TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone brought up a really good point on the last thread and wanted to mention it here as I think it rings true.

There was mention that LE found out that MF was searching on the internet for "bodies found" and so its possible she did dump HB body somewhere shortly after she took the baby the very morning HB disappeared. Maybe what happened is she began to panic that if LE found HB body, they would tie her back to the crime somehow so MF may have gone back with a duffel bag to pick up the body and put it in the trunk until she could figure out a better place to get rid of it. That could explain why she still had the body in the trunk.
If so, where was little sweet unsuspecting baby Margo during this 'recovery' process?

This is my feeling of the timing. I could obviously be wrong.

I imagine LE questioned Shane about MF and Heidi’s other friends early on. I don’t think they completely narrowed in on MF until they got the witness report of Heidi greeting a female and entering the backseat of a car willingly. (Witness spoken to on 18th?) My guess is that report led them to focus on female friends, and it gave them a time and a description of a vehicle to be looking for on any video surveillance captured in or around the apartment complex that morning.

From there, the wheels got spinning quickly.

MOO
I think they narrowed in on MF when they heard of missing keys...those keys are going to be of significance somewhere or they wouldn’t have been mentioned in the AA at all. Moo

Someone brought up a really good point on the last thread and wanted to mention it here as I think it rings true.

There was mention that LE found out that MF was searching on the internet for "bodies found" and so its possible she did dump HB body somewhere shortly after she took the baby the very morning HB disappeared. Maybe what happened is she began to panic that if LE found HB body, they would tie her back to the crime somehow so MF may have gone back with a duffel bag to pick up the body and put it in the trunk until she could figure out a better place to get rid of it. That could explain why she still had the body in the trunk.
OR, maybe she was checking to see if the body of the "driver" was found. At this point, it is within the realm of possibility that someone else was driving the car and "expendable." Just speculation of course but the DA did say, "it's complicated." MOO

Deleted double post

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the AA is to show probable cause for an arrest. It contains the info needed to get her arrested. Meaning it doesn’t need to show/tell when they started looking into her or why.
We could find more about that out at her 2/3 hearing but I think they were on to her way before 12/18. Like as in as soon as they ruled out SC.
As much info that was released there is still way more that wasn’t. IMO

That's true and you may be right that LE was onto MF way before 12/18.

Just based on what we know now though, I don't get the sense that MF was at the top of LE's radar prior to the eyewitness coming forward, for several reasons.

--No one in Heidi's world reports to have suspected MF of faking her pregnancy or being involved in the disappearances (instead they shared information with MF, said that she seemed very concerned, and expressed shock when LE honed in on MF); per Heidi's friends' interviews.

--It wouldn't have been suspicious at all that Heidi's last phone or text conversation had been with her very good (supposed) friend MF, especially since MF reportedly volunteered the date/time/supposed content of that communication freely; per Tim Miller's interview.

--LE did not request or make an in-person visit to MF to interview her (and get a feel for her reaction) regarding her good friend's disappearance; per Tim Miller's interview.

-- In Shane's friend's interview after MF was arrested, he said that Shane had told him he'd been grilled by LE about MF. Even so, it doesn't seem odd, to me, if LE was grilling Shane about himself, MF, and likely many other people close to Heidi (especially since, per Tim Miller, MF had pointed the finger directly at Shane).

--I haven't seen anything to indicate that Shane had been ruled out of any involvement prior to MF's arrest. I tend to believe that LE was working parallel angles before they had evidence that Heidi had left the apartment of her own accord after getting home from the school book fair and before being reported missing.

Crossing my fingers we do find out more details at the 2/3 hearing.

Last edited:
Sounding off here....and I apologize in advance for this rant.

I am going back and forth between being grateful that they arrested MF within a week of the abduction/murder and being frustrated that it didn't happen sooner and wondering if HB could have been spared the indignity of staying in a trunk for 7 days (if she was there the entire time.)

If, in fact, they did get phone records very quickly (within 18 hours or so) then they would see that one of the last people that HB spoke with was MF. If MF had been a male friend, would they have done more digging sooner?

Logic dictates that they would dig into MF as much as possible (asking SC questions, checking to see if she had a record...etc.) As soon as they heard that MF had a baby that was due the same day as HF and that MF had been one of the only other people in the delivery room when MC was born, why the heck didn't they go deep on this lead immediately?

They had her phone # obviously, since Tim Miller from TE had no trouble chatting with her for 45 minutes over the phone. Why not visit her in person immediately to conduct an interview with HB's so-called 'best friend' who supposedly 'just had a baby' and may be able to offer insight into her disappearance being the last person who spoke with her?

Normally I am one who fully supports all of the efforts of LE in 90% of cases, but in this case, unless we are missing a big piece of the puzzle (which is very possible) I cannot fathom why they didn't speak to MF in person within 48 hours.
Am I missing something?

JMO

In hindsight, I think CITY law enforcement is kicking themselves because they did not do such as far as interviewing her in person as the last contact. Definitely a training moment for any future investigations I would think. Not sure what date they learned she was indeed the last contact if that happened. But remember, the FBI and the behavioral analysis unit wasn't brought in until afterwards.

I am going back and forth between being grateful that they arrested MF within a week of the abduction/murder and being frustrated that it didn't happen sooner and wondering if HB could have been spared the indignity of staying in a trunk for 7 days (if she was there the entire time.)

If, in fact, they did get phone records very quickly (within 18 hours or so) then they would see that one of the last people that HB spoke with was MF. If MF had been a male friend, would they have done more digging sooner?

Logic dictates that they would dig into MF as much as possible (asking SC questions, checking to see if she had a record...etc.) As soon as they heard that MF had a baby that was due the same day as HF and that MF had been one of the only other people in the delivery room when MC was born, why the heck didn't they go deep on this lead immediately?

They had her phone # obviously, since Tim Miller from TE had no trouble chatting with her for 45 minutes over the phone. Why not visit her in person immediately to conduct an interview with HB's so-called 'best friend' who supposedly 'just had a baby' and may be able to offer insight into her disappearance being the last person who spoke with her?

Normally I am one who fully supports all of the efforts of LE in 90% of cases, but in this case, unless we are missing a big piece of the puzzle (which is very possible) I cannot fathom why they didn't speak to MF in person within 48 hours.
Am I missing something?

JMO
^^^THIS^^^Exactly this!! If we're NOT missing something, it would appear they did. JMHO

That seems plausible to me! Except - how could MF be certain that morning as she started on her desperate mission, that she would catch Heidi outside? Unless Heidi mentioned the shopping trip....
Perhaps MF was ready to do whatever it took to "have her baby". Gag
She could have just said on the phone: I’ll beep when I’m there!

remember, FBI searched apartments and nearby homes Wednesday, 12-18. So the day before busting MF, LE still focused on the apartment complex. Iirc 12-17 the FBI joined the search, so the phone record didn’t set off any alarms, imo.
Also T Miller spoke with MF (not sure how many X), she did not raise any red flags.
Moo

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

Heidi Broussard missing: FBI joins search for Texas mom, 3-week-old daughter - The Washington Time
It's about just how quickly they received the cctv footage showing Heidi entering MF car.
I'm surprised they appear to have only recovered a single source of footage. I would have expected there was lots to be obtained.

I'm surprised they appear to have only recovered a single source of footage. I would have expected there was lots to be obtained.

Remember in the interview with SC and TC, they said that they had already asked HEB for footage? That would be great footage to get because HEB is on the driver's (north) side of the way they'd be leaving to head east. Maybe they have it and just aren't saying anything about it yet. SO many businesses in the short mile or so before 35 - a bank, gas stations, HEB, numerous fast food outlets, a Big Lots, a pawn shop - both sides of that busy stretch. Someone has something.

That's is a really good theory but it doesn't explain why the car seat is found upstairs. Imo
After reading comments about this theory what if this:

Instead of leaving things in the unlocked car knowing she’ll be right back down, she brings her purse and (maybe/maybe not- it hasn’t been confirmed afaik if the diaper bag was in the house or car) down when she goes down to peek on Luna, and plans to grab the rest of if after, so she isn’t having to carry the baby in the carrier, diaper bag, purse, etc down that stairway all at once.

She could have unlocked her car, thrown her purse in, went to see MF/Luna in MF’s car, and was planning on locking the car before she went back upstairs, which we all know didn’t happen

Am I missing something?

JMO
Well said and thanks for saying it!
There is speculation that Heidi died on the day she was captured. What if it turns out that she died several days later?
I suppose I too believe she died on the day she was taken, but there is no evidence available to us to confirm or deny this, at this point in time.
I wonder when her autopsy will become available?

OR, maybe she was checking to see if the body of the "driver" was found. At this point, it is within the realm of possibility that someone else was driving the car and "expendable." Just speculation of course but the DA did say, "it's complicated." MOO
Oh God! He did, didn't he?
I'd completely forgotten that.
what could it possibly mean?
Very unusual comment from him.

I must have missed that - where's that comment?
I'd have to look, and I'm pressed for time today. It was in an article that also covered something MF's attorneys said with respect to getting more info from the DA, iirc.

I must have missed that - where's that comment?
Misquote on my part, NOT "it's complicated" but refusal to provide more info due to "case complexity." My bad, thanks for calling me out :)

"Texas prosecutors are not required to provide Defense Counsel with all of the actual case evidence until the felony is indicted by a grand jury, which could be months away. However, Travis County has maintained a policy to provide pre-indictment discovery/evidence to the Defense team (see: Defense Attorney Information under 'Things To Be Aware Of' drop down list #7). We have asked they comply with their policy, but prosecutors have now refused, citing case complexity."

Full article here:
Austin mom killing: What may have happened before Heidi Broussard's death

I sure hope there's a lot more video that LE can use in this case.

They may have had oodles of it, but didn't know what they were looking for until the eyewitness came forward.

We don't know how visible Heidi and Margo were in the backseat of MF's car or how clear any potential footage is. But, now that LE has a suspect and vehicle identified, potential footage that wasn't apparently useful while Heidi and Margo were missing could be very useful in building a case against MF (and determining if anyone else was present/involved).

Last edited:
#44 in the affidavit, indicates to me that it was on the 19th. The way it's worded, I guess they could have been there before then, but IMO they weren't based on the activity at the apartment on the 18th, the witness gave a statement on the 18th, didn't do a photo line up to identify MF until the 19th.

Magen Fieramusca Affadavit.pdf

Right, I see it the same, ty. Iirc SC provided LE MF’s phone number, per AA, so they were not concerned with her until late 12-18 & 12-19, no reason to suspect HB’s best friend, a new mom herself. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah