OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
“In 2015, she also wrote, “Okay. Won’t go into detail but Harley is bored and we’ll boys who are bored get into trouble…” And that same year: “Omg omg omg big surprise for Harley Dilly for his bday…Let’s just say…life is getting much busier…and I love it ❤””

Wonder what Harley got for his birthday that year that was such a big surprise? A new phone? Laptop?

“In 2015, she also wrote, “Okay. Won’t go into detail but Harley is bored and we’ll boys who are bored get into trouble…” And that same year: “Omg omg omg big surprise for Harley Dilly for his bday…Let’s just say…life is getting much busier…and I love it ❤””

Wonder what Harley got for his birthday that year that was such a big surprise? A new phone? Laptop?

I think he got a baby brother that year.

JMO.

The chief found out on Facebook that Harley’s mom had posted about her concern
WTH???????????? Why weren't the police called directly like all the times before? Why did the Chief have to find out on SM? Why did mom say she didn't see him,she talked to him,and there's a difference? What difference? Why can't she talk about it????????? When exactly did his phone get broken,or taken away? What was happening when it got broken,or taken away?

Is that news source (in the post you responded to) considered a MSM source? It does not appear to be correct about some things.

For example, that source reports as 24 the number of hours that Harley was missing before a parent posted on Facebook that he was missing. But, he was actually missing nearly 42 hours if you count from the time the mother claimed that she interacted, but did not see him on Dec 20.

As far as we know the claim that HD left the house for school the morning of Dec 20 was corroborated ONLY by the supposed video surveillance photo from a neighbor - a photo or still which seems to me unreliable as it is grainy and reveals no discernible details such as hair or clothing color, eyeglasses or not, facial hair or not; it is reliable only as a "possibly like" silhouette in a location proximate to where HD might be expected to be if the mother's claim of interaction that morning is true.

That image most certainly wouldn't put any of us to rest that we need no longer worry about HD if it were presented to us today as evidence of his living presence taken as video this morning, would it?

So, no missing child report for 42 hours AFTER Harley supposedly claimed to be feeling too ill to attend school and was asked to leave anyway with NO PHONE on his person to raise alarms if an emergency arose. No missing child report for approximately 40 hours after the school attempted to make contact with a parent but reaches a full voicemail on that parent's cellphone instead (presumably leaving a "missed call" notification). If Harley had an attack of appendicitis on the way to school that morning, he'd have been on his own to deal with it.

The number of hours missing before a parent posted on Facebook that he was missing increases to nearly 54 hours if the last reliable sighting of him was based on the personal witness of the friend's father as HD left their house the evening before.

Last edited:
By the way, the parent posted that Harley was missing on Facebook at nearly midnight, so it would be reasonable to expect that raising the alarm that way (rather than reporting directly to the police department) is not going to produce much in the way of help until the next morning.

A picture of 14-year-old Harley is now showing up on a rotating digital billboard near Interstate 480 in Cleveland. The image also features a physical description as well as the phone number for the U.S. Marshals Service.

Dilly has not been seen since Dec. 20, after he left his home apparently headed to school. He never showed up, and while Police Chief Rob Hickman has said he is officially treating Harley's disappearance as a runaway, Det. Ronald Timmons told A&E's Live PD Saturday night that the boy has "a very particular schedule" and has not been active on any of his social media platforms. He added Harley could be in danger, and that officials believe he was not expecting to be outside for very long and was instead planning to meet with a still unknown person.

A reward for information leading to Dilly's location has reached $17,000, and billboard have also gone up in the Toledo area. Anyone with such information is asked to immediately call the U.S. Marshals at (866) 492-6833.bbm
Missing teen Harley Dilly's photograph now showing up on electronic billboards around Cleveland

Last edited:
Just my opinion but sadly it seems things are slowly getting to back to normal on the Port Clinton community pages as there’s not many new posts or new information about Harley.

Even the Facebook “Missing” groups have slowed to a crawl with no news articles or tweets to discuss. The community search is now officially cancelled due to rain and apparently no announcements of new LE searches planned.

So is this how it all ends for Harley and now the case just goes cold? I just can’t help but feel that Harley was failed during this investigation. It’s been 19 days and we still don’t have a timeline to go off of or his home address to pin on a map. I’ve never seen such a lack of information about a missing child as we’ve seen in this case.

I’m sorry Harley.

JMO

Last edited:
Just my opinion but sadly it seems things are slowly getting to back to normal on the Port Clinton community pages as there’s not many new posts or new information about Harley.

Even the Facebook “Missing” groups have slowed to a crawl with no news articles or tweets to discuss. The community search is now officially cancelled due to rain and apparently no announcements of new LE searches planned.

So is this how it all ends for Harley and now the case just goes cold? I just can’t help but feel that Harley was failed during this investigation. It’s been 19 days and we still don’t have a timeline to go off of or his home address to pin on a map. I’ve never seen such a lack of information about a missing child as we’ve seen in this case.

I’m sorry Harley.

JMO

So true and so sad. Hopefully they will have surveillance of him and maybe that is taking awhile to put together. Not sure why they waited a couple of weeks to ask for it though. Port Clinton police request surveillance footage to help find Harley Dilly

“He added Harley could be in danger, and that officials believe he was not expecting to be outside for very long and was instead planning to meet with a still unknown person.”

I believe this is why all the other law enforcement agencies were called in early on. We were all so shocked that so much resources were dedicated to him so quickly when other "runaways" hardly get a mention or never get mentioned on the news.

Same here,my older boys are 20 and 24 and have just recently left home,and if they were out during the night I was always aware if they had come home and if they weren't back by a time I would have expected them to be in,I would at first text and thankfully 9/10 i would get a "sorry,staying at a mates" reply. If no reply then frantic ringing until they picked up(thankfully they always picked up!).

Same here. My son is 19 now and didn't quite get it when he was younger. I showed him this... he's much more compassionate about my worrying now. ;)

Attachments

• a4f666baeb61f08c05153ce17051f3c7.jpg
    a4f666baeb61f08c05153ce17051f3c7.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 127
By the way, the parent posted that Harley was missing on Facebook at nearly midnight, so it would be reasonable to expect that raising the alarm that way (rather than reporting directly to the police department) is not going to produce much in the way of help until the next morning.
Per the chief, parents reported to law enforcement at 11:30 pm Saturday night. Chief heard about it on Sunday.

Quote snipped by me.
IMO People with Aspergers are at risk for depression and suicide, just as anyone else. And it does happen.
This whole line of discussion isn't really fair to Harley. His personal medical business should not have been released on SM.

In all fairness, it hasn't been.

NO where in the media has any official said that Harley had any medical diagnosis. NO WHERE. I think that's relevant because I believe if he did have them it would have been disclosed by NCMEC or Chief Hickman from the get go.

Things the family has said that we can discuss in MSM (ie; autism in an old news report, and the bathing / eating habits) that have hinted at specific conditions but I don't believe anything they say at this point.

Last edited:
A tremendous amount of progress could be made if if IF a few things would be resolved IMOO:

(1) Did LE check the computers and phones of Harley's friends or at least ask the friends (especially the one he was with the night before) if Harley borrowed their phone the day before going missing? This in NO WAY IMPLIES the friends had anything to do with his disappearance, only that he might have communicated with an unknown actor via a borrowed phone/computer.

(2) Any cam footage of Harley the two days BEFORE the in-dispute footage that may or may not be Harley? For comparison purposes with the only cam footage so far.

(3) Cam footage of the main highways examined, seeking a vehicle that would have taken a Port Clinton exit, shortly before Harley left for school, then left shortly going back from direction it came?

(4) Drone footage along waterways in about a 2-mile radius of his home?

(5) Any stolen vehicles from PC within 24 hrs before and after he went missing?

Just my two cents of wondering.

Per the chief, parents reported to law enforcement at 11:30 pm Saturday night. [/B]Chief heard about it on Sunday.

Which begs the question:

What did the parents do on previous occasions when HD allegedly went off and stayed with friends overnight after an argument at home?

Did they know ahead of time where he was going in those previous instances?

If not, did they call him and/or friends'houses to verify his whereabouts to make sure he was safe somewhere?

I want LE to address the question as to whether or not parents attempted to track down HD themselves, e.g., calling his friends, driving to places he'd purportedly stayed previously, etc., before they contacted the police Saturday night.

If his parents' first call was to LE that night, that's a big problem.

For both them, and, more importantly, for HD.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member