OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn’t seen this video of Harley before. It appears though that Harley was able to live-stream from a classroom computer? At the end his teacher tells him to “Stop”. May 31, 2018

So much for the school computers only being used for school related work. Somehow he figured out how to hack through the school's firewall and live stream.

So much for the school computers only being used for school related work. Somehow he figured out how to hack through the school's firewall and live stream.
i would think those laptops would work with home or other wifi sources so it's possible he turned on his phones cellular hotspot and connected to that thus bypassing any school firewall. but then it's also possible the school doesn't have much of a firewall.

I do like that boy, although I can see that he might be a handful for a teacher or parent. He seems very resourceful, fun-loving, and quick to laugh. I hope and pray that Harley is found soon, alive and well.

Aerial Search Yields No Clues In Teen’s Disappearance

January 7, 2020

The whereabouts of Port Clinton teenager Harley Dilly remain a mystery after an aerial search.

State troopers took pictures of several areas near Dilly’s home in hopes that color-imaging software would provide new clues.

Harley has been missing since December 20th.

A reward for information leading to his safe return is nearing $18,000.

The Port Clinton Police Department has been posting daily updates on its Facebookpage.

Aerial Search Yields No Clues In Teen's Disappearance - WFIN

upload_2020-1-7_11-20-21.png
Saturday 01/11/2020 @ 9.am Lakeview park. 1100 E Perry St, Port Clinton, OH 43452
We will meet at the park and split into groups and go from there once we have had a small meeting. Please wear hi viz clothing if you do not have any wear something brightly colored. Also make sure to dress appropriate for the weather and make sure your phones are fully charged In case you need to get in contact with someone!
Port Clinton community members schedule an organized search for Harley Dilly - FindlayOhio.org

MOO, it occurred to me that maybe the chief's comments about harley having a special diet, needing to bath frequently, and being around the home a lot were things the parents told him and he might be tossing them out to the public to see if any folks who know harley might call in and say stuff like, whenever he was over here he smelled like he had not taken a bath in 3 or 4 days, or, harley would eat whatever was put in front of him, was always hungry and ate a lot of candy and junk food, or, he was here a couple hours maybe 2 or 3 days a week. maybe chief is trying to get a feeling for the credibility of what he is being told by the parents. there's usually a reason why LE makes certain statements in pressers and i was thinking maybe he's looking for feedback on his statements. MOO

I regard the disclosure of HD's daily habits as somewhat perplexing, as I suspect many 14-year old boys would be pretty embarassed to have the world made aware of their need to repeatedly bathe/shower, their particular eating habits, their compulsion to stick to a strict daily routine. Even if the family thought it necessary to provide these details to the PD, I am a little aghast that they consented to have these peculiar habits broadcast to the world (I can't see how these details are any more useful to the public than the PD simply saying, "He maintains a strict daily routine, follows a particular diet, and rarely deviates from either").
HD's mom has also said some strangely unflattering/potentially embarassing things on SM about HD's history and his, um, general hygiene (or lack thereof) but it looks like the links to these posts that were previously embedded in online MSM reporting on the boy's disappearance have expired/been removed by the family member in question.

In light of these kinds of disclosures and comments, I wonder if the family and/or the PD's strategy is based on the belief that HD is stubbornly hiding out somewhere and that he'll be provoked into coming home as potentially-embarassing info about his life and habits is shared with the public through the media.

MOO/IMO

I regard the disclosure of HD's daily habits as somewhat perplexing, as I suspect many 14-year old boys would be pretty embarassed to have the world made aware of their need to repeatedly bathe/shower, their particular eating habits, their compulsion to stick to a strict daily routine. Even if the family thought it necessary to provide these details to the PD, I am a little aghast that they consented to have these peculiar habits broadcast to the world (I can't see how these details are any more useful to the public than the PD simply saying, "He maintains a strict daily routine, follows a particular diet, and rarely deviates from either").
HD's mom has also said some strangely unflattering/potentially embarassing things on SM about HD's history and his, um, general hygiene (or lack thereof) but it looks like the links to these posts that were previously embedded in online MSM reporting on the boy's disappearance have expired/been removed by the family member in question.

In light of these kinds of disclosures and comments, I wonder if the family and/or the PD's strategy is based on the belief that HD is stubbornly hiding out somewhere and that he'll be provoked into coming home as potentially-embarassing info about his life and habits is shared with the public through the media.

MOO/IMO

Unless, none of those things are true.

Some of his daily habits ie showering 5 times a day sounds like full blown OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder). IMO. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens. Some kids will try to hide it as they feel they're not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa