Found Deceased MI - Hunter Klompstra, 18, Coopersville, 1 Jan 2020

Candlelight Prayer for Hunter Klompstra
Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM EST
Veterans Park
250 W Randall St, Coopersville, Michigan 49404

Hello, on Saturday, January 11th at 6pm we will be having a candlelight prayer for Hunter and his family. We will be having a minister come out to pray with us. We will have 150 candles but if you have some of your own as well that would be good too. Our family would love to have you all come pray with us. It will be located at Veterans Park in Coopersville.

Here is a Google image of approximately the location of the party on the 6100 block of Leonard St. and the exact location of the cell phone tower on 48th Ave. The two locations are approx. 2.6 miles driving distance apart, I'm unable to measure the distance "as the bird flies" but it looks like the party house would have been within the approximate 1.7 mile radius of the cell tower. Looking at the Google image of the surrounding area, it is very rural with a lot of heavily wooded areas and with a river close by, it's easy to see the challenge that LE and searchers are up against in trying to find Hunter.

Attachments

• cell tower.png
    cell tower.png
    972.2 KB · Views: 30
JAN 10, 2020
https://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20200110/-organized-for-missing-coopersville-teen
The friends of a missing Coopersville teen have organized a fundraiser to assist his family.

... The money donated will be given to Klompstra’s family to help relieve their financial burden that has resulted from the search, including missed days at work and extra expenditures on gas.

[...]

“We appreciate any and all donations and appreciate all the continued support and prayers,” the page’s organizer CM wrote. “Unfortunately we still have no updates, but we will not stop looking for Hunter.”

A few more thoughts on Hunter's disappearance after reading through the articles, Facebook page, etc. Early reports stated he arrived at the party alone, later reports state he arrived with friends. According to the friends at the party, there were no arguments or altercations or anything of that sort, Hunter left alone, he did not tell anyone he was leaving or why, and nobody saw him leave. I didn't see anything stated via MSM whether there was alcohol or drugs involved at the party, or whether Hunter had been under the influence of either.

According to the friends, everyone was supposed to be staying the night at the party house. I'm wondering when (if) the friends noticed that he was not at the house?

If alcohol/drugs had been involved, there is a good chance he wasn't thinking clearly and left the house alone for whatever reason and got injured, or passed out, fell in the river, several possibilities here. His phone last pinged within 2-3 miles of the party house so I think this is unfortunately what probably happened. But I also wonder if he could have left the house to meet up with someone, especially since it seems he left the house quietly and secretively without telling anyone or anyone seeing him leave. ??? Where are you Hunter???

JAN 12, 2020
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...-teen/69-ef81381e-dee6-42fb-9d3c-0db9dc6da142
[...]

... The fundraiser says family members have been missing work and spending extra on gas as they search for Klompstra. So far, it has raised nearly $1,800 of its $5,000 goal.

A Faacebook page dedicated to the search also said on Sunday that Klompstra's glasses were found near the side of the house where the party was taking place.

[...]

Ottawa County deputies are still searching for Klompstra as well, and are continuing to speak to the people who were at that New Year's Eve party.

[...]

Hunter's glasses and hat have been found
Missing Hunter Klompstra

Hmmm. So according to the family's official Missing Hunter Klompstra FB page, run by Hunter's cousin, she says the glasses and hat were found right outside the party house. But she doesn't say WHEN they were found. The day he went missing? Yesterday? I think that's important to know. She also says that he was seen leaving on foot. That seems to be different than what was originally reported, originally I believe it was said that nobody saw him leave.

I can't believe nobody at that party saw anything or has any knowledge as to what happened. If the hat/glasses were found outside the home it's pretty obvious something occurred there near the party home that lead to him disappearing. Unless those items were brought back to the house at a later time in order to plant them there to make it look that way. ???

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...-teen/69-ef81381e-dee6-42fb-9d3c-0db9dc6da142

I'm hoping that the partygoers have been more upfront with the police. I'm sure there's information we're not privy to. Wondering if there was a fight with someone? Were the glasses broken? Knocked off? Doesn't sound like police are thinking foul play. Wonder if there's a history of depression?

Absolutely agree. I can’t see without my contacts/glasses and I do good to walk to the bathroom without them. No way do I believe he walked away. Someone is hiding something. MOO
Not even in the middle of the night when you’re mostly asleep & you go to the bathroom to pee?

I guess it’s just me but I can think of a few instances where Hunter may have taken his glasses off for a short period of time & walked away. MOO MOO.
I wear trifocals & take them off for certain things that aren’t appropriate to talk about out loud & sometimes after these occurrences I won’t immediately put my glasses back on & say walk to the bathroom.

It would be nice to know when the glasses were found. Among other things.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back