CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all it would take for this mixup to get legs is for the attendant to have heard

"can't get in and out of the truck without the wife's help"

when what RT actually might have said was

"can't get the truck in and out without the wife's help"

although that seems to suggest that RT was implying BT was NOT with him! So now I'm back to being confused...

@dbdb11

Thread #7

Page 38

Post # 746

The attendant on the day spoke to me. Describes Robbie as naggy and said police have all surveillance footage. The attendant, Mike if I remember, also told me Robbie parked way out on the other side of the road. Walked in to the store in a very roundabout way, said something about not being able to get in and out of the truck without his wife's help, which made the attendant think he was implying a disability, and then practically jogged across the road and hopped in the truck, which struck Mike as very odd, and made him remember the encounter. RT only bought ice. Mike did not see Barb, but probably wouldn't have if they were parked across the road (context for the google earth photo). This happened around 9am.

BBM
bbm
Thanks so much for reposting this, @Jade !

Someone remarked waaay back that LE requested the security footage from RT's stop at the Chevron and I couldn't locate it.
The encounter stood out in the employees' mind which is interesting as probably very few interactions with customers would have been significant.

The answer is out there, somewhere.
I feel like there's something we're all missing and can't put my finger on it.
Frustrating. :(

Not sure I agree it is a good thing the thread is open since there is no new information and the same accusations seem to be appearing.

SABBM:

You spelled "questions" wrong.

We're allowed to discuss what RT has stated in MSM.
We're allowed to question the veracity of what RT has said.

If some posters here choose to believe the account of someone who declared that LE told him his poly showed deception, that's their prerogative.

I don't believe him.

There is 0 evidence of her having been anywhere near the vicinity of where she allegedly went missing.

I wonder if LE has searched other locations, and if so, where they've looked.

Hope @dbdb11 checks in here again at some point to update us on any recent contact her family has had with LE.

JMO.

Last edited:
If I was RT, I would not feel a single obligation to Websleuths or any podcast.

Sure!

He's under no obligation whatsoever to talk to anyone about his wife's disappearance.

Because, y'know, why would he want to do that?

I mean, sure, it would continue to raise public awareness that his beloved wife remains missing and needs to found and brought home, but in the grand scheme, what does that matter?

Priorities.

JMO.

Last edited:
If I was RT, I would not feel a single obligation to Websleuths or any podcast.

If I were RT I would be obligated to WS and other podcasts with every obligation I have in me.

What if the interviews generated information that led to her recovery such as a sighting of her that day along the roadway at a different point?

Do you think that doing interviews would be self-incriminating otherwise why not?

RT has as many supporters as suspicious ones what could the harm be?

jmo

If I were RT I would be obligated to WS and other podcasts with every obligation I have in me.

What if the interviews generated information that led to her recovery such as a sighting of her that day along the roadway at a different point?

Do you think that doing interviews would be self-incriminating otherwise why not?

RT has as many supporters as suspicious ones what could the harm be?

jmo
If I were looking for a missing loved one I would be shouting from the rooftops, no matter what anyone thought of me. Hopefully my loved one would know I was looking for them too. Never give up hope, never stop trying until they are found or heard from.

If I were looking for a missing loved one I would be shouting from the rooftops, no matter what anyone thought of me. Hopefully my loved one would know I was looking for them too. Never give up hope, never stop trying until they are found or heard from.
bbm

OMG Yes !!
Podcasts, news interviews , flyers, FB posts, ANYTHING.
The press and LE and maybe TES would be tired of me pestering them.

And here's a question -- why would I wait for 6 days (nearly a week ?) to let the adult child of my missing spouse know that she was missing ?
Never mind if I didn't have the phone #. LE know how to contact people and I'd also have my own adult children trying to contact him/her.
This was an emergency.
According to msm RT did not know Barbara's relatives phone numbers. Understandable given the circumstances by the verified insider in the earlier Barbara thread.
But there are ways to ferret out information.

That is my question.
I realize there could be a logical answer like old age, dementia, and the frailty that one experiences as they age.
So a caveat.

If he has and is cooperating with LE is all that matters, IMO.

We don't know this man, at all. We have no clue what he has or has not done since his wife went missing. MODS have been kept busy on all 12 threads editing and deleting comments, where he has outright been accused of harming his wife.

Do I think the owner of Webslueths would give him a fair interview? I do. Do I think that the majority that comment on this thread will continue to shred him regardless? I absolutely do.

I don't blame him at all for not participating in anymore media interviews. IMO, he talks too much. The court of public opinion has been brutal to him. I can only imagine how that impacts ones life if they are indeed innocent.

So yeah, if I was RT, I would not think the site, as a whole, would bring any value to finding my wife. All my unpopular opinion.

We don't know this man, at all. We have no clue what he has or has not done since his wife went missing. MODS have been kept busy on all 12 threads editing and deleting comments, where he has outright been accused of harming his wife.

Do I think the owner of Webslueths would give him a fair interview? I do. Do I think that the majority that comment on this thread will continue to shred him regardless? I absolutely do.

I don't blame him at all for not participating in anymore media interviews. IMO, he talks too much. The court of public opinion has been brutal to him. I can only imagine how that impacts ones life if they are indeed innocent.

So yeah, if I was RT, I would not think the site, as a whole, would bring any value to finding my wife. All my unpopular opinion.
Not meaning to be snarky at all, but what if it were your child?
That's my gauge of how I would handle a situation of a missing loved one.

SABBM:

JMO.

SBBM
No I didn't. I used a different word entirely; and spelled it correctly. :eek: :rolleyes:

If I wanted, I could go back and share all the accusations I've seen (to make my point), but then I'd probably just report the posts instead, so you probably don't want me to do that (not that I'm saying any of the posts belong to you). :p

As for asking the same questions again (and again), to what end? We aren't going to find Barbara by asking the same questions over and over. That is not sleuthing. That is beating a dead horse, IMO. E.g., LietKynes' question, "why would I wait 6 days to let the adult child of my missing spouse know she was missing?" That is not sleuthing. That is RT bashing, IMO. Posters have repeatedly offered possible reasons (hatred, jealously, dysfunction, etc.). We will never know the real answer to that question. Because RT is not going to tell us.

FTR, I'm not "pro" RT. I'm just "pro" facts. Which we can twist all we want, but then we aren't dealing with facts anymore. JMO

I've always read his comment about not being able to park without his wife's help as being sarcastic and snarky about his wife being a "backseat driver" and trying to tell him how to park the RV and he resented her trying to tell him how to park. I think he was angry and was complaining to the store clerk.
I'd call that considerable embroidery. The bottom line is, we don't know what he said, and we never will, because all there is to go on is one person's imperfect memory of something he never thought he would be asked to recall.

SABBM:

We're allowed to discuss what RT has stated in MSM.
We're allowed to question the veracity of what RT has said.

If some posters here choose to believe the account of someone who declared that LE told him his poly showed deception, that's their prerogative.

I don't believe him.

There is 0 evidence of her having been anywhere near the vicinity of where she allegedly went missing.

I wonder if LE has searched other locations, and if so, where they've looked.

Hope [COLOR=#0000ff]@dbdb11[/COLOR][B][COLOR=rgb(128, 0, 255)][/COLOR][/B] checks in here again at some point to update us on any recent contact her family has had with LE.

JMO.
bbm
Ita with above post.

Bringing this insightful and valuable post forward.
He shouldn't be concerned about what anyone says in his interview.
An interview which is considered MSM.
Finding Barbara should be a priority.

Agreed that we can discuss what's in msm and yes we may question what RT and the verified insider have said.
We at WS have bent over backwards to welcome RT and let him have his say.
And everyone has continually given him the benefit of the doubt.
Obviously since she hasn't been located anywhere near Kelbaker the search needs to be expanded ; and yes there are going to be questions !

But at the end of the day we just want answers for Barbara's family who are worried about her !
As they would be.

So he can join the podcast at any time and clear the air.
Not sure about other sources, but WS has definitely been the most welcoming to RT's cause in explaining his side.
The mods said he could contact and speak on the webcast any time.
Wonder if that will happen ?

More interested in this point to hear what the Verified Insider has to say about any updates in finding Barbara.

SBBM
No I didn't. I used a different word entirely; and spelled it correctly. :eek: :rolleyes:

If I wanted, I could go back and share all the accusations I've seen (to make my point), but then I'd probably just report the posts instead, so you probably don't want me to do that (not that I'm saying any of the posts belong to you). :p

As for asking the same questions again (and again), to what end? We aren't going to find Barbara by asking the same questions over and over. That is not sleuthing. That is beating a dead horse, IMO. E.g., LietKynes' question, "why would I wait 6 days to let the adult child of my missing spouse know she was missing?" That is not sleuthing. That is RT bashing, IMO. Posters have repeatedly offered possible reasons (hatred, jealously, dysfunction, etc.). We will never know the real answer to that question. Because RT is not going to tell us.

FTR, I'm not "pro" RT. I'm just "pro" facts. Which we can twist all we want, but then we aren't dealing with facts anymore. JMO
bbm
We'll just have to agree to disagree.
But it is a fact that her son had to wait for nearly a week for the last person to see Barbara waited for nearly a week to tell him.That's a long time to tell the adult child of my spouse that I think someone 'took her'. (RT's words in msm; not mine; lol :) )

We can discuss his statements from msm.
That is called questioning, and nothing more.
And it's fine.

Yes, it is sleuthing.
Her son didn't need to have to wait that long to be told his mom was missing and possibly abducted because she was "...walking in the desert in a bikini with a beer in hand...." Again msm words in the interview which we can discuss.

So we can agree to disagree and all is good.
Thanks for your opinion.
And yes I think continued discussion could be what will break this case.
Hoping for closure for Barbara's son and siblings if what we fear has come to pass.

There aren’t more than a few regular posters who even follow the case much less a whole court of public opinion hounding RT. That is hyperbole, imo.

What about the poster who traveled to the K Rd site and searched?

How does that not bring value?

You being RT and you see that on WS how are you not grateful?

Perhaps if you read other threads where family members are posting how appreciative they are for the resources, local search help and encouragement you might get an idea of the value of WS.

The mods are kept busy on every thread, imo.

jmo

My DH and I have stopped at a convenience store while traveling and to my knowledge neither of us tells the employee that the other person is with us.
Just pay for the fuel or purchasing snacks and be on our way.
But.. that's just us. :)
I realize everyone is different and so no judgement there at all.

What is of interest is what LE thinks about this.
Their opinion matters more than mine.
So, what are they saying ?
Have they reviewed any security footage from the stop ?
Anything will help and there could be clues !

I wanted to thank the posters who provided photos of the Chevron station in the media timeline as it helps to know exactly how the truck and fifth wheel were parked and the distance from the convenience store to the RV.

You'd be surprised the things people told me while I pumped their gas. NJ is still no self serve BTW... I was like their bartender. IMO, he wanted the person to remember him.

bbm
Thanks so much for reposting this, @Jade !

Someone remarked waaay back that LE requested the security footage from RT's stop at the Chevron and I couldn't locate it.
The encounter stood out in the employees' mind which is interesting as probably very few interactions with customers would have been significant.

The answer is out there, somewhere.
I feel like there's something we're all missing and can't put my finger on it.
Frustrating. :(

I used to pump gas. I'm sure I would have remembered him because of the convo

bbm
We'll just have to agree to disagree.
But it is a fact that her son had to wait for nearly a week for the last person to see Barbara waited for nearly a week to tell him.That's a long time to tell the adult child of my spouse that I think someone 'took her'. (RT's words in msm; not mine; lol :) )

We can discuss his statements from msm.
That is called questioning, and nothing more.
And it's fine.

Yes, it is sleuthing.
Her son didn't need to have to wait that long to be told his mom was missing and possibly abducted because she was "...walking in the desert in a bikini with a beer in hand...." Again msm words in the interview which we can discuss.

So we can agree to disagree and all is good.
Thanks for your opinion.
And yes I think continued discussion could be what will break this case.
Hoping for closure for Barbara's son and siblings if what we fear has come to pass.

Someone has to keep Barbara's name out there or LE won't do anything. Look at Vicki Prokopovits daughter Marsha. I told her early on to keep posting on her moms FB page; she listened. Vicki's husband was arrested for a no body murder after 5+ years.

Agreed about keeping Barbara's name out there !!!!
That's what we're doing.
And yes, the convenience store convo. as shared by the VI and in msm is important.
It would be interesting to know why LE have all of the surveillance footage from the Chevron.
They wouldn't do that for no reason at all -- or just b/c they're 'nosy'. (like me.:p)
What did they want from that footage ?

Has there been any more footage gathered from LE at other places ?
Did they stop for a quick bite to eat ?
We don't know--- but if RT could join our podcast we could ask him.

We've done more for him than msm as no one else seems to want him to come and clear the air and tell his side of the story.
Outside of the interview which a helpful poster pointed out was done the same day but in two different segments -- msm haven't interviewed him.

UNLESS ... he's been begging tv stations to grant him a presser or interview and they've told him 'no, we don't have time ' ; or some such like that.
That's a question we could ask , if he agrees to the offer from WS re. the podcast.
So yes-- he should be thankful !

Last edited:

How many hours did @cazador and his wife spend in the desert searching for a complete stranger?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member