TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HB’s other friend who was in delivery room was suspicious. That friend spoke to investigators on 12/17. If I remember correctly she had mentioned that MF didn’t act like someone expecting and she was taken back about how she left right away without saying a word. She felt something wasn’t right. (Paraphrasing).

Is that in the affidavit? that the other friend in the delivery room talked to LE on the 17th? I took a quick look, but don't see it. I see that SC told LE who was in the room. It would make sense if they talked to her previous to the 18th/19th, but not sure if MF came up before the 19th. That friend is actually the mother of Caressa, and considering Caressa was so shocked about what was happening live on that podcast, if her mom had concerns about MF, I'm not sure she voiced them to Caressa. JMO

Is that in the affidavit? that the other friend in the delivery room talked to LE on the 17th? I took a quick look, but don't see it. I see that SC told LE who was in the room. It would make sense if they talked to her previous to the 18th/19th, but not sure if MF came up before the 19th. That friend is actually the mother of Caressa, and considering Caressa was so shocked about what was happening live on that podcast, if her mom had concerns about MF, I'm not sure she voiced them to Caressa. JMO
She is friend V.S. Right? #12 of AA mentions her speaking to investigators.

ETA:yes that’s right. V.S. Also mentioned #21 of AA of being present at birth.

A major question for me is how did MF control HB (in the backseat) once she realized something was wrong or off? HB would have fought to protect her child or followed directions based on protecting her infant. Her actually having the infant in her arms would have placed her at a disadvantage. She could not have fought well. It makes me think she may have forced her into the trunk while she was still protecting the infant daughter.

These two women were just shy a few years of being lifetime friends. I don't believe this abduction ever escalated to MF needing to control HB inside the vehicle. I believe that MF tricked or coned HB up to the very end. I don't think HB ever saw it coming. I'll also be surprised if the autopsy reports any defensive wounds. MOO

Bingo! 12/15 and top of his list!

Sorry Momof4RN, not sure I understand?

In the interview with Tim Miller after MF's arrest..........he said that MF was the first person on the list of Heidi's friends that he called (and spoke to for about 45 minutes). Tim was under the impression that MF was Heidi's best friend.

I admire his forthcoming nature. He admitted that MF did not raise his suspicions, that Shane was really questionable to him at the time, and that he had not a single indication that MF could have anything to do with Heidi and Margo's disappearance. He was surprised by MF's arrest.

Sorry Momof4RN, not sure I understand?

In the interview with Tim Miller after MF's arrest..........he said that MF was the first person on the list of Heidi's friends that he called (and spoke to for about 45 minutes). Tim was under the impression that MF was Heidi's best friend.

I admire his forthcoming nature. He admitted that MF did not raise his suspicions, that Shane was really questionable to him at the time, and that he had not a single indication that MF could have anything to do with Heidi and Margo's disappearance. He was surprised by MF's arrest.
Yes but his list was likely provided to him by LE. She was top of the list because she was next person known to be closest to Heidi after SC.

I do remember Tim Miller recounting how MF was the first the person he called on the list of Heidi's friends he'd been provided.

According to Tim, MF told him that she had already spoken briefly to LE by phone and that the information she shared with LE was limited to answering the questions they put forth.

Tim said that, in contrast, MF was very very talkative with him and volunteered a lot of information related to Heidi and Shane, including her opinion that 'Shane did it'. By his own account, Tim was not suspicious of MF and advised her to reach out to LE and give them as much information as she could. Whether MF ever actually made/had further contact with LE prior to her arrest, I do not know.

In any case, it will be interesting to get clarification from LE as to when they honed-in on MF and why. I'm currently under the impression that LE and Tim had spoken with MF shortly after Heidi and Margo were reported missing for the same reason they had spoken to others in Heidi's immediate circle (not because they were necessarily suspicious of MF, but because it was essentially standard procedure and they wanted to learn as much about Heidi as possible). My impression could certainly be wrong though.
Tim Miller spoke with MF on December 15. I suspect on the LE side they already were forming suspicions of MF and getting their surveillance, from air and ground and other things in place to carry out the 'sting' properly and legally when they did it a few days later.

With you on most of it.
Problem is that we do not know which apartment cctv footage came from or the direction it faced or what exactly it recorded, it may well have recorded the meeting of the women.
The AA is sparsely worded and possibly ambivalent in it's wording in general.
I'm surprised it lacks attachments like those attached to search warrants.
Wondering now if there is further clarification available for them?

We do though. It captured her going north. Entering the complex (see my map in the last thread) turning west, then north past the camera then east to where the witness saw the vehicle pointed east and exiting to south 1st eastbound.

I have wondered what CG's relationship with "Luna" (but really baby Margo) was like? If MF surprised him ("don't be mad") on the 13th, and LE didn't approach him at the Target store until the 19th, that is nearly a week of being a (fake) father.

Did he actively participate in the care of the baby? Did he take paternity leave upon her arrival to bond with her? Was he excited he had become a father and send/post photos to family and friends? Most of all; I'd like to know how he was so certain that "the baby at his house" was indeed Margo based off a flyer photo?

One person we know CG didn’t tell was his mother! Strange really...but what part of this case isn’t strange? Blows my mind if his mother really didn’t know MF was “pregnant” for however long she claimed to CG. She sure acted like MF was just a non paying tenant.

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
AT 10 ONLY ON @KVUE: #exclusive @ABC interview with Heidi Broussard's fiance, Shane Carey - his first on-camera interview since Heidi's disappearance and death - join us tonight and much more on @GMA tomorrow
ENz3adaXkAAZYby.jpg

9:48 PM - 8 Jan 2020

Likely not, but the ALPR in Giddings did record her license plate per the AA.

Since you are familiar with the area and I don't have a clue LOL .... the AA says it caught it on the 26th, no mention of the 12th... would she have taken another way to get there, or should they have caught it on the 12th too? Doesn't mean it didn't if it's not in the AA, I'm positive they checked, but curious is this is the way you would expect her to travel on the 12th as well?

Since you are familiar with the area and I don't have a clue LOL .... the AA says it caught it on the 26th, no mention of the 12th... would she have taken another way to get there, or should they have caught it on the 12th too? Doesn't mean it didn't if it's not in the AA, I'm positive they checked, but curious is this is the way you would expect her to travel on the 12th as well?

It's the most direct route, so yes, that's what I'd expect. (I posted the route thirty million threads ago that I think makes the most sense, and this is on the way) Add that to her traveling that route to the birth of MC, it makes sense that she'd go that way back "home". I would imagine they have the same data later but it's not in the AA. I'm actually surprised that it's the Giddings ALPR mentioned. It's literally the world's smallest town. I'm thinking there are many other ALPRs between here and there that have her, but in order to get the AA and warrants, this was material, and data since maybe not so much, so not for public consumption.

When HB first went missing, here on WS I believe we had some of us asking the very question about who HB may have known that all of a sudden has a baby too. I hope I am remember this correctly but I believe we discussed that here very quickly as soon as we knew HB was missing with her newborn. A lot of us knew of the other horrible cases and especially the one in Missouri where the sick murderer literally cut out the baby from the mother.

So it is a little surprising to me that SC and HB's close friends did not suspect MF at all apparantly. I have to think I would have suspected ANYONE that happened to have a newborn and knew HB. Especially someone as close as MF knew her. Maybe the long-term friendship they had of about 10 years really threw everyone off because that part is very unusual that a long time friend would turn on her like that.

I agree with others that LE probably suspected MF sooner than it looks right now based on affidavit alone.

I think sometimes if LE suspects someone they will sometime try to build their case without letting the person know they have them in their cross hairs. Especially since the missing child and mother's safety was still not established. So LE may have not wanted to tip her off by hauling her in right away for questioning until they dug up more on their own first.
I hear you, it is surprising in many respects. But this type of scenario, thank goodness, is rare.

Putting myself in the shoes of Heidi’s friends or family who may have watched MF gradually grow a belly... and waddle around (as MF’s lawyer described) very realistically... I think the mind just believed what it saw.

But if I were one of those friends or family members and a detective asked me, “So, tell me, did you ever see or hear MF’s baby before Dec. 12th?” Man, I can’t imagine the instantly sinking feeling that would have given me.

I hear you, it is surprising in many respects. But this type of scenario, thank goodness, is rare.

Putting myself in the shoes of Heidi’s friends or family who may have watched MF gradually grow a belly... and waddle around (as MF’s lawyer described) very realistically... I think the mind just believed what it saw.

But if I were one of those friends or family members and a detective asked me, “So, tell me, did you ever see or hear MF’s baby before Dec. 12th?” Man, I can’t imagine the instantly sinking feeling that would have given me.

All so odd. It seems like CG would have wanted to at least feel the baby move /kick - unless he wasn't all that excited about his coming offspring. The whole living-together arrangement and shared parenthood, but no relationship baffles me.
Of course it was much safer if MF didn't get physically close to anyone with her strapped- on belly. Can't you hear her confiding in HB, " It's the weirdest thing but since I'm pregnant I just can't STAND to be touched!" That is actually a thing I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998