t know (do we) if MF texted HB from the lot or caught her in the lot? We know the early text regarding breastfeeding issues (if true). AFAIK, that text might have been “I’ll be in Austin around 9.....”. Also, I assume that HB told MF “mom left”, the day before so MF considered the coast clear.
If LE believe there’s another suspect, I’m suggesting they can’t locate him/her. I don’t believe MF has a huge social circle & the few friends she has probably did not wish to be involved in a kidnap/murder situation as they’d get nothing from it. Nor would MF reveal to her friends that her pregnancy was a farce but she had a way to come up with a baby. Moo
Like the poor girl that got into an Uber and the driver hit the child locks. I'll bet this is right. The driver would control those locks. Horrific.

IMO I think HB was motivated by MF to leave the apartment in a hurry because MF made up a ruse about the six-year-old (whose name I don't want to use due to his privacy) having an emergency at school (maybe MF was an emergency contact?) and they had to leave right away!

HB had just left the school, why would they not call her? Especially since MF lived in Houston. Idk but I’m guessing the school needs the address of all contacts?
Again, I don’t think HB was the least bit concerned about getting in the car with MF. She had no reason to fear her bestie, the bestie that just watched her give birth. We have no idea what took place once the car left the lot. We’ve heard no reports of the vehicle driving erratically, so the driver evidently remained fairly calm. We did learn LE continues to search multiple locations between Austin & Houston. Are they looking for evidence or a suspect is what I’d like to know. All MOO

Last edited:
I appreciate your thoughts on this. I'm not sure what drugs she could have used to instantaneously incapacitate Heidi enough to drive away without any fight from Heidi. I'm not sure, but some drugs might not show up in a tox report. Ether?

How about this scary drug called Devil's Breath?
Scopolamine can be administered through aerosols, cigarettes, gum, or in powder form. Typically, travelers are approached by someone asking for directions; the drug is concealed in a piece of paper and is blown into the victim's face. Is Scopolamine the world's scariest drug?

Female 'Devil's Breath' criminals are blowing drug powder in victim's faces | Daily Mail Online
May have been in her google searches?

HB had just left the school, why would they not call her? Especially since MF lived on Houston. Idk but I’m guessing the school needs the address of all contacts?
Again, I don’t think HB was the least bit concerned about getting in the car with MF. She had no reason to fear her bestie, the bestie that just watched her give birth. We have no idea what took place once the car left the lot. We’ve heard no reports of the vehicle driving erratically, so the driver evidently remained fairly calm. We did learn LE continues to search multiple locations between Austin & Houston. Are they looking for evidence or a suspect is what I’d like to know. All MOO

I didn't mean that the school really had called her. A ruse. We had been discussing what would it take for HB to take the baby in her arms and take off in a car without a carseat or her purse.

How MF got HB into the car has many of us baffled. The way the affidavit is worded sounds like the doors closed and off they went. I wish we had more info from the witness. Hoping LE does, but they may only have what we read.

I am also wondering why no murder charge yet. I feel certain it is coming, but why exactly the delay?

How MF got HB into the car has many of us baffled

We may never know. Heck, HB could have asked MF to drive to look at a specific building with a vacancy, urging her new mom bestie to move to her complex. MF did not need to get HB into her car, she had a key to her apartment. She was so desperate I think k she would have killed her there, leaving with baby M, had HB not willingly entered her car.
As far as HB’s purse left in unlocked car, I think she may have hit the unlock rather than lock on her fob, intending to leave her purse in the car for her later errand run. One less thing to haul up & down the stairs. I also don’t think HB needed a diaper bag to go to school & a book fair. Jmo

How MF got HB into the car has many of us baffled. The way the affidavit is worded sounds like the doors closed and off they went. I wish we had more info from the witness. Hoping LE does, but they may only have what we read.

I am also wondering why no murder charge yet. I feel certain it is coming, but why exactly the delay?

Due to much discussed requirement in Texas for grand jury indictment for such charge (which allows for supeonoa that courts may not have afterwards for testimony MOO.) They need to nail it all down and dot i's and cross t's for any and all involved in such (and/or excluding others the defense may point at) for prosecution in the end. Long sighted view. MOO.

Primary goal is good prosecution vs. speed. No rush for LE. MOO it's SOP if LE has someone in custody while they continue the investigation. We've seen such in so many murder cases that they arrest someone and throw them in jail for other charges prior to the murder charge. It gives them more time once the person has been arrested (iirc, 175 days for a felony, 90 days for a misdemeanor in Texas) and it gives the perp time to think while sitting in the pokey to perhaps confess.

ETA: And time to get some forensics back may have been needed also for the grand jury consideration. And also, it nails down any future testimony, under oath with penalty, of others associated with the case in front of the grand jury, e.g. CG.

Last edited:
Mostly the same story in Wapo, but I hadn't remembered VS saying this about a pillow over her stomach. But it is in the PEOPLE article linked to. I think men are just easier to fool regarding preg. matters. The same day SC says she looks very pregnant, VS is noticing things. That guy CG is either a fool or has a very big heart, a week after the baby arrives he's out buying baby supplies. And letting her stay and stay and stay after they "broke up". But he must have a very bad nose, I want to hear why he didn't notice the odor.
"Vickie Shreves, another close friend of Broussard’s, told People that Fieramusca didn’t look that pregnant when she turned up in the delivery room, and kept a pillow over her stomach."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ssard-took-her-newborn-baby/#comments-wrapper

BBM
Good question! LE have stated, "it's complicated." IF someone else was driving that car and they don't know who, it IS complicated.

Keep in mind, though, that this isn't MW's full statement but just a portion that was summarized for the affidavit. And, although there are no physical descriptions, we do know that this witness identified MF in a photo line-up with 60-70% certainty. MOO

Melanie Barden on Twitter
This paragraph of Fieramusca affidavit details the apt complex witness account of what happened around the time Heidi Broussard went missing @cbsaustin
ENoFKT-XsAUfTfN.jpg

3:52 PM - 6 Jan 2020 from Austin, TX

Melanie Barden on Twitter
Affidavit says that same witness was presented a photo lineup on 12/19 and she stated she was 60 to 70 percent sure the female she saw in the front seat was Magen Fieramusca @cbsaustin
3:55 PM - 6 Jan 2020

I saw that, but did she positvly ID Heidi as one entering the car?

So I wanted to throw out there a thought about the person driving the vehicle Megan showed up in. I've yet to see this question posed and I know it might be/sound crazy BUT as I put thought into this it would tie everything together. What if the person driving Megan's car had no idea that she intended on kidnapping Heidi and the baby because Megan lied and told them she wasn't medically cleared to drive after giving birth so she needed a ride to pick up Heidi? I know it sounds crazy because why would Heidi just get into car with Margo and not have a car seat but maybe Megan told her don't bother with one she can just use "Luna's", and followed up with some lie about Luna staying back with someone because she didn't want to take her out. She could have convinced Heidi that they'd pick her up and take her to meet the baby, and then Megan killed Heidi afterward once the driver was gone. There is no way Heidi was killed in the backseat of that car. I think it happened afterwards. As for why the person hasn't come forward maybe they are scared shitless that Megan will somehow pin it on them and so they are staying silent. I know this is a crazy theory but you just never know especially because this whole case is crazy.

Good theory. MF could have lied to HB that baby Luna was in the hospital -- probably told her she noticed Luna too was jaundice -- especially as they allegedly only spent one night at the birthing center. Of course HB would drop everything for MF to go to the hospital with her.

ETA: Correct baby name! Thanks @dixiegirl1035 and @susiQ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members