GUILTY TX - Marion Jester-Montoya, 10 months, stuffed in backpack/left in trunk, Lubbock, 7 Jan 2020 Arrest

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
A Lubbock man has been charged with capital murder and is being held on a $2 million bond after he told police he stuffed a 10-month-old child into a backpack and leaving her in the trunk of his vehicle for more than five hours on Tuesday.
upload_2020-1-8_13-55-46.jpeg
According to the Lubbock Police Department, 27-year-old Trevor Rowe picked up the child at his home Tuesday morning. Rowe and the child’s mother live together. Rowe is the mother’s boyfriend and is not the father of the child.

The arrest warrant says Rowe picked up 10-month-old Marion Rebecca Jester-Montoya and took her to his job site. Before leaving his vehicle at work, he stuffed the child into a backpack and left her in the front passenger seat floorboard for several hours.

When he checked on the child later, he found she got out of the backpack. So he put her back inside the backpack and continued to check on her periodically.

Around lunchtime, he checked on the child again and saw she was still breathing but crying and zipped up the backpack, before getting fast food. After lunch, he then put the child — still zipped in the backpack —in his trunk.

During the last check on the child around 5 p.m., he realized the she was not breathing. Police say he then drove to 130th and Upland Ave. where he stopped and called 911. That is when he started CPR on the child, according to what he told police.

WARRANT: Infant dies after being stuffed into backpack, left in trunk for more than 5 hours

I can’t even- what was he thinking??? That she’d be fine in the backpack?? Was this intentional?? Did he mean to harm her or did they not have childcare? He even went and got food with her in the freaking backpack?? I just can’t...
MOO

According to KTXS, the arrest warrant states Rowe took the child to his job site and stuffed her into a backpack. He left the backpack on the floorboard of the vehicle. When he returned to check on her, she had gotten out of the backpack, so Rowe stuffed her back inside.

At lunchtime, he checked on her again and the baby was still breathing, but she was crying. Rowe then zipped up the backpack before leaving to go get fast food. After lunch, he moved the backpack that contained the baby into his trunk.

Just before 5:00 p.m. Rowe called the police and told them the baby wasn’t breathing. He told police he tried to perform CPR before paramedics arrived.

Rowe is being held on a $2 million bond.
Police: Suspect Left 10-Month-Old Baby Inside Trunk, Stuffed Inside Backpack

upload_2020-1-8_15-1-53.jpegupload_2020-1-8_15-3-9.jpeg
Rowe was taken into custody after telling police he stuffed the child in the backpack and left her in the trunk. He was booked into the Lubbock County Detention Center around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

According to court documents, Rowe was arrested in 2018 after being accused of leaving two children unattended in a home. The police report says the two children were his. The police report says CPS was called, but were not able to locate anyone to respond to the house. He told police the children were sleeping and he left to get them something to eat. He left on a bicycle and told police he was gone for about 30 minutes. Court records show the case was closed “in the interest of justice.” bbm Rowe was never officially charged with the crime.
WARRANT: Infant dies after being stuffed into backpack, left in trunk for more than 5 hours

Last edited:
I can’t even- what was he thinking??? That she’d be fine in the backpack?? Was this intentional?? Did he mean to harm her or did they not have childcare? He even went and got food with her in the freaking backpack?? I just can’t...
MOO
I feel sick. Ugh! What a monster. Stuffing her in the trunk and leaving her there for five hours! Monster is too good a name for him. I would list alternatives but won’t/can’t ...
I posted this right after I posted to the 9 mo old beaten to death in Chicago. Parents said baby choked on food. Omg, what is happening to our world?
IL - Josue Juarez, 9 months, beaten to death, Chicago, 4 Jan 2020 *Arrests*

“in the interest of justice.” I wonder what the court thinks now. Was justice really served? Where is the Justice for Baby Marion?

Last edited:
You stuff a baby in a backpack while you go into work? What? What is going on?

Gorgeous, beautiful, smiling, sweet doll! Unthinkable, and according to mom's relatives site for donations they were already not too thrilled with her and her ummm whatever he is. It appears and surely seems there was a loving extended family willing family to care for this baby.

Try this my friend: Home Page
Lubbock County Daily Court Dockets

Okay - that's the one I checked but he wasn't there. I'll check again over the weekend! Thanks, my friend!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
Hope you are doing okay! :)

this is insane! I saw a headline or two on this one and completely misunderstood the circumstances. I get it now and somehow it is even worse than I first thought.

So he stuffs his girlfriends living child in backpack and leaves it on his car floorboard while he goes into work.

Later goes out to check on her and finds she has managed to escape the backpack. His response is to cram her back into it, place it in his trunk and go back in to work.

Later still, he checks on her and she is in the trunk "lightly" crying so he leaves here there.

FINALLY Returns when his shift ends to find her dead. WHODATHUNKIT?

That poor little thing, how she must have suffered all those hours :(

Texas man charged with murder of baby put in backpack, left in trunk: police

Last edited:
This is so beyond belief. I was unaware we had a thread & just mentioned this on the Broussard thread. I was thinking how MF could have gotten a child so many other ways.
WTH was Trevor thinking, or was he not?
How on earth and why was he in charge of her?

and previously he left two kids home unattended? I think they were safer than having Trevor doin’ the attending.

Last edited:
I am going to say it WHY do these mom's let other men anywhere near their babies , esp with some of the backgrounds we've seen its insane and that's not victim bashing that's a legit question WTH is going thru their heads ? you might as well leave the front door open with a "free victim" sign on the door or take them down to the county jail for a sitter instead of a childcare place ! he has priors that are NOT hard to find !

And I want to know if MOM knew he was taking her while she was napping and if not was there a kidnapping report? did she call the police? what in the holy hell happened here??? reporting seems unclear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back