Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was to me a sense of urgency about May 24th. It had to be that weekend as I believe JD and FD were due in court the following week. I think FD assumed that if JD didn’t show up for his court approved visitation on the 25/26th that the kids would just be handed over to him and be under his control. And the monies attached to said children. He could claim JD just left and apply for some EPO or something to keep the kids with him. Whether he really loves or cares about the kids is irrelevant but they were a powerful bargaining chip for him. That’s why he was so unhinged when he showed up at GFs on the 26 and tried to get the children.
My best guess anyway. Who knows what his long game was here. He kills JD and custody and divorce suit are over. Takes possession of children and bullies GF into dropping her lawsuit?

obviously there are huge holes and major problems with this line of thought but I’m not in FDs brain.
Maybe he thought he’d cleaned up so well that she’d just be reported missing and people would think because of the stress or whatever she just took off? And he’d get automatic custody. Huge issues with all of this.
Maybe he thought he’d flee the country and go to Turkey or Greece where he couldn’t be extradited? Or maybe he thought once he had possession of the children that with JD gone all his legal woes would cease?
No clue. One thing is clear he wanted JD dead and fantasized about it a lot I’ve no doubt.

With all the talk of “Greek benefactors” and how NP is getting paid, it’s important to keep in mind that NP himself is Greek. (And the son of an armed robber...) Quote from his public law practice blog, BBM:

“There are two primary theories that determine how a person becomes a citizen. In most of the world, a person is eligible to become a citizen of the country in which his father was a citizen. Thus, I am eligible for citizenship in Greece because my father was a native of Crete. Indeed, my father died in his 80s in this country, an illegal alien to the day he died. He snuck into the country, earned his living as an armed robber for years, eventually acquired false papers and found a place in this great nation of ours. But he died without ever having been naturalized. I am the son of an illegal alien.”
Norman Pattis Blog
Wow, NP says his dad "...snuck into the country, earned his living as an armed robber for years, an illegal alien to the day he died." No wonder NP spends his life defending people of "serious crimes" (according to his website), and Greeks, like FD and dear old dad -- "do what you know" as they say. Sad overall that he defends serious criminals who are possibly guilty, and glad if he has ever helped an innocent person get off . IMO

@MattMcFarland3

State also asking Dulos has no contact with the nanny watching his children. Judge agrees.
Yeah, that's right -- FD was 'only' legally prohibited from contacting the children & JFd's family members.

Now they had to add the children's nanny, because she has testified to LE on things she knows about FD, and if'n FD gets out of jail and thinks he can contact (intimidate) her and no one is the wiser, this is a big 'uh-uh' from the State.

There should be a protective / no contact order on everyone FD knows besides his lawyers, as far as I'm concerned and IMO.

Before you go, can you explain why the prosecutor didn't argue for no bail for FD and why Judge Blawie didn't deny bail (based on charges & flight risk) and then made bail an amount within FD's reach? TIA :)
Since there is no death penalty in CT, it may be that all defendants are entitled to bond, in an amount determined by the judge, as long as certain conditions are met. This bond was set by the arrest warrant, so when Coangelo had the judge sign the warrant, Coangelo most likely requested that amount.

There was not much back and forth about that figure in court, which makes me think the State was confident that number was going to stick (Pattis knew this, too, but...more posturing). Had the judge set too high a bond, he might have been concerned about being overturned by an appellate court.

Still, even a defendant entitled to bond can have it denied if they are deemed a fight risk or a danger to the community. It is the very rare defendant charged with first degree murder who is given pretrial release, but it apparently does happen in CT. Pattis actually was complaining to the judge about lower amounts set in other murder cases there. NOT at all typical but it must be how it works in that state.

Do I think Dulos is BOTH a flight risk and a danger to the community? Of course! This judge, however, is bound by the case law in CT and he may not have believed he had the power to deny release outright, so he set the bond as high as he could. Given Dulos' arrogance and inability to follow the law, he may just be wasting more money by posting bond, because one single violation and all that money flies out the window.

the “smoking bike!” So arrogant and dumb. Unless it was just a further attempt to frame EE or MT or KM.

I believe that he was trying to get the EE involved in the coverup and implicated in the crime in order to blackmail and coerce him into covering for him. FD tried to use his immigration status as the first chip. Luckily, the EE knew to stand up for himself (taking his truck that Friday by requiring the key, not throwing away the seats, getting the bucket out of his truck, speaking with the police early on).

Nanny dodged a bullet IMO.
I agree. I'm sure JFd's family has gone to considerable effort to protect the children's nanny through whatever means possible -- she's the consistent person in their lives for over 7 years and since their mother disappeared 7+ months ago. I assume she lives with them now at their grandmother's, and is the constant in their lives. No way GF and her legal team would let FD have any kind of access to her, I bet they were the ones who, working with LE and the State, got this request in and approved before bail could be set for wee, wee FD. IMO

Pure speculation on my part but...

The paper towels were in the pantry, yes? FD found himself, in the garage, with an unexpected bloodbath he couldn't leave. He never went into the house? Yup. Except to fill a red bucket with water (his DNA on the faucet) and grab paper towels (ten of twelve rolls missing) (his DNA on the doorknob). Anyone else think about those two remaining rolls? What he apparently DIDN'T do was grab THE WHOLE PACKAGE, all twelve. Did he go in ten times for one roll each time? Has he never used a paper towel before? Thought one roll would do the job? Then two. Then three? Do I have my details mixed up? Why were the remaining rolls still in the house???

After having followed the PF case, I'm confident that LE has way more than just what the AWs include. LE had images of PF going in and out of the crime scene, and I don't think we knew THAT damning evidence until the trial.

I still ask: did they dust the garage door opener in her Suburban for his fingerprints? He likely was the last person to drive her car. The last person to close the garage doors.

Did the dust any outside spigots?

If he came up behind her and pulled her arms behind her, he would've rendered her helpless before she even knew what was happening. In her home, guard down. Just inside the door. Though I think he overpowered and incapacitated her in the garage, between the vehicles. JMO.

Monster.

I'm hopeful also that new witnesses will come forward. People who were previously unaware they had knowledge worth sharing.

Please let no one post bail to let this shell of a human being out of jail.

He's not done hurting people.

IMO IMO IMO

Your post triggered a question that I had forgotten , if anyone knows ...

1. Has FD been able to keep in contact with his kids this entire time thru texting and phone calls ?
The Judge today implemented a No contact Order . Was this a “new” Order or just reinforcing a previous No contact Order that slipped my mind .
2. Same applies to the Nanny.. has FD been able to text/ call her this entire time?
I know she wouldn’t answer.
Good questions.

In answer to question 1., no, FD has been prohibited from any contact with the children for many months now (after AW # 1, IIRC, that went into effect after some back and forth with lawyers), and presumably that's being enforced somehow (possibly through people that live with the children monitoring).

In answer to question 2., it's possible FD has tried to contact the nanny, and that's why the new no contact order for her upon his arrest #3 for murder & kidnapping this week, and before bail was granted. I'm sure she wouldn't be responsive to him trying to contact her, but we wouldn't know if they have been in contact at some point since JFd's disappearance 7+ moths ago.

She could be really scared of him, rightly so, and GF and lawyers agree she needs legal protection that a no contact order can provide on the surface of things / to send him that message. He's contacted and harassed other people in the past that didn't want to have anything to do with him (e.g., KM's wife & friend). All IMO

Your post triggered a question that I had forgotten , if anyone knows ...

1. Has FD been able to keep in contact with his kids this entire time thru texting and phone calls ?
The Judge today implemented a No contact Order . Was this a “new” Order or just reinforcing a previous No contact Order that slipped my mind .
2. Same applies to the Nanny.. has FD been able to text/ call her this entire time?
I know she wouldn’t answer.
1. No FD couldn’t contact them at all not even thru texts or calls
2. He could have been calling her for updates or harassing her for all we know. But now there’s a no contact order so that’s good. Not like FD has a track record of following rules though. JMO

Good questions.

In answer to question 1., no, FD has been prohibited from any contact with the children for many months now (after AW # 1, IIRC, that went into effect after some back and forth with lawyers), and presumably that's being enforced somehow (possibly through people that live with the children monitoring).

In answer to question 2., it's possible FD has tried to contact the nanny, and that's why the new no contact order for her upon his arrest #3 for murder & kidnapping this week, and before bail was granted. I'm sure she wouldn't be responsive to him trying to contact her, but we wouldn't know if they have been in contact at some point since JFd's disappearance 7+ moths ago.

She could be really scared of him, rightly so, and GF and lawyers agree she needs legal protection that a no contact order can provide on the surface of things / to send him that message. He's contacted and harassed other people in the past that didn't want to have anything to do with him (e.g., KM's wife & friend). All IMO
He is too dangerous to be out of jail. MOO

I believe that he was trying to get the EE involved in the coverup and implicated in the crime in order to blackmail and coerce him into covering for him. FD tried to use his immigration status as the first chip. Luckily, the EE knew to stand up for himself (taking his truck that Friday by requiring the key, not throwing away the seats, getting the bucket out of his truck, speaking with the police early on).
I agree. I think FD did the same 'framing setup' just in case with KM, MT, the people on Albany Avenue in Hartford where he dumped bloody trash the night JFd disappeared in public trash cans, etc., etc., etc.

He had plans, and then some backup plans, some he tried and they failed like with EE, and others that are just coming to light that he didn't end up following through on like with KM (like the shallow grave dug at KM's Gun Club that was never used).

I think he even had a sophisticated frameup plan for MT, and her not knowing his whereabouts when visiting the children before JFd's disappearance that she was supposedly upset about, could be just a scratch on the surface of all the manipulating he did with MT, with dirt on her as the controlling mechanism.

He gave MT & KM enough rope to be complicit/co-conspirators, but not any specifics on the big picture (like, hey, don't ask why, but you have to do xyz for me, you owe me, and we're all going to benefit), especially regarding what he did with JFd's remains, that I think he kept to himself after realizing he couldn't frame/trust EE who wasn't as deep in his pocket as he thought, or trust/frame KM who was the weak link in his master plot.

Woohoo, and MOO.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part but...

The paper towels were in the pantry, yes? FD found himself, in the garage, with an unexpected bloodbath he couldn't leave. He never went into the house? Yup. Except to fill a red bucket with water (his DNA on the faucet) and grab paper towels (ten of twelve rolls missing) (his DNA on the doorknob). Anyone else think about those two remaining rolls? What he apparently DIDN'T do was grab THE WHOLE PACKAGE, all twelve. Did he go in ten times for one roll each time? Has he never used a paper towel before? Thought one roll would do the job? Then two. Then three? Do I have my details mixed up? Why were the remaining rolls still in the house???

After having followed the PF case, I'm confident that LE has way more than just what the AWs include. LE had images of PF going in and out of the crime scene, and I don't think we knew THAT damning evidence until the trial.

I still ask: did they dust the garage door opener in her Suburban for his fingerprints? He likely was the last person to drive her car. The last person to close the garage doors.

Did the dust any outside spigots?

If he came up behind her and pulled her arms behind her, he would've rendered her helpless before she even knew what was happening. In her home, guard down. Just inside the door. Though I think he overpowered and incapacitated her in the garage, between the vehicles. JMO.

Monster.

I'm hopeful also that new witnesses will come forward. People who were previously unaware they had knowledge worth sharing.

Please let no one post bail to let this shell of a human being out of jail.

He's not done hurting people.

IMO IMO IMO
FD’s fingerprints on JD’s faucet gave
me pause .
* He Surely would have had gloves on.
* He didn’t need to wash his hands .

His DNA was also on doorknob of mudroom.
Can’t figure out why he would use his bare hands ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member