Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages on Kevin Bacon’s phone lead police to Latunski's house

"Clayton Township Police received information from the Grindr app on Bacon's phone, which was recovered in his vehicle, that showed he had been having a conversation with 50-year-old Latunski, Kaiser said.

Police uncovered some of the messages between Latunski and Bacon, which led them to Latunski's home in Bennington Township during the early morning hours of Dec. 28.

SNIPPED

While police were checking the basement they found a hidden room, Kaiser said."

so THAT's why he let them have a look see. he didn't think they would find it....

We tossed around the point early in as to whether Kevin drove to that plaza and was picked up or did he drive to killers house and later killer drove the car to the plaza. Either way he was cognizant enough to drive. It seems odd to me that Kevin would leave his phone, wallet etc. in a plaza on Christmas Eve when dark and business's likely closed. If killer did pick him up I feel that Kevin's belongings were placed in the car after he was killed. I also wonder if LE found the car keys. Points I'm pondering.

The animal was diagnosed with "Borderline Personality Disorder", but it looks as if reporters managed to use "traits of a personality disorder". Substantial differences. BPD is the border between reality and Hell. Unmedicated, the highs of self-esteem are intense, the lows debilitating. The mania can cause violent outbursts with more strength than normal. He built a room, stopped taking his meds, lured and slaughtered an innocent man. That's not an impulse gone awry.

We tossed around the point early in as to whether Kevin drove to that plaza and was picked up or did he drive to killers house and later killer drove the car to the plaza. Either way he was cognizant enough to drive. It seems odd to me that Kevin would leave his phone, wallet etc. in a plaza on Christmas Eve when dark and business's likely closed. If killer did pick him up I feel that Kevin's belongings were placed in the car after he was killed. I also wonder if LE found the car keys. Points I'm pondering.

WAG, that the park searched may have been the original meet up, or lead-to spot for casual encounter. The racetrack blood hasn't been mentioned locally, so I'm not sure if it was a poaching situation or related.

The animal was diagnosed with "Borderline Personality Disorder", but it looks as if reporters managed to use "traits of a personality disorder". Substantial differences. BPD is the border between reality and Hell. Unmedicated, the highs of self-esteem are intense, the lows debilitating. The mania can cause violent outbursts with more strength than normal. He built a room, stopped taking his meds, lured and slaughtered an innocent man. That's not an impulse gone awry.
Borderline personality is pretty dangerous and can’t always be treated. I had a friend with this disorder and i had to walk away. She would have brought my entire family down if I allowed her to stay. But doctors told me it isn’t always treatable as it’s a personality. However, schizophrenia should have been treated. IMO

Bravo, I seem to recall that Kevin’s roommate said that Kevin told her she was meeting a guy in or from Swartz Creek. Yet the killer lived in Morrice. That makes me think they met up at the store in Swartz Creek and then Kevin left his car there and went to Morrice with the killer. Does that make sense? (I’m sure LE probably already knows the answer to this mystery based on the Grindr chats or interviews with the killer.)

When I worked in LE, I always dreaded encountering people with BPD. Very difficult people to deal with in my experience. They were very prone to self-harm, which I don’t think we have seen with the killer. I think he valued himself too much for that. Maybe narcissistic personality?

Borderline personality is pretty dangerous and can’t always be treated. I had a friend with this disorder and i had to walk away. She would have brought my entire family down if I allowed her to stay. But doctors told me it isn’t always treatable as it’s a personality. However, schizophrenia should have been treated. IMO

Absolutely. And as turbulent as it is around them, inside is exponentially worse. An intelligent, high-functioning person can disguise most of it. I've heard... Without a support person, watcher, pill counter, it's easy to get in a bad place.

When I worked in LE, I always dreaded encountering people with BPD. Very difficult people to deal with in my experience. They were very prone to self-harm, which I don’t think we have seen with his killer. I think he valued himself too much for that. Maybe narcissistic personality?

Self harm is less without the depressive triggers and/or with a sense of responsibility for others. "Who would feed the dog?" Most LE encounters are going to be while they're in the darkest.

