OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that LE is going to continue holding their cards close to the vest.

I would simply add that we shouldn't necessarily assume that a crime has occurred here.

It's entirely possible that the only person involved in HD's disappearance is HD.

JMO.

These are valid points, and I do not even necessarily 100% believe that a crime did occur. I guess my frustration mostly lies in the fact that we have seen a lot more being done out in the open to find missing adults lately, than we have for this 14 year old boy. The bottom line is that I hope that it truly is a priority, and that HD is found.

I think at this point, they may know exactly who they’re after- they’re looking for him. Outing him publicly would endanger the boy.
or they have nothing
or they don’t have enough without locating remains

Sadly, I think they want this to go quiet.
Port Clinton and surrounding areas are tourist towns. Over 2 billion$ in income comes into that area from tourism every year. A kidnapping or crime (esp if trafficking or internet related) doesn’t look good.

I feel like if Chief was really wanting to keep this in the public eye he would release something soon to reignite the public’s interest. It is waning. The local facebooks aren’t talking about it much any more. The town looks as if there’s no boy missing. There’s a ribbon here or there. But by and large you wouldn’t know it driving around.

For someone from this area it’s upsetting and hopeless feeling like Harleys disappearance is going to fall silent. :(

Sadly, I think they want this to go quiet.
Port Clinton and surrounding areas are tourist towns. Over 2 billion$ in income comes into that area from tourism every year. A kidnapping or crime (esp if trafficking or internet related) doesn’t look good.

I feel like if Chief was really wanting to keep this in the public eye he would release something soon to reignite the public’s interest. It is waning. The local facebooks aren’t talking about it much any more. The town looks as if there’s no boy missing. There’s a ribbon here or there. But by and large you wouldn’t know it driving around.

For someone from this area it’s upsetting and hopeless feeling like Harleys disappearance is going to fall silent. :(
I was shocked to see on FB, News that there are people in Ohio that hadn't even heard about Harley until a day or so ago. In OHIO????? I'm in Kent Washington,and I knew well before them. Color me baffled.
BTW Harley if you can see this.Wherever you are I hope you are safe. My porch light is always on.

I’m not victim bashing, forgive me if this comes off that way. My home life growing up was similar because my Mom would call the police to my home whenever we argued and it began at this age. My Mom was manipulative and gaslighted me so when she would involve the police it was after she worked me up so much and used it as a threat to show her power. When the police came she was the victim and I was the out of control teen. It was awful. I am not saying that’s the case here, but it seems a bit excessive to have the police involved so often and for that reason.
I would spend as much time away from her as I could, seems the case with Harley too. So the fights would only occur whenever we were forced to be together. I hated the holiday breaks because my friends with normal families would be busy, there was no escape of school and I would be forced to be with her. I can see him wanting to flee...I also was very open to strangers because anyone was better than the monster I lived with.
Just my opinion
ETA- I had a sister who was 13 years young than me. Before her, I was an only child. It didn’t bother me that she was there because it took the attention off of me, which was appreciated. I adored her too.
So sad. I hope you have found peace and happiness as you got older.

Agree that LE is going to continue holding their cards close to the vest.

I would simply add that we shouldn't necessarily assume that a crime has occurred here.

It's entirely possible that the only person involved in HD's disappearance is HD.

JMO.

Possible, but what 14 year old wants to miss Christmas? I'd be more inclined to consider a voluntary disappearance a) if it wasn't Christmas. b) if we had any reason to believe Harley was truant and/or in danger of failing his classes. There has been no inclination of any problems with his grades.

In regards to what? WS or MSM or social media?

Pretty much everywhere. We share info we've read. It may not always be fact. It's like a game of telephone. Someone has a theory and somewhere down the line, that theory is being stated as fact. For instance, as stated earlier, someone mentioned his medical history being discussed freely and another person stated that his medical history has never been leaked via MSM. It's a full-time job weeding out fact from theory.

I had intended to quote another person's post in my earlier post, but I'm new and messed it up. Whoops.

Pretty much everywhere. We share info we've read. It may not always be fact. It's like a game of telephone. Someone has a theory and somewhere down the line, that theory is being stated as fact. For instance, as stated earlier, someone mentioned his medical history being discussed freely and another person stated that his medical history has never been leaked via MSM. It's a full-time job weeding out fact from theory.

I had intended to quote another person's post in my earlier post, but I'm new and messed it up. Whoops.

