Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to take a moment to thank ALL the new members here. Thank you for being interested in these kids enough to come on and share your thoughts and opinions. I've been here for more than 10 years. When it gets this emotional here, sometimes it's hard to keep the focus on the missing persons. If you have read all the posts so far, you'll see we try hard to stay fact-based, friendly and drama-free. It's good to see different opinions and have a safe space to express them.

Wow, wow, and wow.
I just caught up here and the only thing I'm going to say is wow and that this reminds me of an episode of the Fargo series... almost unbelievable.

I feel like you guys have said it all. Thanks for being so informative.

ETA: I want to give yall a standing ovation.

Last edited:
I preface this saying that I’m not up to speed on this case and the allegations, and just looked at that document on my phone so I may be missing something, but I didn’t see any allegation or admission in that document saying he was paid to kill someone. Am I missing something?
Yes. Subtext. Moo.

Maybe you should make a list, with all the reasons you believe they are safe on one side, and all the reasons/indications that they are in danger on the other. Maybe then you will start to understand what we are saying. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you. Moo.

In the interests of clarity, I'll take that "challenge":

1. Court filing (? I think this is true) made by L. Charles Vallow, adoptive father of JJ, in connection with custody battle, asserts that LV told him she "no longer wanted Charles or JJ".

2. In late 2019, LV and CD told someone that Tylee had passed away in 2017; which at minimum seems like inviting really bad luck

3. Tylee's friend allegedly had a "last text" from her in October 2019, but Tylee's friend said it had nothing in common with Tylee's texting style (T. did not believe in text-speak, and would have written "love" not "luv", etc.)

4. Grandparents are worried and have gotten evasive (no?) responses from LV

5. Brother Colby is worried and LV won't even speak to him (see #4)

6. Purported lawyer for CD and LV makes a written statement saying that people aren't judging CD and LV fairly, and that all will be revealed in time; but his wording says NOTHING about the minor children, not even as much "they are in a safe location"; or "no way would either of these fine upstanding individuals murder or even neglect a child". It doesn't even mention Tylee and JJ by name.

7. CD and LV are in doomsday cult, which could very well mean that the lawyer/CD/LV's "all will be revealed in time" (paraphrase), in the minds of the drafters of the statement, are "since the world is going to end imminently anyway, everything CD and LV has done will make sense to you sinners in time, and you will soon be preoccupied with such terrible things that you will cease to care about the fate of two small children; which is why we're not saying anything about said children".

8. CD's wife is dead under mysterious circumstances (autopsy pending)

9. LV's local Hawaii friend is quoted as saying that everyone thought LV was supermom (see #1, about her telling CV that she didn't want him or JJ anymore, which seems like a pretty alarming about-face). It also can't be argued, unless we assume that her adult son Colby is lying, that she doesn't care much about Colby anymore either, as she won't even reach out to him.

10. CV is now dead, purportedly shot at the hands of LV's own brother, AC, with witnesses involved

11. LV's niece Melani told Brandon, her former husband and father of her 4 children, that she didn't care about them anymore either, and tried to fob the kids off on him permanently; promptly remarried then disappeared off the face of the earth as well (possibly holed up with LV and CD).

12. LV is on record saying that she believes she is a god = worrying delusions of grandeur

...I have to run off to the gym so did not have time to embark upon more list; but anybody can feel free to quote and continue it in my absence.

Last edited:
It also doesn't mean they aren't lying either though. Don't presume, you never know how wrong your presumptions might just be. I said it in another post, but I'll say it here again...my experience has been one of those you wouldn't believe it if I told you. That's why I'm not so quick to believe what everyone else believes.
I hope you are proved correct because then the kids will be safe right? Sadly, I don't believe you are.

1. Court filing (? I think this is true) made by L. Charles Vallow, adoptive father of JJ, in connection with custody battle, asserts that LV told him she "no longer wanted Charles or JJ".

2. In 2017, Lori told someone that Tylee was dead; which at minimum seems like inviting really bad luck

3. Tylee's friend allegedly had a "last text" from her in October 2019, but Tylee's friend said it had nothing in common with Tylee's texting style (T. did not believe in text-speak, and would have written "love" not "luv", etc.)

6. Purported lawyer for CD and LV makes a written statement saying that people aren't judging CD and LV fairly, and that all will be revealed in time; but his wording says NOTHING about the minor children, not even as much "they are in a safe location"; or "no way would either of these fine upstanding individuals murder or even neglect a child". It doesn't even mention Tylee and JJ by name.

7. CD and LV are in doomsday cult, which could very well mean that the lawyer/CD/LV's "all will be revealed in time" (paraphrase), in the minds of the drafters of the statement, are "since the world is going to end imminently anyway, everything CD and LV has done will make sense to you sinners in time, and you will soon be preoccupied with such terrible things that you will cease to care about the fate of two small children; which is why we're not saying anything about said children".

9. LV's local Hawaii friend is quoted as saying that everyone thought LV was supermom (see #1, about her telling CV that she didn't want him or JJ anymore, which seems like a pretty alarming about-face). It also can't be argued, unless we assume that her adult son Colby is lying, that she doesn't care much about Colby anymore either, as she won't even reach out to him.

10. CV is now dead, purportedly shot at the hands of LV's own brother, AC, with witnesses involved

11. LV's niece Melani told Brandon, her former husband and father of her 4 children, that she didn't care about them anymore either, and tried to fob the kids off on him permanently; promptly remarried then disappeared off the face of the earth as well (possibly holed up with LV and CD).

12. LV is on record saying that she believes she is a god = worrying delusions of grandeur

...I have to run off to the gym so did not have time to embark upon more list; but anybody can feel free to quote and continue it in my absence.
BBM
I thought she made the statement very recently:
"We are aware that in the weeks after Tammy Daybell’s death, Lori Vallow/Daybell and Chad Daybell told witnesses that Lori’s daughter had died a year before the death of her father, which is untrue."
Read the entire RPD news release on the Daybell investigation | East Idaho News
Had she also said it before?

If they're convinced the end is really that imminent I'd also wonder why Chad doesn't have his kids and their families with him as well. If he tried to get them to come and they are as unconcerned as they appear to be, that doesn't make sense either.

I can only assume that they aren't involved because they didn't buy into Chad and Lori's nonsensical beliefs if Chad shared them at all. He's just dad - not a god. I think this shows that he's not mentally ill. He doesn't believe his own lies enough to try to save his family. He just wants to associate with people that do.

Question for experienced websleuthers. This is only the third case I've followed here. How often do people who know or support people directed involved in the case come here and try to steer the conversation and sow seeds of doubt?

I preface this saying that I’m not up to speed on this case and the allegations, and just looked at that document on my phone so I may be missing something, but I didn’t see any allegation or admission in that document saying he was paid to kill someone. Am I missing something?
I didnt even look at it as it was a pdf document without provenance so I ignored it. (Not a MSM or LE link).

BBM
I thought she made the statement very recently:
"We are aware that in the weeks after Tammy Daybell’s death, Lori Vallow/Daybell and Chad Daybell told witnesses that Lori’s daughter had died a year before the death of her father, which is untrue."
Read the entire RPD news release on the Daybell investigation | East Idaho News
Had she also said it before?

I think you are right and I phrased it misleadingly; have edited the original post. Does the new #2 above look more correct?

Beware of new members only posting on one thread and no links. IMO

I can only assume that they aren't involved because they didn't buy into Chad and Lori's nonsensical beliefs if Chad shared them at all. He's just dad - not a god. I think this shows that he's not mentally ill. He doesn't believe his own lies enough to try to save his family. He just wants to associate with people that do.

Question for experienced websleuthers. This is only the third case I've followed here. How often do people who know or support people directed involved in the case come here and try to steer the conversation and sow seeds of doubt?

This is only my third case as well, but this is the first time I've seen this kind of drama/veering OT/cattiness
moo

So you don't like opinions that differ from yours? Duly noted. What you perceive as defense could be nothing more than posting logical explanations, but I suppose from your comment that that's probably a little to much to handle. Once someone's mindset is set one way; it is very unlikely that even facts would change their mind I suppose.

No matter how hard I try, I can't perceive any logical explanations that could account for a dead ex-husband, two dead spouses, a dead brother, an attempted murder of an ex-spouse, 3 quickie marriages and two missing children all within a span of about 18 months.

Sure, maybe each event if viewed in their own unique bubble without context could be explained away but that's not what has happened here. There has been an increasingly alarming progression of events, all connected, which has brought LE to the conclusion that these children are in grave danger. MOO

Last edited:
Could you give us a link to Charles going to their office? Otherwise that is speculation, (which is allowed on here). BTW I did not say who BB saw in the jeep so what makes you bring up Alex? My only actual speculation was why Charles was killed (shot twice).
I was able to go back and rewatch the attorney video. They didn't actually say how he approached them. It would be my assumption that he went into the office, as most people do, but maybe if he were friends with them he didn't and just called. JMO

2. In 2017, Lori told someone that Tylee was dead; which at minimum seems like inviting really bad luck

And this is where I think the poster who is trying to be open minded and play devil's advocate is missing the boat. Sure, ex (or soon-to-be or wanna-be ex) spouses may make things up. Their family may make things up. LV may be the best mom ever and nothing has changed. But that sure seems unlikely when that means all of the different people who have dealt with her recently have stories that raise concerns. Did they all decide to make these up? Maybe the Illuminati is pulling the strings and making all these different people say this? MOO

Oh, it's happened.

I don't know if I'd say "often", and I think a more experienced WS-er might have concrete examples; but I've heard/read of the occasional thread to that effect, to be sure.

2. In late 2019, LV and CD told someone that Tylee had passed away in 2017; which at minimum seems like inviting really bad luck

I'd suggest adding ..

13. Rexburg Police visited with LV and CD attempting to do a welfare check on JJ and were told he was visiting family in AZ. When they checked with the family it was determined that he wasn't there. When they came back the next day it was determined that LV and CD had moved out in the intervening 24-ish hours. (They call it "fled" but you can use whatever term you want.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni