NC - Stacy Hunsucker, allegedly killed by husband with eye drops, 23 Sept 2018 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Stacy Hunsucker, suffered some health issue at her home September 23, 2018, Green said. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment and “eventually succumbed” to the health issue.

A Department of Insurance agent and the medical investigator tested vials of her blood and found high levels of tetrahydrozoline, “which is one of the active ingredients in a certain eye drop medicine that you would use to clear your eyes.”

A toxicologist and cardiologist advised that the medication could cause heart stoppage or failure in a short time span. Investigators believe Joshua Hunsucker poisoned his wife, causing her death. Authorities have ruled out suicide and other people contributing to her death.

Joshua Hunsucker, who appeared in court Friday, has been charged with first-degree murder.

“He also has $250,000 from life insurance proceeds that he collected upon his wife’s death. He has less holding him here than the picture was painted, and he has considerable assets as he collected this life insurance policy some one year ago.

The judge set bail at $1.5 million and said Hunsucker is to be fitted with a GPS monitor if he bonds out. He remains in the Gaston County Jail. He is due back in court in January.

A North Carolina paramedic is accused of killing his wife with eye drops

Thanks for posting this JerseyGirl! I read this and I thought with, killed her with eye drops. I have never heard of such a thing. What a cruel crime.

The reason it caught my attention is because I just had cataract surgery. You have to put in a bunch of eye drops and I wouldn't have thought that could kill you.

May Stacy RIP!

Updates:
GASTONIA, N.C. — The family of a Gaston County woman, who died after investigators said her husband poisoned her with eye drops, broke their silence for the first time this week.

Stacy Hunsucker's family released a written statement through an attorney as her husband Joshua Hunsucker bonded out of jail.
Family of eye drops murder victim release only public statement

The man accused of administering a fatal dose of eye drop poisoning to his wife in 2018 agreed Monday to provide an accounting of his current financial assets by Jan. 22.

Gaston County Superior Court Judge Jesse B. Caldwell Jr. granted a temporary restraining order on Dec. 23, 2019, ordering that Joshua Lee Hunsucker not use the $250,000 he received from two life insurance policies shortly after the death of his wife, Stacy Robinson Hunsucker, to post his $1.5 million bail related to his first-degree murder charge.
Gaston judge warns murder suspect over life insurance assets

The man who is accused of using eye drops to poison his wife was not allowed to use the $250,000 he received from two life insurance policies shortly after her death in September 2018 to post his $1.5 million bail on Christmas Eve.

And, if his former mother-in-law gets her wish, Joshua Lee Hunsucker will also be required to forfeit the money which they claim he’s used to pay off his home, buy a $100,000 boat and take vacations with a girlfriend, who they believe he was having an affair with prior to his wife’s death.
More allegations against man accused of poisoning wife with Visine

In addition to first-degree murder, a grand jury indicted Hunsucker on insurance fraud and obtaining property by false pretenses greater than $100,000.
New charges for NC man accused of poisoning wife with eye drops

Coincidentally, Stacy Hunsucker worked for many years at the Stowe Family YMCA - the same YMCA very close to the spot on the Catawba River where Ira Yarmolenko's body was found in 2008.

Hunsucker goes to court Thursday 9/22 for the helicopter fire charges. The wheels of justice are moving slowly in NC.

A few updates, one of which is rather strange.

From the link above:

There is still no set trial date for Hunsucker's murder charge.

From the link above:

There is still no set trial date for Hunsucker's murder charge.

Unfortunately, Gaston County court records are not available online. Wondering what the delay is in setting a trial date ?
Could be court backlog or maybe Hunsucker's latest claim he was kidnapped by Stacy's parents back in February ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back