The facts that we have received directly from the police/parents seem sketchy and a lot of gaps in timeline. This is a 14 year old child. Maybe they don't want us to know anything, but as I said before, why say anything at all ?

Part of the issue is things allegedly said on social media that are discussed as if they could be a clue because of who allegedly said them, but you're probably correct that they weren't stated on main stream media nor were they confirmed by law enforcement.

And typing that out, it's clear why this site has rules and how very important they are.

I hope I haven't discussed something that turns out to be false rumor. That's not what I'm here to do.

The facts that we have received directly from the police/parents seem sketchy and a lot of gaps in timeline. This is a 14 year old child. Maybe they don't want us to know anything, but as I said before, why say anything at all ?
Exactly. Such sketchy details lead most of us to theorizing...which can be a really good thing unless people start viewing the theories as facts.

Exactly. Such sketchy details lead most of us to theorizing...which can be a really good thing unless people start viewing the theories as facts.

The following are what I accept to be "facts" of the case:

HD is missing.
HD did not show up for school on Friday, December 20th.
His parents reported him missing to LE after 11 pm on Saturday, December 21st.
HD has numerous SM accounts.
HD has not been active on any of these accounts since he was reported missing.
LE has been called out to the D residence on 5 prior occasions for various domestic complaints, some of which directly involved HD.
LE has stated there is an image of someone they believe to be HD that was taken outside on the morning of December 2oth b/t 6 and 7 am.

I'm treating everything else that's been discussed here and elsewhere as conjecture, speculation, rumor, etc.

Including all statements by the family about HD, descriptions of what he was last seen wearing, his phone being broken and/or confiscated, and when the actual confirmed last sighting of him took place.

JMO.

That's true. But those sketchy details are, well sketchy! Ach, I dunno, I've not read any sm or watched any of his videos etc but I doubt there's anything remotely normal about this kids life.

If in fact HD met up with some friend(s)/stranger(s) and either willingly or unwittingly got high with them, he could have passed out or worse. I'm hoping that any security cameras available have been examined days, even weeks, AFTER he was recorded as last seen on 12/20. Someone could have removed him from the premises well after any incapacitation. He's a small teen, and if he was carried away in a box or bag, it might not have been for some time.

Port Clinton Police Department
Volunteer Search Party for Harley Dilly;

There is a “volunteer” Search Party for Harley Dilly planned for Saturday, January 11th, 2020

Time: 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM

PLEASE don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

Please dress for the weather!

Join the "Search Party for Harley Dilly" page on Facebook for updates.

PLEASE SHARE AND INVITE OTHERS…

Chief Hickman

First time poster. Harley is so heavy on my heart. Does anyone else think it is bizarre that they called off Saturday's search on Tuesday for possible bad weather (5 days away)? I could see if it was supposed to be sub zero temperatures or something but 52 degrees and rain? And who called off the search? I know maybe there was concern about searchers putting themself in danger but it seems that people should be able to decide that for themselves. The lack of any updates or news about what LE is doing is frustrating.... they are probably working behind the scenes nonstop, but still. Praying for Harley's safe return.

The following are what I accept to be "facts" of the case:

HD is missing.
HD did not show up for school on Friday, December 20th.
His parents reported him missing to LE after 11 pm on Saturday, December 21st.
HD has numerous SM accounts.
HD has not been active on any of these accounts since he was reported missing.
LE has been called out to the D residence on 5 prior occasions for various domestic complaints, some of which directly involved HD.
LE has stated there is an image of someone they believe to be HD that was taken outside on the morning of December 2oth b/t 6 and 7 am.

I'm treating everything else that's been discussed here and elsewhere as conjecture, speculation, rumor, etc.

Including all statements by the family about HD, descriptions of what he was last seen wearing, his phone being broken and/or confiscated, and when the actual confirmed last sighting of him took place.

JMO.

The only things I would add is that Harley was at his friends, sighted leaving on their ring cam Thursday 12-19 at 7:24p

And the surveillance cam / big foot looking photo was at 6:08 am on 12-20

The only things I would add is that Harley was at his friends, sighted leaving on their ring cam Thursday 12-19 at 7:24p

And the surveillance cam / big foot looking photo was at 6:08 am on 12-20
Has the ringcam image of him at friend's house been verified by LE?

I'm only asking b/c I don't remember seeing that info in MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88