The exaggerated self-image is absolutely a part of BPD, and sexual dominance can induce a euphoria. IMO/IME

I dont think he really means a dark side though,I think he just doesnt understand it and he doesnt want people to judge his baby and speak badly of him. Obviously we all know better but I'm sure they feel so exposed right now:(

I think you are absolutely right. I think he used “dark side” to mean a side that they didn’t understand.

Why have a secret room if having it and engaging in whatever is his "norm" I am most interested to hear what exactly was in that room.

Within the more serious bdsm lifestyle, it’s pretty common to have a room set up as a scene space (dungeon). I’m guessing that early in the divorce, the kids were still coming over. ML likely built the play space at that time so the kids wouldn’t stumble upon it.

What you’re describing is (IMO), bipolar disorder, NOT, BPD.

Not sure if you are using "BPD" as an acronym for borderline personality disorder or for bipolar disorder. That acronym is generally used for the former and not the latter. Here are the DSM-5 criteria for Borderline.

Diagnostic criteria for 301.83 Borderline Personality Disorder | Behavenet

Hi welcome. What are your thoughts about the room being hidden that he was found in? That to me is a deliberate creation in order to hide from people things that he didn't want know about in his life. He and his husband were so open about their BDSM lifestyle on FaceBook. Why not just have certain toys, etc. set up in the basement and only let people that are into that lifestyle down in the basement and keep it locked. But why an actual secret room?

I am going to keep up with this case until the trial as a lurker, for the mere reason these unusual cases seem to encompass many different beliefs, judgments, and opinions. I believe everyone has a right to their own perspectives and beliefs, but have learned over the years, to wait until trials, to avoid offending someone with my perspectives in a case like this one which is quite unique in it's circumstances. So my last thoughts about this case for awhile:

Warning, the details of the testimony are graphic.

Detectives said they went to Latunski's home to perform a welfare check as that was the last location Bacon was believed to have been.

When they entered Latunski's Shiawassee County home, detectives testified they found Bacon hanging naked from the ceiling.

According to testimony from the detective, Latunski confessed to killing Bacon by stabbing him with a knife in the back one time then slitting his throat.

He also admitted to police he wrapped a rope around Bacon’s ankles and hung him from the rafters on the ceiling.

According to the documents, Latunski admitted he used the knife to cut off Bacon's testicles and consumed them.

Derek Park, who lives nearby, was disturbed by this detail.

"Now that part's disturbing, that's nasty. He's a little nuts, like he knew what was happening and he just (said) 'hey, yeah come on in, take a look around' like there's nothing wrong," Park said.

Until the trial, my personal perspective and opinion is Latunski's behavior, unless he is an Oscar award winning actor, plus it is difficult to fool competent psychiatrists, if someone were to pretend to be a person afflicted with schizophrenia today, although, this may have occurred long ago when less was understood about this mental illness.

Latunski's perplexing 'norm' behavior, as if "hey nothing happening here, what's up?" may be key in a 'right from wrong,' defense. A sane but diabolical killer usually goes to great lengths to hide and discard a crime of this severity because they have the mental faculties intact, to understand it is wrong, and we see the different lengths people go to, to avoid prison, in ridding of evidence.

This is only an opinion and not an opinion that I believe he should be set free. If found insane, life in a proper mental asylum for life is what I would hope for, but not sure our society cares anymore about the well fare and extremely long term treatments the sickest and most debilitated population of the mentally ill are in need of. In my personal opinion, a lobotomy or death would be more humane for a severe schizophrenic than prison, which is akin to handing over an extremely vulnerable person to people who enjoy killing and torturing others for purely pleasure, and are not mentally ill, they are simply uncaring, diabolical, and many imo evil to the core.

Not sure if you are using "BPD" as an acronym for borderline personality disorder or for bipolar disorder. That acronym is generally used for the former and not the latter. Here are the DSM-5 criteria for Borderline.

Diagnostic criteria for 301.83 Borderline Personality Disorder | Behavenet

No, I'm using it correctly, and as it was originally reported as his diagnosis. I just wanted neither to project nor empathize with him.
When my own was changed from the latter to the former, a couple decades late, life made a lot more sense. 9 for 9, typical overachiever ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam